test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Negh' Tev BO setup question

ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Klingon Discussion
I've been running the Negh'Tev on an engineer with a tank setup for a couple of weeks now, and I'm wondering if I can improve the bridge officer setup.

I'm currently running it as:

ENS Tac: BFAW1
LCDR Tac: TT1, APB1, BFAW3
CDR Eng: ET1, DEM1, EPTS3, A2SIF3
LCDR Eng: ET1, DEM1, EPTW3
LT Sci: HE1, ST2

My question is whether I should drop DEM1, Move one ET1 up to ET2 and use the ENS and LT Engineering slots in the LCDR engineering station for command abilities? Since I'm running a beam boat, broadsiding my targets, overwhelm emitters has a very narrow arc where I can use it with all the other weapons, making it hard to use as often as I'd like. Would I be better using concentrate firepower or sticking to the double-DEM1 setup?

What are your thoughts?

Thank you for your input.
Post edited by ryakidrys on

Comments

• Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wouldn't figure concentrate firepower to be useful unless you plan on handing out buffs to allied ships, no?

Don't recall a lot of the other abilities off the top, sorry.
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There's a guy on here that totally claims he can effectively tank at least half the time. I would search "tanking in cruisers" and I bet his build threads will come up.

I'd post your build on STOA. That usually helps people answer questions.

Peace.
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    thissler wrote: »
    There's a guy on here that totally claims he can effectively tank at least half the time. I would search "tanking in cruisers" and I bet his build threads will come up.

I'd post your build on STOA. That usually helps people answer questions.

Peace.

Build was not done using the skill planner from STO Academy for the purpose of trying to keep folks on task and not going off on a tangent worrying about gear I am currently in progress of upgrading and obtaining. There is suitable info already provided to understand the basic setup already in use.

I apparently wasn't clear enough about the question, though. What command abilities that can be run from ENS and LT level would be better than double DEM1, and why?

Thanks
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ryakidrys wrote: »
    Build was not done using the skill planner from STO Academy for the purpose of trying to keep folks on task and not going off on a tangent worrying about gear I am currently in progress of upgrading and obtaining. There is suitable info already provided to understand the basic setup already in use.

I apparently wasn't clear enough about the question, though. What command abilities that can be run from ENS and LT level would be better than double DEM1, and why?

Thanks

It isn't about worrying over you upgrading gear or not upgrading gear. Gear interacts with abilities. Not knowing what gear your running means you're basically asking people to just make some **** up or make a list detailing every option, because they really can't access the needs of the build by only seeing a portion of the build.

Goodbye.