test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Okay, so...

I've got what I think is a good Foundry mission, but the tutorials on file seem woefully out of date and I've had the biggest trouble with trying to figure out how to achieve tasks and transition to different maps. Again, none of the tutorials I've looked up seems to be current, so I'm in a bit of a pickle, so to speak.

So, is there an updated tutorial, and if not, can someone with experience do one? Here's a breakdown of what I want to do.

1.) The player accepts the mission and must travel to Station K7 to meet the contact.

2.) Orbiting the station, the player beams aboard the contact's ship for the briefing, and must then proceed to travel through space to the next map, a world in Romulan space.

3.) The player and his or her away team must visit the planet, where they meet a Starfleet officer to obtain less-than-helpful information. After interviewing several Romulan civilians and investigating clues, the away team must fend off a squad of rogue Starfleet crewmembers, then confront the officer, who escapes.

4.) The player must then battle the officer's starship in orbit, then return to the surface to rescue imprisoned Starfleet officers. After obtaining more information, the player must then travel to another Romulan world to confront a Fleet Admiral.

5.) After a protracted ground battle, the player must face two Starships in space battle, and after Round One a second starship commanded by the player's mission contact arrives to even up the odds. Following the rogue officers' defeat, a dialog is held on the contact's starship ready room, and the mission concludes.

Would someone please do a walkthrough of creating such a mission? Thank you.
Post edited by archangelmorten on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    triggering a map transfer is simple. task 1-3 are on map A, task 4 is on map B, thus the game will automatically add a map transfer dialog between them. So just add a task for the next map you want to go to, then fill in the map transfer dialog. Also, there's a list of maps you created on the right-side bar. if you drag one to the quest window it will add the map transfer prompt to the quest.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • archangelmortenarchangelmorten Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks, but that doesn't actually tell me anything. I've never made a foundry mission before. I'm a total newbie at it.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I recommend going through the Back to Basics tutorial series. It's the most up to date tutorial series for beginners out there.