starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
House of Pegh Excelent job on this mission:D
Post edited by starmanj on

Comments

• stoltsstolts Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    starmanj wrote: »
    House of Pegh Excelent job on this mission:D

Agreed. However, I disliked how they made our liaison to lead the Iconian Resistance a KDF and with a Klingon backdrop but I see why now... heheh. Nice one PWE/Cryptic ;)

Still they could have made it more faction unique by using Section 31 for FED and the House of Pigh's equivalent for the RRF (I'm sure they have one despite D'Tan's rhetoric of openness and perceived transparency). But I suppose they were already behind schedule, already delaying the release. Overall satisfied. Especially since they got rid of a useless character... excuse me... "symbol".
    1686is5.jpg
    The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I enjoyed the mission overall, though I did have some trouble with crashes during the ground portions. And the space battle at the end was a little much. But the story was pretty good, and I'm glad we didn't have a complete victory for once.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2015
    The only issue I had with the mission was what was the other team doing while my team was stabilizing the Omega molecule and setting charges, and if they did set their charges why not blow the facility as we were leaving?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • texastrekkietexastrekkie Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I haven't had a chance to sit down and play this yet, but after reading this???!!!! OMG I can't wait to log in!!!!!!

*EXCITED* :D
    edited May 2015
    ... and I'm glad we didn't have a complete victory for once.

This too. Its so annoying how things have to end happily ever after or has to have a resolution (a clean cut one).
    1686is5.jpg
    The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To my personal taste, the episode is a bit short, without particle minigame, it would be shorter.
    And how can one Klingon dare call me petaq ?! That should be rewarded by punch , woman or not.

Anyway, a good episode, glory to Kahless!

My favourites are still Mind Game and The Dragon's Deceit.
    edited May 2015
    tmassx wrote: »
    ... how can one Klingon dare call me petaq?! That should be rewarded by punch , woman or not.

Lmao! If you find yourself overprotective of your girl just because someone is talking to her about the mission on hand. You need to see a doctor, specifically a Psychologist and/or Psychiatrist. Because if you get knocked out due to your insecurity... it kinda is warranted, especially from a Klingon to a Klingon.

They should have added an option to knock her out after she said that, for KDF characters. And before people start spouting nonsense. This is Klingon culture people. Barring that its not like this is new. You get an option to knock out Ensign Svoboda (from behind no less) in "Everything Old is New". And besides we are just talking about knocking out, how many sentients has your Captain killed? Check your accolades... there are kill accolades.
    1686is5.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    The only issue I had with the mission was what was the other team doing while my team was stabilizing the Omega molecule and setting charges, and if they did set their charges why not blow the facility as we were leaving?

The mission doesn't state whether we do so or not, but as I understood it, there was at least a 3rd molecule/reactor thingy, and we didn't manage to set charges to it. So even if we do, the Iconians still have at least one generator working probably.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • minababeminababe Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This mission was extremely well-written. The fact that I actually became offended by the obnoxious characters was a testament to the writing. I was so angry when Ramira yelled at me that I practically went, "Oh, no you didn't! Who do you think you are?" It was also the first time the Klingons came across as completely off the rails, where before they seemed to be toned down versions of themselves.
    My Foundry Mission--Name: Falling Star | Mission ID: HQIH36HAW | Faction: FED
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think it would have been cool if the order was made to activate the explosives just before the call for emergency transport.

Just to see the explosives going off or even if the bombs were shown to be disintegrated by Herald defenders would give some sense of satisfaction that something happened with the bombs.
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They really need to tone these Iconians down, after leaving the planet and doing the distress call I spent more time trying to kill those ******* viral probes than I did the ships.

70% of space combat has pretty much so far been at least 2 systems disabled.

Edit
    set of stars is the heavenly father and a structure that holds water back, not exactly sure why that is starred.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My KDF aligned Reman can't play it. WTF is that about?
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jelly0 wrote: »
    They really need to tone these Iconians down, after leaving the planet and doing the distress call I spent more time trying to kill those ******* viral probes than I did the ships.

70% of space combat has pretty much so far been at least 2 systems disabled.

Edit
    set of stars is the heavenly father and a structure that holds water back, not exactly sure why that is starred.

I agree. Its almost like the writers forgot about the part where we set explosive, it just got left hanging. Who held the detonator controls for that mission? Please don't tell me it was Kahless, that would make it a quintuple facepalm mission.