test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I liked the new espisode

x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
Personally I think the story telling has improved a lot since the beginning and I liked the new objects and textures that were used in the base.

It did feel a bit short, and i'm disappointed you guys brought in characters then killed them off in the same episode but i'd probably prefer more smaller episodes as I felt the prior episodes should have been broken into three or four episodes about the size of this episode.

Unfortunately it feels like the Iconian story is playing out in fast forward. It's been years in the build-up, I'd prefer if the war lasted longer than it seems like it's going to. But that said I'm enjoying the Klingon I really like the Iconian ground combat,

Also I'm looking forward to more Ferengi stuff, I really hope it will be more than one episode with Nog I have always thought it would be cool if you tackled Ferenginar.
Post edited by x10110100 on

Comments

• Options
    monterey7monterey7 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The House of Pegh episode takes too many hours to complete. I can't afford to buy all the newest weps and ships to make this an easy episode so it takes me about 4-5 hours to complete it. I work 2 jobs and do not have that kind of time to take out of my life just to get the "close up and personnal" skill. The lock boxes never give me anything but exp boosts so that is a waste of time.
    It should take hours to defeat that last Hearld ship. This episode must be written for the people who have no life.. and lots and lots of money for the latest and greatest weapons.

It was not much fun for someone that loves to play Star Trek Online. I can't think of why i wouuld want to torture myself to play that miisson again. Cant afford to quit my job to get enough time to get one mission done.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    monterey7 wrote: »
    The House of Pegh episode takes too many hours to complete. I can't afford to buy all the newest weps and ships to make this an easy episode so it takes me about 4-5 hours to complete it. I work 2 jobs and do not have that kind of time to take out of my life just to get the "close up and personnal" skill. The lock boxes never give me anything but exp boosts so that is a waste of time.
    It should take hours to defeat that last Hearld ship. This episode must be written for the people who have no life.. and lots and lots of money for the latest and greatest weapons.

It was not much fun for someone that loves to play Star Trek Online. I can't think of why i wouuld want to torture myself to play that miisson again. Cant afford to quit my job to get enough time to get one mission done.

I think something is wrong with your ship if you took 4-5 hours on a story mission..
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The map is horrible, it is Las Vegas meets Cirque du Soleil. Now this is of course a matter of taste, but the map is also slow and laggy. A map as that prison in the second wave cyclus is a thousand times better, also regarding playability.

When I am on a map I always ask myself, who made it and with what purpose. When the obvious answer is, the game makers wanted another or a special atmosphere, then it is a no no in my book.

Further I am going to write a letter to Starfleet Command and ask to not team me up with fools, weirdo's and idiots. I thought we are out there to seek new intelligence.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2015

There was a space battle?! LOL. No, seriously, all I recall is some semi-tough resitance inside those corridors (I suck at ground). And whatever space combat took place, it took minutes maybe, tops.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    x10110100 wrote: »

Unfortunately it feels like the Iconian story is playing out in fast forward. It's been years in the build-up, I'd prefer if the war lasted longer than it seems like it's going to. But that said I'm enjoying the Klingon I really like the Iconian ground combat,

Yeah it really does feel rushed and considering they said the whole arc will only have 5 or 6 episodes I think it's not getting better. We're pretty much halfway there an almost nothing of importance happened so far. Expecting a very anti climatic finale here...
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah it really does feel rushed and considering they said the whole arc will only have 5 or 6 episodes I think it's not getting better. We're pretty much halfway there an almost nothing of importance happened so far. Expecting a very anti climatic finale here...

I see it the same way. The atmosphere provided by the stories, wallpapers and the whole recruitment thingy is so cool at the moment that it would be very sad if we rush through that arc too fast.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Definitely does not feel like a war one bit. Things that have been suggested like Red Alerts and such would definitely help. But right now, All the build up from the past story lines and the delta recruit thing for a couple of ques and a few episodes? The best thing about the episodes has been the rewards and being relatively easy to grind them out.
  • Options
    tarrynrextarrynrex Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    scarling wrote: »
    Definitely does not feel like a war one bit. Things that have been suggested like Red Alerts and such would definitely help. But right now, All the build up from the past story lines and the delta recruit thing for a couple of ques and a few episodes?

DEVs if you are listening here. We need to have one of those massive fleet action episodes - just like the ones you've put in lately (Korfez, was it? and the new Romulan episode one). Loads of ships on the horizon and just you and a few others on the fed side. We could even run these missions with a cumulative total - same as the Delta counter, which shows what side is winning or losing. As more people run the episode or team in the STF we would improve and start winning each instance and turn the tide, thus winning the war. Just a thought.
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The *only* thing good about this mission is that it's quick and cakewalk for my main so I can get the spec point boxes on replay.

*Nothing* else was worth my time.
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just an observation, but this episode and its covert Klingon group applauding Romulan-like tactics seemed a bit strange to me. And then to find out that the Emperor was leading this unit was even more bizarre.

Why even weave this type of a unit into the storyline? Just say the Klingons have come up with the technology to cloak their vessels in such a way that the Iconians have a hard time detecting them and leave it at that. Then have the Emperor insist on being a part of that assault group and die gloriously in combat.

Let Romulans be Romulans and Klingons be Klingons.

Also, if the Klingons have adapted a cloak that can be useful against the Iconians, then, staying with Cryptic's storyline about a combined effort war, they should share that technology with the Romulans and Federation and have gone in with them.

Something about this storyline didn't ring true to me. I enjoyed playing it, but the storyline left something to be desired from the perspective of being Klingon.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    agreed. .

This arc really does need a big flush out somewhere tbh biggest fear would be short arc then over.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,422 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Hours? You're slow if you don't finish it in 45 minutes or less.

First run with all extensively reading all the text and exploring everything (including passages which were obviously wrong, it took me 50 minutes.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    goodscotch wrote: »
    Just an observation, but this episode and its covert Klingon group applauding Romulan-like tactics seemed a bit strange to me. And then to find out that the Emperor was leading this unit was even more bizarre.

Why even weave this type of a unit into the storyline? Just say the Klingons have come up with the technology to cloak their vessels in such a way that the Iconians have a hard time detecting them and leave it at that. Then have the Emperor insist on being a part of that assault group and die gloriously in combat.

Let Romulans be Romulans and Klingons be Klingons.

Also, if the Klingons have adapted a cloak that can be useful against the Iconians, then, staying with Cryptic's storyline about a combined effort war, they should share that technology with the Romulans and Federation and have gone in with them.

Something about this storyline didn't ring true to me. I enjoyed playing it, but the storyline left something to be desired from the perspective of being Klingon.

Emphasis added. That's the part so many people insulting the writing are missing.

We are told we are going on the mission to hit three omega devices. But the station only has two, and the Klingon intelligence officers are not surprised by t'ket's presence,nor alarmed by it.

Basically, the goal of the mission was for kahless to fight t'ket, all the omega and cloaking talk was a ruse to get your character on scene to be a witness.

The clone was a poor warrior at best, not a match for gowron nor even the breen in sto's kdf arc. But he did have the original's flair for the dramatic. He saw this as a win win. If he dies stovokor and the Klingon army rallies and fights harder. If he wins, redemption and a chance to fight on the front lines for the first time in his life.

From his point of view, there was no downside. House pegh only risked one ship and an outsider to make it happen.

Also, watch the cutscene again. T'ket get a head wound. Kahless isn't a fool, he didn't cut off her arm, he tried to kill her, she dodged or blocked. We'll never know as its off camera. But he aimed for the head, and hit it.

Edit: *Gav fails save vs really bad joke* Dat iconian a**... kahless hit it... Hur hur hur.

*sigh* sorry. Rolled a Nat 1. Had to be done. I apologize for the devolution into ESD general chat.
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Emphasis added. That's the part so many people insulting the writing are missing.

One can't miss what isn't there.

Want my take on want really happened as we seem to be playing make believe?

They presented their plan to my character and I told them that my 5 year old could come up with something better and walked out on them.

Everything after that is a holo-footage faked by the Klingons, including the injury to the Iconica. The actual team was wiped out to the last man and ship.

There. I like that version much better.