Install Arc
Options

=/\= Priority One Podcast 223 | IF YOU RE-BUILD IT… =/\=

2»

Comments

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is no Podcast section on the STO forums and the many of the podcasts tend to be on general information and discussions about STO.

That's not a good reason at all. The GNN section is for official Cryptic communication. Your podcast isn't an official Cryptic podcast, so it shouldn't be in the GNN section. It should be in general with the rest of the community made podcasts.

If/when we do get around to moving to the new forum format, you can look into making a podcast section there. In the meantime, you really shouldn't be posting your podcast in the official news section at all.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This week’s Community Question:
    Do you PvP? If so then what are your opinions about the Iconian Traits? Even if you don’t PvP, lets us know what you think

*I dont, guess why :rolleyes:.
    * Having only 4 slots available I don't think I ever use that one.:)
    Let us know what you think about the time gated rewards for featured episodes.

I would always appreciate better rewards ofc :D and I wouldn't mind if the devs made it possible to get a spec point for the first time playing the mission even when it stopped being a featured episode. At lest they could do it for this new inconian story arc. :)
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    There is no Podcast section on the STO forums and the many of the podcasts tend to be on general information and discussions about STO.

I spy someone skirting the issue.....
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1) Generally speaking Nagus simply is. I don't recall him being aligned to a podcast. He's very quick to post information and news.

2) just flat out going into threads and antagonizing people is against the rules. One person is getting a timeout.

3) I think there should be a subsection for podcasts and community events/specifics, but as was pointed out that won't happen yet under these forums that have an antiquated backend. Until then, I have no problem with this being posted here.

Ok.

....back to coffee for me.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sub or dub?
    Hmm.... "wizards of STO".... Orihime more or less IS a wizard. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    About the playing Episodes multiple times:

I personally dislike playing same episode multiple times in a short period time because it breaks immersion. And most importantly if you have x number of characters I would have ot play this x times the number of reward items. That is to much and I never do that even if I try.

Instead I play the mission at least once with my main toon. My attention is to play it again with the same toon.. but that never happens. I don't even play the same mission with my other toons. (They are so much behind). I simply don't have the time or patience to replay it again. It means I don't have the full sets from those episode. Playing same episode once a week is also difficult for me because some weeks I am really busy and I rather do other stuff online that won't take to long (the new missions usually takes an hour to play).
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    About the playing Episodes multiple times:

I personally dislike playing same episode multiple times in a short period time because it breaks immersion. And most importantly if you have x number of characters I would have ot play this x times the number of reward items. That is to much and I never do that even if I try.

Instead I play the mission at least once with my main toon. My attention is to play it again with the same toon.. but that never happens. I don't even play the same mission with my other toons. (They are so much behind). I simply don't have the time or patience to replay it again. It means I don't have the full sets from those episode. Playing same episode once a week is also difficult for me because some weeks I am really busy and I rather do other stuff online that won't take to long (the new missions usually takes an hour to play).

This, right here. I'm not sure I've completed any of the episode sets from Sphere of Influence and onward, on any character. They get one, maybe two plays on a single character. I'm too busy trying to level up alts otherwise.

I would probably play it multiple times over a short period of time with more than one character. If I could then shift pieces of the set from one character to the other, I'd be golden.

The other factor, for me, is that only two of my characters have played through every single story arc and only two are level 60. I've decided that I will not (generally) play episodes out of order on an alt, and so several of them have not played through even a single Delta episode.

At the moment, my leading Delta recruit is my 'featured alt' and for practical reasons he's the next character I need to advance through at least the Breen arc (Fed). After that, I have a KDF recruit who needs a playthrough. Don't get me started on my Romulan alts.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Good show guys and gals.

I tell yeah, It's nice to have heard Sarcasm on the last few shows. He really is the only one I know of in game, and that is because he helped me out about a year ago, as I was getting back into STO.

Man did a sci build for me and everything. Things like that one doesn't forget.

Keep up the good work @ the team there.

as for the PvP / PvE trait thing. I doubt I will be using those weapons/ abilites anyways, as I already have invested way too much time into a good plasma, AP, Phaser, and Disruptor set that I pass between toons.

So It does make me wonder, how many people in both camps are using the new shineys?
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    Now that I've calmed down a bit.

I have to say this was a good episode of Priority one, me like :D very balanced and not very overly Cryptic lobbyist like the previous ones. The wealth of knowledge SD brings to the show is also refreshing. I definitely enjoyed this episode.

At the very least for my part; i will never sugar coat anything. I will be fair, but if i don't like something i will say that i don't like it, and why i don't like it.
    For sarcasmdetector, concerning your pvp comments, I recommend you check out these threads below. They are a compiled list of PvP concerns but no longer maintained because, well, no one is PvPing in this game anymore.

Space pvp concerns directory

Ground PvP concerns 4.5

Ground PvP concerns link 2

Those are all PvP issues, many of them still long standing from time immemorial. Keep in mind there are a couple of bugs that are missing, should have been added due to new code introduced with subsequent season releases and expansions. No one follows what really goes on in space PvP anymore. I am very confused where you're hearing PvPers obsessing about one trait ability. Also, interesting factoid, the PvP community has eroded so much that the little voice that remains is like peep squeak. I did hear 2 maybe 3 people complain about that trait you brought up in the podcast, but those few individuals are hardly representative of the entire PvP community (those few remaining still lol).

Although i don't PvP anymore, i still have feelers in the PvP community (a couple of PvPish fleets have tried to recruit me); and i heard plenty about this trait.

There are enough problems with PvP from before DR released that I'm sure it was dying anyway. All that DR did was just speed things a long.

Also i made a comment during the live recording that got edited out of the final show: something about there only being a few PvPers left in the game. :D might have been a tad too sarcastic.
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    1) Generally speaking Nagus simply is.

Ok... YODA
  • Options
    elijahmreelijahmre Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    At the very least for my part; i will never sugar coat anything. I will be fair, but if i don't like something i will say that i don't like it, and why i don't like it.

Woaw!... You too!? I used to do that, too!! Must be why I let you back on the show each week! :P

Seriously though, Kenna & Kam are doing a marvelous job! Good work all around!
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I have to say this was a good episode of Priority one, me like :D very balanced and not very overly Cryptic lobbyist like the previous ones. The wealth of knowledge SD brings to the show is also refreshing. I definitely enjoyed this episode.

For sarcasmdetector, concerning your pvp comments, I recommend you check out these threads below. They are a compiled list of PvP concerns but no longer maintained because, well, no one is PvPing in this game anymore.

Space pvp concerns directory

Ground PvP concerns 4.5

Ground PvP concerns link 2

Those are all PvP issues, many of them still long standing from time immemorial. Keep in mind there are a couple of bugs that are missing, should have been added due to new code introduced with subsequent season releases and expansions. No one follows what really goes on in space PvP anymore. I am very confused where you're hearing PvPers obsessing about one trait ability. Also, interesting factoid, the PvP community has eroded so much that the little voice that remains is like peep squeak. I did hear 2 maybe 3 people complain about that trait you brought up in the podcast, but those few individuals are hardly representative of the entire PvP community (those few remaining still lol).

This is so sad because this games PvP is not that bad. This is nothing against anyone but if this game had a well established show dedicated to PvP things might get fixed. Look how long it took Cookie to get the Nerve tonic fixed. All PvP needs is a voice, besides the forums. Once again if PvP was balanced PvE would not suffer.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bergins wrote: »
    Have not listened yet. After last week's little exchange here, not sure I want to.
    Well, I listened today. Good show, as usual.

meimeitoo wrote: »
    I missed Cookie. :(
    Me Me Too. :P

I may have even missed a certain other host...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    elijahmreelijahmre Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bergins wrote: »

I may have even missed a certain other host...

Oh, common now bergins... bring it here! #hug
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    elijahmre wrote: »
    Oh, common now bergins... bring it here! #hug

Augh!! He Hashtagged me!!! Where's the soap?!? ;)

Ya know, Elijah, I really do enjoy the show. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered arguing last week.

So, I guess thanks for putting out a show I enjoy enough to get upset over. :D
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not going to sugarcoat it, I do miss the soothing voice of Elijah.
  • Options
    daunknownadmindaunknownadmin Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2015

3) I think there should be a subsection for podcasts and community events/specifics, but as was pointed out that won't happen yet under these forums that have an antiquated backend. Until then, I have no problem with this being posted here.
    Technically, if you don't update the software the forums run on for the better part of a decade then its not the software's fault? Why not try updating the forums to something more recent and perhaps you can start to enjoy features that are only 5 years old instead of one that are pushing 10. Honestly, if bigger and more active forums using the same software can manage, it's hardly the fault of the software now is it?

^^^ This... Having SD and Ryan on P1 is refreshing and gives the show the math power that other STO related shows have/had.
  • Options
    masterfiretrollmasterfiretroll Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Please ensure that all comments are kept amicable - comments on this thread are borderline on breaking Flaming and Trolling ToS. I don't want to be giving out warnings!

Their was Troll's long before it was reference as Flaming I find it kind of racist...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Their was Troll's long before it was reference as Flaming I find it kind of racist...

Says the Master Fire Troll.:rolleyes:

Since Internet Trolling originally referred to a method of fishing where one drops bait, then "trolls along" waiting for a bite, and not the bridge-dwelling creatures of lore, your point is... lost. It is a bit like someone from Poland getting upset when people talk about there being too many Utility Poles.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Still a pretty recent thread, so no necro here. Anyway,

Yes, but the question was why you posted your podcast show in a section only mods can post, rather than general, where other podcasts are posted?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    zobovorzobovor Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Yes, but the question was why you posted your podcast show in a different section than general?

Well, comments were heard, minds were changed (hopefully no Goauld were involved ... , but with Trendy you never know ...) , and voil