test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rescuing Zden?

saravoratrelundasaravoratrelunda Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Romulan Discussion
So a couple days ago I was playing Devil's Choice with a friend and we found zden but when we blasted the cubicle or whatever its called open, he was dead. But I seem to remember rescuing him on my first romulan. So I went through it again up to that point yesterday alone and when I blasted the thing open, he was dead. So I did some googling and eventually I found someone else who was talking about a few things and mentioned that they had successfully rescued him.

So have they changed it and you can't rescue him anymore? Or is there some criteria you have to fulfill that I'm missing for some reason? Or are I and the other person I found talking about it just crazy? It's just that I'd told my friend that we would get to rescue him and I don't want to look crazy. And also I'm curious.
Post edited by saravoratrelunda on

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm not a 100% sure but I think he survived the last time I played that with my delta dude, don't think I did anything special to secure his survival.
    Maybe wether ot not you take Veril along does alter the outcome though that seems rather unlikely....
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I almost always bring Veril and he has always died. I really wish they would fix it so that he is rescued like Renna Khev.
  • saravoratrelundasaravoratrelunda Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks, guys!

I thought of Veril too, but she isn't making any difference. I'm not sure what's going on here. :confused:
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think they planned to do something with that, but didn't had time or something, and it was scrapped.
    Even if you have Veril with you, nobody cares.

"Hey Veril, that's your dad !"
    "Oh yeah..., who cares ?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If i remember rightly, on my 1st ever play through of this mission, back during LoR, I rescued a living Zden, cant remember if there was any dialogue or not, but i recall him being beamed up like the others. On my recent run through, with a Delta Recruit, even though Zden keeled over.. dead?.. the transporter sound and graphic were still present for the encounter, then I rescued D'Vex, who joined my crew. I'm guessing the D'Vex rescue happened 1st time round too, but i cant remember that for some reason.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    qziqza wrote: »
    If i remember rightly, on my 1st ever play through of this mission, back during LoR, I rescued a living Zden, cant remember if there was any dialogue or not, but i recall him being beamed up like the others. On my recent run through, with a Delta Recruit, even though Zden keeled over.. dead?.. the transporter sound and graphic were still present for the encounter, then I rescued D'Vex, who joined my crew. I'm guessing the D'Vex rescue happened 1st time round too, but i cant remember that for some reason.

Yes, it would be nice if they added script so that it is possible to rescue both D'Vex AND Zden. And when the player completes the mission they have their choice between recruiting the two. And for mission replay, to pick up the other one (or recover them if they were previously dismissed, much like the Jem'Hadar BOFF).
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    davidwford wrote: »
    Yes, it would be nice if they added script so that it is possible to rescue both D'Vex AND Zden. And when the player completes the mission they have their choice between recruiting the two. And for mission replay, to pick up the other one (or recover them if they were previously dismissed, much like the Jem'Hadar BOFF).

That's the idea I would like to see implemented. I recall how most of us were unable to see/hear any interaction between Tovan and Rinna of hfihar s'Khev apart from Tovan exclaiming "Rinna!" and her being beamed out, and we complained about it. It was eventually fixed. At the time, I remember people asking about Zden, because the whole business of finding him was so possible to miss completely. Absolutely nothing happened except that he fell over dead, and many of us didn't even notice that the Reman who just fell over dead was Zden. You would think that Veril would react or respond to that in some way, but no, nothing. It boggles the mind.

P.S.: erei1, I love that new signature.
  • tolmariustolmarius Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    protogoth wrote: »
    That's the idea I would like to see implemented. I recall how most of us were unable to see/hear any interaction between Tovan and Rinna of hfihar s'Khev apart from Tovan exclaiming "Rinna!" and her being beamed out, and we complained about it. It was eventually fixed. At the time, I remember people asking about Zden, because the whole business of finding him was so possible to miss completely. Absolutely nothing happened except that he fell over dead, and many of us didn't even notice that the Reman who just fell over dead was Zden. You would think that Veril would react or respond to that in some way, but no, nothing. It boggles the mind.

P.S.: erei1, I love that new signature.

I remember rescueing Zden successfully the first time around. But not after that,
    3T6cHqb.png