test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Updating Risa - Regular Resort Area

pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
Now that the newness has worn off the "Summer Event" area, perhaps the Regular Resort area map could be updated to allow floaters, hover-boards and swimsuits? Not sure they need to add vendors for those items, but just allow their use there. Would make the map a bit more interesting, and not be a big game changer.

Of course, we'll probably see that about the time we get ushaan fights on Andoria... ;)
Post edited by pigeonofclay on

Comments

• azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can't vouch for the surfboards, but I know that floater maps are a nightmare for the environment artists. I don't expect any older maps to be retrofitted with the floater technology... if it's going to be incorporated going forward, it will probably only be on new maps.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It would be nice to have at least one other map where swimwear can be worn.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you mean the old Risa map, you already can wear swimwear and use hoverbaords on it. I've been there a few times to do so. Floaters don't work, but the other two do.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I did not even know they had changed that. Just checked, and you can wear swimwear in the Classic Resort area. Not sure about hover-boards, as I don't have one.

Nice!
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is there any point at all to the old Risa map? There's virtually nothing there at all. I'm kinda surprised it's still there.

The devs said a couple years back (when the Summer Event first started) that they were leaving the old Risa map there because there were Foundry doors on that map.

(Which, strangely enough, did not stop them from later completely deleting Memory Alpha, Foundry doors and all.)
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would also like to see it turned into a full adventure zone with missions and tasks that you can take for just an occasionl break from the norm.

in fact there are many maps that are under utilised and could be updated to include missions and tasks for fun and play.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.