test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ships of the expanded universe.

lordrezeonlordrezeon Member Posts: 399 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Ten Forward
I've been reading the expanded universe Star Trek novels recently, but have been left wondering about the sizes of some of the ships. Primarily the Luna class and Vesta class, the novels tend to stay vague about the capabilities and sizes of these new ships.

I've got a vague idea based on how they appear in STO, but the scaling of ships in game isn't always accurate.

Are there any official stats on how big those ships are?
Post edited by lordrezeon on

Comments

• Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Vesta_class
    http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Luna_class

Says the Vesta is the same length as the Galaxy class and the Luna is slightly larger than a Intrepid class. In game the Vesta is slightly bigger than the Wells (Which is supposed to be much Smaller..like Defiant size..) But that explains the turn rate for each...

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Luna (450m) is roughly the size of the Nebula (442m) and the Akira (464m), but in STO Akira is small, Nebula is large, while the Luna is the middle.

The Vesta (672m) is slightly smaller than the Sovereign (685m) while longer than the Galaxy (642m) as they appear in the game.
  • Options
    lordrezeonlordrezeon Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thank you for the replies, the sizes of these ships had really been bugging me.

I kind of guessed the Luna class was in that size range, due to it having some similarities to the Akira design.

The Vesta class had me totally stumped though. The art always left me feeling it was smaller than the Sovereign class, but the Voyager novels has everyone gush over how massive the ship class is. Although I guess compared to the Intrepid class a Vesta would be about twice the size.