test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

USS Enterprise-E Canon Color Scheme

kopperud001kopperud001 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Federation Discussion
Hi, guys!

I've been wondering about this for a couple of days now;

What are the most accurate color schemes for the Assault Cruiser? (either normal or refit)
(And yes; I've already changed all of my patterns to Andromeda)

I went with material type 6 for the ''First Contact''-look, since it is almost a plain white coloring.
But what about the ''Insurrection'' and the ''Nemesis'' colors? I've been experimenting with either E13, E14 etc. as the secondary color.

Can you guys please help me? :D

(I have been looking through the treads regarding canon builds/colors,but I couldn't find anything useful)
Post edited by kopperud001 on

Comments

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Enterprise-E has been shown in 2 looks.

In First Contact we have the white-black look. For STO, Type 6 textures with some black trim. You can't replicate it 100% but close enough. For reference, the actual studio model of the Enterprise-E from First Contact, and the last studio model ever made for Star Trek. I've gone with:
    Type 6 Skin
    Type 2 Windows
    Andromeda Pattern
    Colors: E9, E18

The Enterprise in Nemesis is very different in pattern. It has a sort of "Aztec" pattern like the TOS-movie era ships but it's in greys, unlike the very bright white & black First Contact style. You can't replicate faithfully the Nemesis look in STO. This page shows some differences and you'll realize how far off STO is in doing it. Just not possible. The best I can get is the same as my First Contact style but with the Type 5 Skin. Fleet Skin has shiny black metallic zones and that bothers me for a proper Nemesis look.

An example of a Nemesis style Enterprise-E someone made. Don't look at the price tag (seriously) but admire the look of the Nemesis Ent-E and see some details, patterns.

It's been forever since I looked at STO's Sovereign model up close. And I'm reminded again how bad the model is.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • kopperud001kopperud001 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks, bro!! :D

I have to agree with you; the in-game model could have been done far better! The same with the Tier 2 cruiser. (the 1701-refit) If you choose material 2, the deflector dish is all out of place. :P

But what about the build?

I went with phasers, quantum torps and photons. But the impulse/deflector/shield-trio is bothering me :/ (The same with the consoles... I just had the metereon gas, the RCS and other stuff randomly in there)

(Again, I've tried the other treads here regarding the E's build, but I didn't find it any helpful)
  • dw1178dw1178 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've done the same thing, in the sake of "gimping" myself because I wanted to command a starfleet ship, even down to what is meant to be on it. I tried to mimic the Nemesis version, even in combat.

I use the Delta Alliance Shield, Deflector, and Engine to get the speed 3 pc bonus, I also use the speed bonus from the same Rep, with the increased turn and speed, this makes it really agile like the film. I have 2 Phaser arrays fore, with 1 photon and the wide angle quantum. Aft I have 2 Phaser arrays and Omni Phaser with [Thrust] and another Photon. Consoles well I guess it would be up to you, but with the Delta 3pc set and the rep, you dont need any RCS's. Just have it to set the movement cruiser command so your dont drift when turning, the added inertia helps.

For that nice torpedo feel, I ditched a science slot and made it a tactical, I have high yeild 3 and torpedo spread 2, mixed in there with fire at will. and some of your standard tac skills. and to really boost this I have the Sheshars trait that gives a free high yield 1 after using another high yeild skill. Thats the basic run through of what I've done. I didnt go into what the condition of the gear I have is, or the mods. This is just what I've done to make it feel like what I saw watching Nemesis. If you feel like its too fast you can always for go the delta set or the rep trait.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ...This page shows ....
    Interesting.
    I always had the feel that the Nemesis version had somewhat shorter and bulkier looking nacelles. But that could just have been a matter of (camera) perspective.

Apart from that, i never noticed any noteworthy changes between the movies and i always wondered what people meant when talking about the great looking Nemesis version. For me the ship looks and feels basicly the same. (not mentioning the rediculus amount of torpedo bays, lol)

The changes they made to the Galaxy when changing from the elegant 6-foot model to the ugly 4-foot model where much more noticeable imo. But i never heard anyone complaining about it, lol.

Regarding the Sovereign, how are the changes explained in-universe?
    Did they actually disassemble the whole ship just to add some torpedo launchers?
    Not even ex-astris-scientia has a good explaination and they investigate very thoroughly imo.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yreodred wrote: »
    (...)
    Regarding the Sovereign, how are the changes explained in-universe?
    Did they actually disassemble the whole ship just to add some torpedo launchers?
    Not even ex-astris-scientia has a good explaination and they investigate very thoroughly imo.

There are no explanations to anything, those times are gone :D

Seriously, it is obvious that theree didn't went much thought into the TNG movies and ENT (or VOY). I'd suspect after VOYs first season (which still had a writer's guide which you can get on the internet as a unpublished technical manual) everything went out of the window. The Sovereign was never designed to "make sense", it was a purely cosmetical ship. They even added more guns for special effects but tose changes were not adressed in the movies. Further, at the end of Nemesis (I only watched that trainwreck one time in my life and will probably never repeat that :P) the E is supposed to get yet another refit, but they ran out of money so that is never shown (luckily, as it only gets more ridiculous). Also I think they realized that it would be the last TNG movie ever. I think the movie ends with the E in drydock and the crew basically retiring and the studio watched in shock and awe as the film bombed and blamed it on everything except the fact that it was a really bad movie and decided to bury Star Trek because "peopl
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • kopperud001kopperud001 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    *BUMP*

Okay, so with the new textures for the Sovereign: What should I go for? :smiley:

First Contact: Type 6 with the secondary color being a tiny bit darker

Insurrection: Type1, just plain grey

Nemesis: Type 5 with the secondary color being dark (012, 013)

Feel free to leave suggestions! I've just made up these out of pics of the E :smile: