test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If the Trek Universe had Television

jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Ten Forward
One of my favorite all time things to discuss with other players is, "What if Star Trek had Television" I mean think long and hard, I am sure they had SOME media in this day and age to entertain the masses so think of your coolest dramas, comedies, crime dramas, day time shows, movies that any of the Star Trek species might of had like for example one of them could be:

"The Walking Borg" Obviously a play on the hit TV series the Walking Dead

"Batleths & Honor" The Klingon Version of Law & Order

"The Land Before Doctrine" Land Before Time

"The Centurion" Based off the old classic show "The Rifleman" since Romulans now are essentially cowboys

"JAG" - Essentially the same JAG that put Data on trial for being an android.

"Wicked Prey" The Hirogen's version of "Wicked Tuna"

"Angry Ferengi" AMC's Mad Men

Its just a fun way to pass the time and gets you thinking of silly combos that sometimes work and others seem silly. I am interested to see what you guys come up with.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
Post edited by jake477 on

Comments

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think my characters would watch a television series about a bunch of people who spend time on the internet and look at cute cat videos and write things on forums.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    I think my characters would watch a television series about a bunch of people who spend time on the internet and look at cute cat videos.

Not talking about IF they watched them but what kind of shows that could have ran on the screen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jake477 wrote: »
    Not talking about IF they watched them but what kind of shows that could have ran on the screen

Snark Trek.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If I remember right, "Enterprises" had movie night on bored. But I would say holodecks took over.
    320x240.jpg
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ferengi game shows.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sander233 wrote: »
    Ferengi game shows.

Heh I can just imagine Ferengi hosting (or playing in) high-risk-high-reward game shows.
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sander233 wrote: »
    Ferengi game shows.

Ferengi paying the Japanese gameshow Endurance... :cool:
  • mthomps016mthomps016 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Cadets. A group of Starfleet Academy cadets of different species make their way through.

Can either be done as a sitcom or a drama.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    Heh, always amusing to watch John Sheridan and Michael Garibaldi still watching TV in the B5 universe.

What would the Trek universe have?

"The Latinum Is Right" - Love the already-mentioned idea of Ferengi game shows, LOL... and, of course, this would be produced by a wholly-owned subsidiary of Quark Enterprises™. :D

CWGNN & Federation News Channel - One network is a joint venture between the Galatic News Network and ChronoWorks and has a liberal viewpoint (and would probably air "A Briefing With Neelix")... the other is the mouthpiece of the Federation News Service and has a right-leaning angle that demands Kathryn Janeway stand trial for crimes against the galaxy. They report, YOU decide. :P

"Galaxy Quest: Outer Space Twelve" - Couldn't resist. :D
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, Star Trek had holodecks so I would think that would be the preferred form of consuming and experiencing fiction.

And so,

Tv would be an informational source, a Federation themed NHK http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/ if you will, full of culture, the arts, travelogue, news, history, languages, instruction, etc.

:)

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    skollulfr wrote: »

if people think TRIBBLE is bad now... the things that could be done with holo-emitters & forcefields.

The embarrassment, when your bridge crew give you funny looks, because you always clear your holodeck history.:P
  • lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Season 505 of Supernatural with a holographic Misha Collins as Castiel.

505 because they would just keep churning out the show even if the fandom has to do it :P
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    The embarrassment, when your bridge crew give you funny looks, because you always clear your holodeck history.:P

Hehe I can see it already or if one walks in on you :eek::eek:

They would have interactive TRIBBLE on holodecks im sure
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas