test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Flashlight: let us keep it.../R&D and create Melee Weapons

voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
Flashlight:
I have a somewhat silly request, but it seems logical.
In a few missions we obtain a flashlight (What Lies Beneath, Star Base Incursion).
Now, the Sar Base Incursion one we are allowed to keep, but for some reason, upon completing What Lies Beneath, this very flashlight is removed, which is illogical, seeing we can keep the other one, as well as the fire extinguisher from Researcher Rescue.

Please make it so that we can keep the flashlight, so that we do not have to pick it up every replay.

Also, the batteries from the flashlight are VERY old, seems, and of poor quality.
Add a battery pack so the flashlight won't flip out every 20 seconds.

Thank you dearly, Cryptic. :)

PS: Maybe add a Lock Box version/C-store version, that has a wide bright light, with an Omega Powercell, that will never diminish.
I'd buy one for sure!!!

Melee Weapons
Please add Melee Weapons to Ground Weapon Research, and please make us able to create these.
An alternative could be either a Salesman on the stations/planets that sells every Melee Weapon Type (blue).
Or, like with Blade of Kahless, let us choose between the various weapons with it's quality (or the blue version, but all types of Melee Weapons), since there are far too few of these.
Since Blade of Kahless is a Kligon only mission, add a similar mission for the Feds.
Now, I am a pure Klingon/Romulan based player, but it seems a bit unfair, that the Feds do not have such a mission, or option to obtain a Melee Weapon, save for the mission Colosseum.

Also, and this might be something for a few amongst you, oh fellow players, a Melee Weapon PvP zone.
Where nothing but pure skill reigns.
I can so see this...

Thoughts?
Remarks?
Do post them, but PLEASE stay polite.

Thank you.
Post edited by voivodje on

Comments

• Options
    seintseintseintseint Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can get blue quality melee weapons from the exchange, low cost.
    About the flashlight...I can't understand why we should need it :P
    The mission when the flashlight is involved, is the only situation that we actually need it, imho.

ps. Sorry my bad english, I'm italian :D
  • Options
    eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Put the flashlight on a bridge officer, grab a second from the crate. The game will only remove the copy from your own inventory, not from that of your bridge officers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    why worry everywhere that requires the use of a flashlight has a crate of them at the start of the map anyway and you cant use them on any other maps anyway so whats the point?

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Let us make flashlights, rebreathers and simple evo suits in the replicator.

The rebreathers have the annoyance that your boffs use them everywhere, unlike the flashlight, which is used sometimes and sometimes not.

The romulans have a missions that uses the rebreathers. You get those in the missions that preludes it. If you want to replay the mission and don't have the rebreathers, you have to play the fore going mission again.

Same with evo suits. If you want to go to Nukura Prime and haven't done Boldly they Rode, where do you get your evo suit?

You can buy one on the exchange, but I find it stupid to have to buy items on the exchange that are mandatory to play. Also, when you do the Nukura reputation, you will receive at some point a purple mk XI or XII suit.

Melee weapons.
    Are those vendors gone? On Q'onos you can buy a white bat'leth. I suppose you can but a lirpa on ESD. My fleet vendor sells very rare lirpa's.

Nice idea for PVP tournaments with hand combat. There should be various categories, martial arts, lirpa, bat'leth etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    fovrel wrote: »
    Let us make flashlights, rebreathers and simple evo suits in the replicator.

The rebreathers have the annoyance that your boffs use them everywhere, unlike the flashlight, which is used sometimes and sometimes not.

you can remove rebreathers and put them in the bank or your own inventory to stop boffs wearing them.

then again as with my previous comment regarding flashlights, all the missions I have been on that require rebreathers have a box of them at the start of the mission so why do players worry about keeping them or loosing them.

• Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    why worry everywhere that requires the use of a flashlight has a crate of them at the start of the map anyway and you cant use them on any other maps anyway so whats the point?

Well, I had mine in the bank, so couldn't use it, tried to take a new one, and got "You can only have one unique item". Mission: Sleepers. True, I technically owned one, but not in my inventory, so I couldn't take another one.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    you can remove rebreathers and put them in the bank or your own inventory to stop boffs wearing them.

then again as with my previous comment regarding flashlights, all the missions I have been on that require rebreathers have a box of them at the start of the mission so why do players worry about keeping them or loosing them.

The only place that you get Rebreathers is as a mission reward from the Romulan mission "The Best Defense," which is the mission before the 2 where you need them. You don't really need them after that, though they can be used, in lieu of EV suits, in the caverns that eventually become the Power Plant/Gateway room (or maybe that was the map before the Power Plant one, it's been over a year since I ran those missions last.) on New Romulus while it's being inhabited by the Tholians during the New Romulus Reputation missions that take you there.

A tip: While you don't need the Rebreathers in the mission, they do come in handy during "The Long Night" so that you can ignore the confusion gas.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I see those things as standard equipment for an away time. I don't mind to have to equip it, but in most cases using it those items can be cumbersome. Fact is, you don't need it all the time, if I don't want my boffs to run arround with their breathers on, I have them put into my inventory or bank.

BTW, I did What lies beneath the other day. I gave the light to my boff. At first he didn't use it, later it was on. I ran the first part without it and I have done the mission without the light, same as the Romulan mission Sleepers. So you can do without, yet it gives a nice touch to the game.

Would be cool to have a tricorder and a tricorder slot too, in my view.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't remember the flashlight being removed from my inventory, I've discarded it a few times though.

But the flashlight is useless anyway, so I never even pick one up anymore.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    if you give the flashlight to a boff you can keep it after the mission it only goes a way if it;s in your device slot or inventory
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    guljarol wrote: »
    Well, I had mine in the bank, so couldn't use it, tried to take a new one, and got "You can only have one unique item". Mission: Sleepers. True, I technically owned one, but not in my inventory, so I couldn't take another one.

that's why you need to get them out of the bank before you need them, or keep them in your inventory.

I just think it looks so rediculus when you see players away crew with rebreathers in places like nimbus 3 and new rom.

• Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd love to be able to keep the flashlight item, but TBH it's idiotic that it even exists.

Really? We're in the 24th century. We're an away team from a paramilitary naval vessel; we can beam people across hundreds of thousands of kilometers, display holographic images anywhere we want to, and pretty much every single technology we have emits lots of light when we use it... but we have to remember to bring a flashlight if we want to see in the dark?

I understand that it's just a clicky gimmick and that they didn't want to have to code in a new ability just for this mission, but really, this stretches SoD to the breaking point.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    geminisierrageminisierra Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    where do you get your evo suit?

a couple of places come to mind... if you're a veteran (?or is it lifetimer?) you can claim as many as you want on your home base (ESD/Klingon academy/rom command center)... you could go to dilithium mine and buy one there... if you've got the nukara reputation started, I believe that store has suit available...

as for flashlight, I just re-ran it the other day while I had a flashlight from somewhere else. It wouldn't let me take another even when I gave it to a BOFF or took it back and dumped it in the bank... that was annoying.. because I wanted all my BOFFs to have one.
  • Options
    geminisierrageminisierra Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    amezuki wrote: »
    I'd love to be able to keep the flashlight item, but TBH it's idiotic that it even exists.

Really? We're in the 24th century. We're an away team from a paramilitary naval vessel; we can beam people across hundreds of thousands of kilometers, display holographic images anywhere we want to, and pretty much every single technology we have emits lots of light when we use it... but we have to remember to bring a flashlight if we want our paramilitary away teams to see in the dark?

I understand that it's just a clicky gimmick and that they didn't want to have to code in a new ability just for this mission, but really, this stretches SoD to the breaking point.

Well, they had them in the tv shows... so we can have 'em right...

but along with what you said, there was an episode of Enterprise, I think, where the team beamed down to a rouge planet (no natural light from a sun) and they had a monocule system that was like a modern night scope... having something like that to put on and make the scene look like something from a night scope would be kind of neat.
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    that's why you need to get them out of the bank before you need them, or keep them in your inventory.

I would, if I knew I'd need it. But tbh I don't even know why it's needed in Sleepers. It's not that dark on that cube. :rolleyes: ;)
  • Options
    voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    About Melee weapons: well, the most common are the Lirpa and Bat'leth, but I'm a swords man.
    Both the Lirpa and the Bat'leth are a bit sluggish, and I prefer fast action.
    Also, if you can actually craft them, you might get other extensions, maybe [Rapid], or [Acc].
    Aside, if one can craft various fire arms, why then no Melee weapons?
    Fire Arms, I guess, are a tad harder to make than a blade.
    Less technology used in blades.

About the flashlight: you can keep the Star Base Incursion one, so why not the one from the Spectre arc?
    It makes no sense that one mission takes the flashlight back, while another doesn't. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    funnily enough I picked up my flash light the first time and have moved it several times from inventory to device slot and back but have never lost it once, same with each character.
    the one I have is acquired permanently from a supply crate in the staging area of “Starbase Incursion”.
    so if you want a pemanant flashlight get it there.

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can also use rebreathers in 'What's Left Behind'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    I don't remember the flashlight being removed from my inventory, I've discarded it a few times though.

But the flashlight is useless anyway, so I never even pick one up anymore.

The flashlight is somewhat nice to have for Blood of the Ancients, a few of the places have low lighting.
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    How about the gun with the built in flashlight? I think it's from a tetryon weapon box from the Hirogen Lockbox. Gives you a light, saves you an equipment slot...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I thought the Solanae EV suit has a built in light as well.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ltminns wrote: »
    I thought the Solanae EV suit has a built in light as well.
    Umm.. most do actually.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg