test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Memorial Day...Sale?

sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
I hope there is something coming for the holiday weekend. A long weekend to spend our hard earned money is something for STO to look forward to... my delta let Andorian Tac can use a Pilot ship.... ;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Because nothing says "solemn rememberance for those who died in our service" like 15% off imaginary starships.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nadiezja wrote: »
    Because nothing says "solemn rememberance for those who died in our service" like 15% off imaginary starships.

Bahahahahaha!
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015

Lol, I agree with your sentiment, I often :confused: whenever I see Mermorial Day sales...

Personally I'd be happy with some kind of minor event, like flags at half-staff around the homeworlds or something, but having a sale would just monetize a holiday which, in my opinion, shouldn't be.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Because nothing says "solemn remembrance for those who died in our service" like 15% off imaginary starships.

Man,someone read my mind!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well sales are always good, although memorial day doesn't mean much to the rest of the world, i mean if we have a sale for your holiday what about everyone elses?
  • Options
    sleel43sleel43 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cypherous wrote: »
    Well sales are always good, although memorial day doesn't mean much to the rest of the world, i mean if we have a sale for your holiday what about everyone elses?

Doesn't mean anything in Canada either. And we're next door. It's Victoria Day weekend up here. Or May Long as it also gets called. Not that I know when Memorial Day is. This week, next? *shrugs*
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015

So 15% off imaginary uniforms? :D

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited May 2015

If you remember the fallen only once a year then you have a problem . As a servicemember I remember my comrades every day I wear my uniform.
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    If you remember the fallen only once a year then you have a problem . As a servicemember I remember my comrades every day I wear my uniform.

Personally I feel that Mermorial day (May 25th) serves as a reminder to us to continue to remember those who gave their lives in service of their country, unfortunately the day itself often serves as 'the first day of summer' for most people and Mermorial Day Weekend is usually plagued with over commercialization and barbecues...

Not that I have any issues with barbecues, I just believe that the day itself should be regarded with a bit more dignity than it currently is.

Also, Thank you sentinel64, and all servicemen/servicewomen for your service and for that of your comrades. *Salutes* :)
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited May 2015

This reminds me of my second wife and I about 30 years ago. was walking through the mall and Frederic's of Hollywood, had a huge sign out. "Fathers day sale." Funny and yet sick at the same time.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sale would be nice but given a very large portion of the playerbase might not even know what memorial day is and just coming off multiple recent sales.. I dont see it happening.. The last ship sale was pretty generous with the free FSMs and 20% off