test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My apologies to Cryptic about LolPearl Swapfest 2015

drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
I understand that we can't USE the Pearl-swapped Specialization point packs until we're level 60.

But there is NO GOOD REASON that we shouldn't be able to BUY them beforehand.

I want to say something to you, "Cryptic Metrics Team", whoever you are, because you are clearly the real bosses of the company now:

These are the choices that you've so lovingly foisted upon us:

1) Get the appropriate toons up to lvl 60 by the time the summer event ends, or -

2) Miss out.

So, take them - take your stupid pearls, they were just wasting space in my inv anyway.

In fact, here - let me delete them, for all the good they'll do me now.

So sorry I can't take part in your Metrics Party - maybe next time.
Post edited by drazursouthclaw on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I understand that we can't USE the Pearl-swapped Specialization point packs until we're level 60.

But there is NO GOOD REASON that we shouldn't be able to BUY them beforehand.

I want to say something to you, "Cryptic Metrics Team", whoever you are, because you are clearly the real bosses of the company now:

These are the choices that you've so lovingly foisted upon us:

1) Get the appropriate toons up to lvl 60 by the time the summer event ends, or -

2) Miss out.

So, take them - take your stupid pearls, they were just wasting space in my inv anyway.

In fact, here - let me delete them, for all the good they'll do me now.

So sorry I can't take part in your Metrics Party - maybe next time.
    you know you can simply wait right? it's not going away in 3 months... it's going to be like the prototype console turn in and stay around.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    you know you can simply wait right? it's not going away in 3 months... it's going to be like the prototype console turn in and stay around.

I can't believe you just totally spoiled this thread by actually READING and UNDERSTANDING the process and then SHARING with those less well endowed.

I wonder if he/she deleted yet.
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thissler wrote: »
    I can't believe you just totally spoiled this thread by actually READING and UNDERSTANDING the process and then SHARING with those less well endowed.

I wonder if he/she deleted yet.

Oh, I hope so.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    I'm having a tough time with this picture:

Player rants about a process he doesn't fully understand -or- has missed a key point that's not properly emphasised, VENTING in rage...

While a small, but dedicated group of forumites circling about his post like scavengers awaiting a feast, all poised to make someone - anyone - feel small and unwanted.

Welcome to the Star Trek Online Endgame: We Eat Our Own®
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Wait a minute.

Was this an apology thread or another gripe against Cryptic?

Seriously, the Pearl turn in store isn't going anywhere, keep your pearls until you hit 60, then get spec points for them, it's not a big deal...

Personally, considering that Cryptic wanted to close the 'exploit' that they admitted to creating, the fact that they're offering ANYTHING for the pearls is generous, they could have just as easily deleted them quietly from people's inventories and introduced the new currency with the 2015 event. They did not do this, and it results in complaining... wierd right?