test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

custom emlems for our uniforms

shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
why not let us upload custom emblems for our uniforms? where the fleet logo usually goes. at this point my fleet logo doesn't work. and i'd love to have my scorpions tail inside a triangle on my sleeve, not the premade cryptic/PWE polygons and such.

just a thought.

peace through power
Post edited by shinnok918 on

Comments

• Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If they were to do this, there would have to be a system in place for them to review and approve/deny every individual patch. This would be a big time sink for whoever was selected to do this. And before someone says they don't have to review them all, imagine what some people would upload for their patches. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    impose a size restriction for upload. anything u have in mind would have to be decent size to show up well. shrink even the nastiest of TRIBBLE down enough and it becomes nothing more than an amalgam of random pixels. most logos (like the one I mentioned) could be shrunk down to near microscopic proportions without loss of quality.
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i want custom emblem for my crew. like enterpise had it on uniforms and when trip went to colombia he had to change it. if we could create from different premade pieces or someting like that it would be great.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    binebane wrote: »
    i want custom emblem for my crew. like enterpise had it on uniforms and when trip went to colombia he had to change it. if we could create from different premade pieces or someting like that it would be great.

since the slot used would be the same slot as fleet emblem, the proposed idea would automatically work for crew as well.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    shinnok918 wrote: »
    impose a size restriction for upload. anything u have in mind would have to be decent size to show up well. shrink even the nastiest of TRIBBLE down enough and it becomes nothing more than an amalgam of random pixels. most logos (like the one I mentioned) could be shrunk down to near microscopic proportions without loss of quality.

Sorry but an icon of male parts would be very easy to still have with this system. I have played one MMO where they had custom decals for the ships, and it was a time intensive process for the mods to keep up on. No matter how you shrink stuff, someone always finds a way to make it work.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Sorry but an icon of male parts would be very easy to still have with this system. I have played one MMO where they had custom decals for the ships, and it was a time intensive process for the mods to keep up on. No matter how you shrink stuff, someone always finds a way to make it work.
    in game of thrones ascent there is a way to crate a banner. if we can get someting like that would be great. you custom upload is stupid.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    shinnok918 wrote: »
    why not let us upload custom emblems for our uniforms? where the fleet logo usually goes. at this point my fleet logo doesn't work. and i'd love to have my scorpions tail inside a triangle on my sleeve, not the premade cryptic/PWE polygons and such.

just a thought.

peace through power
    Kane Lives! Westwood forevah! :D

Would be nice to have custom emblems. But I don't see how Cryptic could get around the copyright issues which would inevitably arise. The sheer number of files required might not be feasible. Yeah, yeah I know it is only 64 x 64 pixels. Each one would still have to be its own unique file though.

BTW, OP? "Got a present for ya!" lol
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    thescottybthescottyb Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If it could be a monetized system the devs might invest in it - like Valve for CS:GO stickers.

Players submit and vote on designs, and periodically the devs approve designs to go to market.

While this means designs that only appeal to you probably won't make it in, it would result in more options, being generated by a larger and more diverse talent base than any one company could hope to employ.

If they could be used in the place of fleet emblems on both uniforms and ships that'd be great, I think.
    Unofficial Skill Planner v0.8 last updated 6 May 2016