test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about NPC's (friend and foe)

voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
I noticed since a while, that there is no balance between the friendly (BOff) NPC's and the enemy ones.
The enemy ones seem reasonably intelligent, where the BOffs seem to be... literally brainless.

Example: Nimbus II, the Syndicate house, Shangdu.
There is this fire trap with a trap door, correct?
Now, my BOffs walk in that pit quite often, on all characters, but no matter what I try: I can't get an enemy lured into that pit.
Where my BOffs are too stupid, the enemy is too clever.

Another example: Throw a grenade towards enemy, they'll try to avoid it.
My BOffs however seem to be blind, and just keep on standing there.
Blood of Ancients as example: often there are red circles that will explode.
Now, I noticed the Romulan security to walk away from it, but my BOffs just don't seem to be bothered.

Also strange: let's take a group of enemy: I send in my team, but for some reason they are being somewhat ignored, and the enemy comes for me.
Now, I tried this on all my characters, but it seems a "global" issue.

Then there's the issue that my Scientist BOffs often forget to heal the team.
They have Nanite iii, Medical Tricorder iii, they are outfitted with a pistol... but they seem to prefer combat over healing.

Not sure what to make of all that...

Anyone else having similar issues?
Post edited by voivodje on

Comments

• Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have most of these issues however I got around the healing issue by giving my science boffs med tricorder 1+3 with electro grav field 2 and tricorder scan 3 because they seem to be very reluctant to use nanite health monitor.

But yes, giving boffs a general common sense pass would be very nice.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Just for kicks I ran a full Sci team, which has MT1, 2 and 3.
    And still I die.

*baffled*
  • Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It may be something simple, like your Away Team being programmed to get behind you when they're not actively in combat; enemy NPC's have no such directive, unless they're trying to flank you or close in for melee.

In the Shangdu fight, I like to hunker down under that tunnel in the middle of the arena. It forces the enemies to choose one of two points of entry, creating choke points where they can be hosed down en masse with grenades, minigun fire, and my Away Team Engineer's quantum mortar fire. Thie also keeps my dudes away from that pit, which is a nice bonus.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, my Scientist is rather weak, logically, it's a doctor.
    I send in my away team ahead of me, into room X.
    Now, oddly, the away team is being ignored, the enemy comes straight for me, and only when I am down they will engage what's left standing.
    Well, that is, my men do not die, but I just have to keep laying there until rezzed.

Which is... strange...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    'Nother fun one, Breen Arc: We see this cryo nade coming in, I dodge for cover, my away team just stares at it... dying instantly, almost.
    I mean, just how DUMB can one be... O_O