test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If Event ships are going account wide... can we get a Lobi refund for the DSD?

staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
So, really good news about event ships becoming account unlocks - including, it seems, past ones:
We will be making every event ship you’ve ever earned and every event ship moving forward total account unlocks. As soon as one character on your account owns a ship, every single other character on your account that exists now or you will ever create will have immediate access to any event ship you’ve earned.

This is fantastic news and very welcome... but there's an obvious (if selfish) question.

For those who purchased the Dyson Science Destroyer in the lobi store, will there be any sort of rebate? I'd stumped up the lobi to get a decent secondary deflector and complete the Solanae sets when that was the only option to do so, so it's slightly narking to find out I've spent 600 lobi on something that's now being unlocked anyway.

Not going to lose any sleep on this one, but it can't hurt to ask...?
Post edited by staq16 on

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why would you? You purchased it with lobi when it wasn't account wide available, you paid for that privilege. Now the ship is released account wide since it is old and they revamp the system, nobody could foresee that - but why should they refund you?

I'm not trying to be mean, I understand where you are coming from - I am still pissed about the fact that they changed the free retrofit at T5 to a veteran reward shortly before I reached that level four years ago :D But asking for a refund is like people rambling about "Cryptic has to refund me all my cash and zen I ever spent because they release a new ship" people.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Like I said, it can't hurt to ask :D. Suffice to say I won't hold my breath.

But yeah, caveat emptor and all that... I've been kicking myself since secondary deflectors properly went live and I crafted an Epic one within a day of the system starting :rolleyes:.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    staq16 wrote: »
    Like I said, it can't hurt to ask :D. Suffice to say I won't hold my breath.

But yeah, caveat emptor and all that... I've been kicking myself since secondary deflectors properly went live and I crafted an Epic one within a day of the system starting :rolleyes:.

Is the lobi variant the exact same or is it an advanced version, like the Obelisk?

If it is the same, who knows, maybe they do offer refunds - but they absolutely don't have to. I mean people didn't get Zen refunds when their ships became a promotional giveaway at one point either.

But the secondary deflector thing hurts, I understand where you are coming from :) I only slotted a basic white secondary deflector on my sci ship and never bothered until an alt of mine got a VR one as a loot drop :D

EDIT: At this point we don't even know if "event ships" INCLUDE the DSD - these are anniversary ships. Maybe event only means summer/winter - the term is a bit wonky.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, I think it is event considering you had to do the new mission +15 times daily mission. This could very well fix the issues with delta recruits not having the kobali cruiser and associated 4-set on newer characters. But I guess we will see soon enough.
    Gameserver not found.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sorry OP, but that's kind of a silly request. It's pretty much like asking for a refund on T5 zen ships now that T6 is the big thing. You bought it when it was worth having, but now it's outdated. Just be glad any characters you have (current and future) will be able to claim one for free.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Is the lobi variant the exact same or is it an advanced version, like the Obelisk?

If it is the same, who knows, maybe they do offer refunds - but they absolutely don't have to. I mean people didn't get Zen refunds when their ships became a promotional giveaway at one point either.

Having something before someone else can be its own value. Think of the prices of DVD or Blu Ray Drives when they were released, and now. Havnig it early means you can use it longer...

Of course, no one will complain about getting a refund. Probably.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    farseeridranelfarseeridranel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As far as I remember there was no Lobi-refund for the jem hadar set upgrades (that had cost lobi before there was the upgrade system), so i don't think they would do that.
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As far as I remember there was no Lobi-refund for the jem hadar set upgrades (that had cost lobi before there was the upgrade system), so i don't think they would do that.

This^ I was one of "those" people who paid Lobi for that armor upgrade (and happy to do it at the time) and then bam! Cryptic allows anyone to upgrade the "free" version. There was a great deal of howling for a Lobi refund on the forums back then, but, nuthin' came of it, and now it's almost forgotten, so don't hold your breath OP.

I WOULD like to see at least the "set" items that are only available on "Event" ships be made available in the Lobi Store and/or Account Unlocks.

Certain Engines, Warp Cores, and Deflectors that make up certain 4 pce sets should be made purchasable, particularly because the other items are still in game, but you can NEVER make a set because the ship it originally came on is no longer available.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png