test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lohlunant Trade in has a PROBLEM

sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
Lohlunant NOT Trade in...

STO, I went to my toon that still has Lohlunant Pearls that will be retired and found that I cannot do anything with them. The only item I can trade for is restricted to level 60 toons (the owning toon is level 51) and the items are Bound to Character. I cannot even move the items to one of my level 60 toons. This trade-in obviously needs a better plan of action. :confused:

Even though this is WAI... I submitted an in-game ticket. :rolleyes:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So in all the time since last summers Risa you have never leveled to 60? Thats your fault not the trade in deal. Whaa whaa...
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Finish leveling, problem solved. The store isn't closing tonight.
  • Options
    englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    what do you mean the only item you can trade them for is spec points?
    there is also the elite reward boxes with crafting mats....
  • Options
    tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This once again shows they only think about the end game players. What if it ws an alt you started last year and just got it lvl-50. With all the new stuff it is pretty hard to level every character. I don't think it is fair either but they don't listen to the players anyway.
  • Options
    sarge4idsarge4id Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They better start listening to the players dropping dough, again. This trade in business is bs. I never got to participate in any of the summer events. This will be my first. I have no pearls and I want those specialization points and emotes. They can look at my purchase history on my account and they know I drop about $1000 - $2000 dollars bi-monthly (not counting lockbox releases and c-ships), on this game since they bought the game from Atari. I'm telling you right now PWE, I will pay this much in a week to get spec points from the store because I want my spec trees finished. I saw you lay off employees...I know you need my money. Here's your chance to make it up to me for not putting the intrepid bridges on the store as a separate purchase. I have no pearls but my wallet is open and waiting...Your move.
    "Being a troll myself, I classify this malcontent as a Type-2 Oblivious Troll. My reasons for coming to this conclusion are: The annoying colored text he deploys, the contradictory threads he creates, the excessive whining and foot stamping, the amusement factor of his threads, and the apparent lack of realization that he is in fact a troll, like me, and is not the heart broken, victimized, player, he sees himself as."
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't understand :confused: There are dozens of items that can be claimed by characters below lvl 60 ...

R&D packs are the most notable, or you can get a small amount of Spec XP for 1 pearl (550 SXP I think?) The only one that I think is locked to lvl 60 is the 1 Whole Spec point.

Maybe try logging out/exiting the game and logging back in? If they are still greyed out for you, then I'd submit a bug report.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    crusader0007crusader0007 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    Lohlunant NOT Trade in...

STO, I went to my toon that still has Lohlunant Pearls that will be retired and found that I cannot do anything with them. The only item I can trade for is restricted to level 60 toons (the owning toon is level 51) and the items are Bound to Character. I cannot even move the items to one of my level 60 toons. This trade-in obviously needs a better plan of action. :confused:

Even though this is WAI... I submitted an in-game ticket. :rolleyes:

Shuhh...before they call you an "exploiter" :D

They should revise that trade in policy and lower to 50 instead of 60. It looks to me as a punishment for those who used alternates to store pearls. Don't blame the playerbase if they are actually smarter than what DEVs created in a rush.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    sarge4id wrote: »
    They better start listening to the players dropping dough, again. This trade in business is bs. I never got to participate in any of the summer events. This will be my first. I have no pearls and I want those specialization points and emotes. They can look at my purchase history on my account and they know I drop about $1000 - $2000 dollars bi-monthly (not counting lockbox releases and c-ships), on this game since they bought the game from Atari. I'm telling you right now PWE, I will pay this much in a week to get spec points from the store because I want my spec trees finished. I saw you lay off employees...I know you need my money. Here's your chance to make it up to me for not putting the intrepid bridges on the store as a separate purchase. I have no pearls but my wallet is open and waiting...Your move.

I do not feel one bit of pity for you. You are just another give me stuff I have money self entitled trolls.
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    I do not feel one bit of pity for you. You are just another give me stuff I have money self entitled trolls.

I pity him. He doesn't seem very smart. He spends $1000s a month on a game and doesn't know the difference between its purchased and free earned items.
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So in all the time since last summers Risa you have never leveled to 60? Thats your fault not the trade in deal. Whaa whaa...

Reading is fundamental... I stated that the pearls are on an alt and not on one of my toons at 60... and they are BoC. You and your other lame brother need to leave your childish rants at the door. (14 pearls can only buy 14 xp spec packs since the next lowest item costs15 pearls.) Another day of the same. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sarge4idsarge4id Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Under a hundred of "us," that I know of, form a circle that manipulates the ingame economy from dil prices, reward and ship packs, to masterkey prices. We work hard and spend billions of ec's trying to mop up anyone that undercut's us in order to keep the economy safe and secure. In order to have those amounts of ec's we have to buy zen and sell keys in stack of 99. Do you have any idea how expensive that can get?

I've been here since open beta. Supported this game since then even when they screwed me over cause I expect better from them and know they are fully capable. I've been called everything from an idiot to a blind fan boi and I don't care. You know why? Because it's people like us that allow STO to go f2p in the hopes that some of the f2p people that leech off our economy will sub to support the game. The more money they get the more they can spend on designing new content for us.

All these ships coming out in such a fast pace isn't coincidence. They have experienced a massive influx of micro-transactions. They now have time to work on corny rewards like the pearl trade in's. Something they normally wouldn't have time to do. If you didn't notice, they skipped first contact day this year cause they were too busy with season 10. Everything is connected here: Money and Content, I'm sorry if you can't see that. Maybe if you owned your own business as well, you could grasp the importance.

As for self entitlement, yeah, I am entitled. I know it sounds smug but it's the truth. I've been here since OB. Bought a LTS and have been neglected for doing so for years now. Suber's have more pull then me, but this game wouldn't have gotten off its feel if a bunch of us didn't preorder LTS or buy them near launch. This game was launched a year earlier then the dev's recommended. A lot of people have spent hundreds and thousands of dollars of their hard earned money in this game and they, including me, are all entitled to be able to purchase these spec points in some other fashion then just people who attended summer events.

"Give me stuff I have money," you called me. You know what disgust me? People posting on these forums under the C-Store/Zen Feedback sub-forum about how they spent $20-$100 and didn't get their zen right away, or they feel cheated and victimized in some fashion or another. Another thing that disgust me is people with your attitude. No doubt you ride this game and it's economy like a surf board, yet how much have you spent on zen? How much have you contributed to the game? Buying zen is like buying stock in a company. The more shares you own, the greater you're voice "should" be as well.

PWE needs people that spend zen on a weekly basis in order to keep their business in the ST Universe going. It isn't just salaries they're paying for. They're paying franchise fees and many other things most people are oblivious too. They need us...F2P people needed us, and probably still do. I do have money and the fact I've supported this game even through terrible times makes a lot of vet's including myself, very, very entitled to some rewards and changes we want.

Beside's I didn't ask for your pity or anyone else because I was talking to someone else, not you. Please refrain from posting unentitled or unearned remarks about my pity status. Spend a couple thousand on the game, then I might listen.
    "Being a troll myself, I classify this malcontent as a Type-2 Oblivious Troll. My reasons for coming to this conclusion are: The annoying colored text he deploys, the contradictory threads he creates, the excessive whining and foot stamping, the amusement factor of his threads, and the apparent lack of realization that he is in fact a troll, like me, and is not the heart broken, victimized, player, he sees himself as."
  • Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I always do my event grinding on an alt that I am otherwise not playing much, because you pretty much are standing still for event grinding. With as many alts as I have, and that grew by three due to the Delta event. I have a lot in the wings.

Having said that, if the old event currency does me any good, better. If it doesn't... it's no loss to the characters that I am really playing.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Under a hundred of "us," that I know of, form a circle that manipulates the ingame economy from dil prices, reward and ship packs, to masterkey prices. We work hard and spend billions of ec's trying to mop up anyone that undercut's us in order to keep the economy safe and secure.

As for self entitlement, yeah, I am entitled. I know it sounds smug but it's the truth.
    "Give me stuff I have money," you called me. Another thing that disgust me is people with your attitude. No doubt you ride this game and it's economy like a surf board, yet how much have you spent on zen? How much have you contributed to the game? Buying zen is like buying stock in a company. The more shares you own, the greater you're voice "should" be as well.

Beside's I didn't ask for your pity or anyone else because I was talking to someone else, not you. Please refrain from posting unentitled or unearned remarks about my pity status. Spend a couple thousand on the game, then I might listen.

Seriously all you have proven once again is that you are a troll and feel you are something special. Sorry cupcake you aren't. I disgust you? Maybe you should look in the mirror troll.
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Under a hundred of "us," that I know of, form a circle that manipulates the ingame economy from dil prices, reward and ship packs, to masterkey prices. We work hard and spend billions of ec's trying to mop up anyone that undercut's us in order to keep the economy safe and secure. In order to have those amounts of ec's we have to buy zen and sell keys in stack of 99. Do you have any idea how expensive that can get?

Whatever you say, Marine Todd.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif