test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To the Crypric managers/Devs/ETC: Rsian Ships, Pearls, ...

voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
Before anything, this post is NOT!!! meant to be insulting, to derive attention from the main post, or anything in that regard.
It is also not meant as a form of troll post, but it is an appeal, and nothing more.

With your decision to remove the Risian stuff, the pearls, and what not, you created a massive storm, the playing community is not grateful for this decision.
This is why I want to ask you, people of Cryptic, to undo this very move, to not go ahead with your plan.
I want to ask you, Cryptic, with all due respect, and in a decent, friendly manner, to reconsider, and to move this plan up to next year.
This will give the people a chance to unload their pearls, buy the ships, the emote, whatever they were working on to get this summer.
I do not believe, it will cripple Cryptic to do so, au contraire, I believe, it will be a good move, not just to yourselves, but to the gaming community of STO as well.

With delaying the plan a year, everyone, I think, will have a win...

Hopefully, I sign:
Voivodje

EDIT:
Maybe it could be merged with the new Summer event?
This might be a beneficial move, I reckon?
Post edited by voivodje on

Comments

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    voivodje wrote: »
    Before anything, this post is NOT!!! meant to be insulting, to derive attention from the main post, or anything in that regard.
    It is also not meant as a form of troll post, but it is an appeal, and nothing more.

With your decision to remove the Risian stuff, the pearls, and what not, you created a massive storm, the playing community is not grateful for this decision.
    This is why I want to ask you, people of Cryptic, to undo this very move, to not go ahead with your plan.
    I want to ask you, Cryptic, with all due respect, and in a decent, friendly manner, to reconsider, and to move this plan up to next year.
    This will give the people a chance to unload their pearls, buy the ships, the emote, whatever they were working on to get this summer.
    I do not believe, it will cripple Cryptic to do so, au contraire, I believe, it will be a good move, not just to yourselves, but to the gaming community of STO as well.

With delaying the plan a year, everyone, I think, will have a win...

Hopefully, I sign:
    Voivodje

EDIT:
    Maybe it could be merged with the new Summer event?
    This might be a beneficial move, I reckon?

They wont even delay a messed up expansion or update even though it may be rife with game breaking bugs , so i highly doubt they will delay something they think will; make them cash.
  • Options
    voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    One can only try and hope, brother.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am fairly certain that whatever T6 ship is added to the new Summer Event will have people lined up to grind for it - just as they did the new T6 Winter Event ship. People are odd that way. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I am fairly certain that whatever T6 ship is added to the new Summer Event will have people lined up to grind for it - just as they did the new T6 Winter Event ship. People are odd that way. :)

My real issue with the whole thing is if the new ship needs the old ships to complete a set bonus. Just like the Samsar. Can't get the WC right now therefore the 4pc set which is decent is out of reach those that didn't or couldn't log in for the anniversary event. I am fine with the currency change, that is the practical way to stroke their beloved metrics. That's what I get for thinking ahead and having enough for this summer event. :(

Most of us know they could have come up with a practical solution that would have served the same intent of what they are doing, but Cryptic/PWE and practical don't go together that well.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Folks, there is a thread open that is already discussing these issues.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1458421

Please direct your feedback there. Thank you!
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.