test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

10 Years since "These are the voyages...."

cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Ten Forward
Mark today, today is the 10th universe of the Ending of STAR TREK ENTERPRISE
10 years without STAR TREK on TV what would the story line be if you were to create a new star trek series?
CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
Post edited by cers001 on

Comments

• Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited May 2015
    Oh, its been mentioned before on these forums, but I've felt that by the end of Voyager, Trek was (probably artificially) making the galaxy seem smaller. STO has certainly created that feeling. So I'd be all in favor of a series getting back to deep exploration, this time to one of the adjacent dwarf galaxies. I believe jonsills has suggested this before as well.

Or, as a variation on a theme, I'd be interested in seeing a deep space exploration that involved a small self-sustaining fleet launched with either generational ships or cryo-sleepers across the expanse back-tracking across the trail of one of the many species known to have entered our galaxy. For example, "By Any Other Name" introduced the Kelvans of the Andromeda Galaxy, who by episode end had adopted our forms and our ways. What if a joint exploratory force, including descendants of the Milky Way Kelvans (now more human-like than Kelvan) were to retrace their path back to the Andromeda Galaxy to learn what has become of the Kelvan Empire? This has the interesting possibility of "arresting" technology development, or at least isolating discoveries to within the fleet itself, slowing development. So, although fleet crew who arrive in Andromeda are roughly at a technological level equivalent to Voyager's end, it is actually 300 years after Voyager.

I'd also do my best to wipe out the future that builds the flying pancake that is Enterprise J. Ridiculous, huge target, and ugly. ;)
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    On the plus side, there are 725 TV episodes in constant syndication somewhere, so you are never really without Trek. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    On the plus side, there are 725 TV episodes in constant syndication somewhere, so you are never really without Trek. :)

Does that include TAS? Just curious.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Does that include TAS? Just curious.
    Yes, it does.

TOS: 79
    TAS: 22
    TNG: 178
    DS9: 176
    VOY: 172
    ENT: 98
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh, its been mentioned before on these forums, but I've felt that by the end of Voyager, Trek was (probably artificially) making the galaxy seem smaller. STO has certainly created that feeling. So I'd be all in favor of a series getting back to deep exploration, this time to one of the adjacent dwarf galaxies. I believe jonsills has suggested this before as well.

Star Trek Magellan! The ship (or task force) will be months/years away from any possible reinforcements or repairs/supplies from the Federation due to the intergalactic distance (even with Slipstream, just crossing the Milky Way was supposed to take a couple of months, and the Magellanic Clouds are nearly 3 times that distance). That means that you have the "good" part of Voyager's scenario (operating on their own in unknown space) without the desperation of trying to get home all of the time.
    I'd also do my best to wipe out the future that builds the flying pancake that is Enterprise J. Ridiculous, huge target, and ugly. ;)

Technically, the destruction of the Sphere network by the Enterprise caused that timeline (with the battle of Procyon V) never to have happened.
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cers001 wrote: »
    Mark today, today is the 10th universe of the Ending of STAR TREK ENTERPRISE
    You're a week too late. Star Trek ended with Terra Prime.
    There is no such thing as TATV....
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Technically, the destruction of the Sphere network by the Enterprise caused that timeline (with the battle of Procyon V) never to have happened.

Huzzah! Bartender! A round of root beer for everyone! (Don't give me that look, Quark.)
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Yes, it does.

TOS: 79
    TAS: 22
    TNG: 178
    DS9: 176
    VOY: 172
    ENT: 98

FYI - the TOS episode count is up to 80 now as they include the restored color print of the originally unaired pilot episode "The Cage" on the TOS DVD/Blu-Ray sets and in the syndication package of the few stations (like ME TV) that still air the syndication reruns.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    You're a week too late. Star Trek ended with Terra Prime.
    There is no such thing as TATV....

Heh. ;)

Although... didn't "Terra Prime" air on the same night as "These Are The Reasons Why Berman & Braga Are Never Allowed To Work On The Franchise Again..."? I thought I remember Enterprise having a two-hour finale *technically*?
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited May 2015

But it doesn't mean that the ENT-J won't exist in that form. It just means that that specific battle doesn't occur.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.