test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

'Level-less' weapons/items and Delta Rising

wozronnwozronn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find anything about it y searching.
Are there any plans for 'level-less' items/weapons to be able to exceed tier XII/lv 50 equivalent?
Any plans to make them upgradeable, for instance?
Almost every toon I have is running a couple of bits of this style of equipment, including a Tac captain flying a Galor. I don't much fancy running level 50 beam weapons (spiral wave disruptors) in level 60 content.
Post edited by wozronn on

Comments

• cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Have you tried to slot it for crafting upgrade? I don't know about the spiral weapons. The quad cannons were automatic leveling, but could be upgraded with cannon tech upgrades from crafting.
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you slot a levelless item into the upgrade system, most will automatically convert to Mk XII. From there it can be upgraded as normal. Some items, such as Plasmonic Leach cannot be upgraded and there for remain levelless.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • wozronnwozronn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That's fantastic advice, I'll try that tonight and follow up to let you know how it goes. Thanks guys!
  • wozronnwozronn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can confirm that Spiral Wave Disruptors, Obelisk warp core and miscellaneous parts of the Borg rep space set also fix at Mk XII when placed in the upgrade system.
    Good to know that if I ever want to upgrade a bunch of stuff to Mk XIV, I can do it (if I want to forgo a week's groceries for dilithium, anyway).
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Spiral disruptors are upgradeable to MK XIV, which means since i am upgrading them and they still get research points, they can go UR or Epic, im just not forking out the dil for that right now :D

Actually when the new upgrade system came out, spiral disruptor was the first thing i upgraded.
  • rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    corelogik wrote: »
    If you slot a levelless item into the upgrade system, most will automatically convert to Mk XII. From there it can be upgraded as normal. Some items, such as Plasmonic Leach cannot be upgraded and there for remain levelless.

Any reason why the leech isn't upgradable ( and most other stuff is ) ,btw ?
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rikwessels wrote: »
    Any reason why the leech isn't upgradable ( and most other stuff is ) ,btw ?

Because the Leech is already Mk ∞ Epic. It has nowhere else to go. Unless they add another level after epic,... and there's only so much power you can leech off of enemy targets before things get totally out of balance.

-2/+2 I think is the current level on mine, will have to double check that once the patch is done, and it fits just about right. Enough power to give me a needed bump and enough of a reduction from my target to cause them issues.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard