test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is Dilithium used for?

berahtberaht Member Posts: 79 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Academy
So back in the day they decided they wanted to cut down on the massive number of different currencies floating around in the game, so they made dilithium. But now, not only does it seem like they've changed their minds and prefer the old bloated method (rep marks for eveything, fleet credits, special borg currencies, ect), but I'm not seeing much uses for dilithium yet. The Dilithium Store has some Andorian MXI weapons, some EV suits, and hangar pets, but that's all. IIRC, it has some uses in the rep-grind, and C-store points, but really what else can I get with dilithium? Why accumulate it? I just thought you would be able to use it to buy cool stuff but I'm really just not seeing that yet.
6e5OTnq.png
Post edited by beraht on

Comments

• Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Rep projects, fleet projects, higher end weapons/gear from Rep and Fleet stores, upgrades.

Ignore the "Store" button under the mini map unless you specifically need something from it or need to reclaim something.

There are multiple uses for Dilithium, and not long from now, you'll be bemoaning that you don't have more of it.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    beraht wrote: »
    So back in the day they decided they wanted to cut down on the massive number of different currencies floating around in the game, so they made dilithium. But now, not only does it seem like they've changed their minds and prefer the old bloated method (rep marks for eveything, fleet credits, special borg currencies, ect), but I'm not seeing much uses for dilithium yet. The Dilithium Store has some Andorian MXI weapons, some EV suits, and hangar pets, but that's all. IIRC, it has some uses in the rep-grind, and C-store points, but really what else can I get with dilithium? Why accumulate it? I just thought you would be able to use it to buy cool stuff but I'm really just not seeing that yet.

R&D uses, fleet gear purchases, fleet projects, doff purchases are just a few you missed.

Damn, ninjad by corelogik
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Honestly, once you get to end game you'll be asking "What isn't dilithium used for?"
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy