test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Normal Setting Fun?

chengirpwechengirpwe Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Why to the designers think the players are having fun when the events destroy then eight or nine times during a single event on normal? Do they really think the players are having fun when this happens?

Is this the new thinking?

Destroy them and they will come?

This game used to be so much better. A thousand times more fair and enjoyable. (and I used to really dislike it when I read people saying this in the forums ... and now you have made me one of them! AAARRRGGGHHH!)
Post edited by chengirpwe on

Comments

• hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What exactly are you talking about? I haven't died on normal in... well... since I started my first toon way back when. So where are you dying on normal?
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, I have to say that this is the first time I've ever heard Normal referred to as being too hard...
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Hmm... well I did Gateway to Gre'thor Normal today and got stomped pretty badly* so I can agree that sometimes 'normal' content can be too difficult...

Personally I think there should be a standard of NPC values (Hull health, shield health, resistances, weapon damage, etc) and just apply a multiplier like x1.25 or something for Advanced and a higher multiplier for Elite.

*There were 4/5 team members, I was on a non-main alt, was my first time trying the mission, and hadn't 'actually' played a mission in weeks...
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2015
    chengirpwe wrote: »
    Why to the designers think the players are having fun when the events destroy then eight or nine times during a single event on normal? Do they really think the players are having fun when this happens?

Is this the new thinking?

Destroy them and they will come?

This game used to be so much better. A thousand times more fair and enjoyable. (and I used to really dislike it when I read people saying this in the forums ... and now you have made me one of them! AAARRRGGGHHH!)

What Normals are you being destroyed in ?
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The new Iconian/Herald queues, in particular the Herald Sphere, are pretty intense even on Normal.

The Heralds have a lot of tricks, for sure. Disables galore. And those Solar gates, I swear every Herald ship can open one. Of course, the answer is the same as the answer for everything else. BFAW! (I wonder if BFAW is the answer to obtaining world peace?)

Anyway, it's a different experience than what we're used to (imo) for a Normal level queue. I was surprised to find it quite challenging even on my veteran level 60 characters. What was not surprising is that my characters that can put out higher DPS had an easier time of it.

Just remember kids, pack your BFAW and your DPS! Have fun!
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The new Iconian/Herald queues, in particular the Herald Sphere, are pretty intense even on Normal.

The Heralds have a lot of tricks, for sure. Disables galore. And those Solar gates, I swear every Herald ship can open one. Of course, the answer is the same as the answer for everything else. BFAW! (I wonder if BFAW is the answer to obtaining world peace?)

Anyway, it's a different experience than what we're used to (imo) for a Normal level queue. I was surprised to find it quite challenging even on my veteran level 60 characters. What was not surprising is that my characters that can put out higher DPS had an easier time of it.

Just remember kids, pack your BFAW and your DPS! Have fun!

The disables and other things from the Heralds are easily dealt with by using engineering team, science team, and hazard emitters. If you aren't running those, yes you'd have difficulty, but if you have those, you'll be fine.
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Personally I think there should be a standard of NPC values (Hull health, shield health, resistances, weapon damage, etc) and just apply a multiplier like x1.25 or something for Advanced and a higher multiplier for Elite.

I don't really agree with the first half of your post, but that aside, there already are standards for NPCs. And as you increase difficulty, their HP and resists and damage output also rise.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)