test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Camera issues since patch

foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
I'm trying to figure this out. Since yesterday's patch, my camera on the ground constantly moves itself behind my character. I can't look at things, can't look at my character just standing still, because as soon as I stop moving the camera with the mouse, it will turn on its own to looking at my back.

I like to set it and forget it, and adjust with the mouse as necessary not have the damn thing move on its own. I tried looking through the release notes and settings but couldn't figure out how to fix this issue.
Post edited by foxrockssocks on

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is your Home key stuck - have some dirt in it or some-such? Home automatically positions the camera behind the character on ground maps. If it is stuck it might be sending a constant re-position command. That is all I can think of off the top of my head.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is indeed a setting in the camera controls. You want "free camera", rather than "chase camera". I think that the game keeps separate track of this setting for ground vs. space, so you can use 'free' in one and 'chase' in the other, but I won't swear to that.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can't imagine the home key is stuck, that would cause problems elsewhere too.

Also I'm sure it was set to free camera while playing with the settings yesterday to try and figure out why it was doing this.

I will doublecheck those things but I don't believe those are the problems. With no one else reporting the issue I guess it isn't a widespread problem though.
  • Options
    demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can't imagine the home key is stuck, that would cause problems elsewhere too.

Also I'm sure it was set to free camera while playing with the settings yesterday to try and figure out why it was doing this.

I will doublecheck those things but I don't believe those are the problems. With no one else reporting the issue I guess it isn't a widespread problem though.

Are you using Aim mode, the free camera does currently tend to auto position if using Aim.
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ive had some weird camera problems in sector space.. My ship shakes around a little and on full zoom depending on my current camera rotation it disappears entirely or flickers