test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No More..

hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
I know this may not seem like a big deal but to me it really is. I have been spoiled over the years by instant gratification. I don't cook cause I can pick up the phone and have a pizza and bear in front on me in less than 20 minutes. I have even stopped going out to pay my water, cable/internet, electric bills. I just use online banking and boom its all taken care of. I don't grind for dil casue its easier just to go to paypal. Well my fellow STO players. NO MORE.

I desperately want the New Pilot ships but, I am not using real world cash to get them. I am going to do it the old way. By the sweet of my brow. I have 5 characters that I play. I figure if I grind out 40k dil a day it will only take me 72 days to get the Pilot bundle. Thats going by todays exchange of 240 dil per 1 zen. Sounds extreme buy I'm gonna do it. Please wish me luck.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wish you loads of luck my friend.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    On the bright side, the odds of there being another sale in 72 days is good, so you will probably have some Zen left over. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    good for you, thats the way i've been doing it recently. i have 15 toons 120k dil daily 4000 zen weekly .

^ Devs nothing to see here, WAI incoming nerfs not required or wanted. So keep walking
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hyefather wrote: »
    I can pick up the phone and have a pizza and bear in front on me in less than 20 minutes.
    That is some delivery service.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I figure if I grind out 40k dil a day it will only take me 72 days to get the Pilot bundle. Thats going by todays exchange of 240 dil per 1 zen. Sounds extreme buy I'm gonna do it. Please wish me luck.

I wish you luck . :)

... I wish you luck that in those 72 days , Cryptic won't serve you with yet another desirable ship bundle that'll make you bang your head against something and reach for the CC . Or in reverse , for you to not experience the purchase of the Pilot bundle , only to have the next "Iconic ships" bundle to get announced the next day ...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    svindal777 wrote: »
    That is some delivery service.
    Maybe it's a teddy? He didn't say what kind.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • leceterleceter Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I desperately want the New Pilot ships but, I am not using real world cash to get them. I am going to do it the old way. By the sweet of my brow. I have 5 characters that I play. I figure if I grind out 40k dil a day it will only take me 72 days to get the Pilot bundle. Thats going by todays exchange of 240 dil per 1 zen. Sounds extreme buy I'm gonna do it. Please wish me luck.

72 Days?
    LoL, it's not this game, that is doomed. Its players are.

Said that 6 read the pilot sjip blog entry, i'll now going back to play a real F2P Game (DotA) and spend the next 72 days with some exciting activities with your grind in mind.

Read you on the next new shiny pay to play stuff.
  • lerch2000lerch2000 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I know this may not seem like a big deal but to me it really is. I have been spoiled over the years by instant gratification. I don't cook cause I can pick up the phone and have a pizza and bear in front on me in less than 20 minutes. I have even stopped going out to pay my water, cable/internet, electric bills. I just use online banking and boom its all taken care of. I don't grind for dil casue its easier just to go to paypal. Well my fellow STO players. NO MORE.

I do wish you the best, but I'm not sure I would call that the old way.
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I've been doing this for years. Got myself plenty of good stuff.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • borgified007borgified007 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can you help a brotha out and post your dil collection strategies. How exactly do you make that much dil on each alt. I'm sure it's not all from turning in contraband? What is your dil earning strategy?

Oh I predict the dilex will go up for now as more ppl unload their dil for the ships. So in 72 days who knows what the dil exchange rate will be but might be higher.
    edited May 2015
    lerch2000 wrote: »
    I do wish you the best, but I'm not sure I would call that the old way.
    Yeah. The old way was, give them $15.00 a month just for the right to login. Then give them $20.00 for each T5 ship you wanted - unless you wanted the Galaxy X, which cost $25.00. Then you would just play for 72 days and get... nothing. And the playing consisted of doing the same STFs over and over and over hoping you would get the final drop you needed to complete the set. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just don't forget to have fun.
    edited May 2015
    Can you help a brotha out and post your dil collection strategies. How exactly do you make that much dil on each alt. I'm sure it's not all from turning in contraband? What is your dil earning strategy?

Oh I predict the dilex will go up for now as more ppl unload their dil for the ships. So in 72 days who knows what the dil exchange rate will be but might be higher.
    Dino hunting can make you 8,000 in less then an hour. A KDF and a KDF-Rom Contrabanding, 3 Feds Dino Hunting, and all 5 doing 20-40 Doff Missions per day - reset your Doff Mission in the morning and evening. That could give you around 40k in 3-4 hours per day.
  • sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Yeah. The old way was, give them $15.00 a month just for the right to login.

You see the $15.00 as right to login. I see it as paying for the privilege of playing a game where I don't have to grind my eyes out every 3 months.
    Then give them $20.00 for each T5 ship you wanted - unless you wanted the Galaxy X, which cost $25.00.

Better a small number of ships at $20 than a great number of ships at $30.
    Then you would just play for 72 days and get... nothing. And the playing consisted of doing the same STFs over and over and over hoping you would get the final drop you needed to complete the set. :)

Unless you PvP'ed. Then you had a reasonably balanced game with a lot of variety.

Yeah, I liked STO a lot better in those days.

To the OP: good luck on the grind. For myself, I play games to enjoy myself and have fun so I would never do what you are attempting.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah. The old way was, give them $15.00 a month just for the right to login. Then give them $20.00 for each T5 ship you wanted - unless you wanted the Galaxy X, which cost $25.00. Then you would just play for 72 days and get... nothing. And the playing consisted of doing the same STFs over and over and over hoping you would get the final drop you needed to complete the set. :)

Oh wise Cosmic be merciful with the common folk for they have forgotten the old ways....take pity on them as they do not understand how STo was in the darker years we have put behind us...may they be enlightened by the path you have set before them; much grind and sacrifice awaits them but the journey will be a worthy one and the rewards will be glorious.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    edited May 2015
    Fair enough. :)
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sysil84 wrote: »
    You see the $15.00 as right to login. I see it as paying for the privilege of playing a game where I don't have to grind my eyes out every 3 months.

Better a small number of ships at $20 than a great number of ships at $30.

Unless you PvP'ed. Then you had a reasonably balanced game with a lot of variety.

Yeah, I liked STO a lot better in those days.

To the OP: good luck on the grind. For myself, I play games to enjoy myself and have fun so I would never do what you are attempting.

Well, you don't have to grind now a days if you don't want and, with the $15 sub fee of the old days + $20 for a ship, than during that 1 month of buying the ship, you would have paid $35 and, continue to pay $15 every month unless you buy a LTS.

So, people can look at this as having paid $35 for the ship, while getting to play 1 month for free, as apposed to today paying $25-$30 for a ship and, always getting to play for free with the choice of sub or LTS!!!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Good luck, OP. Here's a tip though, unless you can play the market well enough, wait until well after the end of the Delta Recruit event to cash any of that dilithium in. Zen will get a lot cheaper.
  • caylenrcaylenr Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2015

The old way?

Like, before STO had a Zen Store?

edited May 2015
    caylenr wrote: »
    The old way?

Like, before STO had a Zen Store?

STO Launched with a Zen Store - it was called a C-Store then and you used Cryptic Points to buy items. Back then 400 Cryptic Points cost $5.00.

The game has never existed without a Store.
  • hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you haven't yet I'd suggest levelling up each of the reps for each alt. You get a nice chunk of dilithium for each one and with sponsorship tokens it doesn't take long.