test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Advanced Firing Solutions on a DBB build, worth it?

senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Well with todays patch I took a bit of a setback with the fix of the Ancient Omni-Directional Antiproton Turrets, which resulted in one of them being unslotted from my Qib Intel Battlecruiser

I now have 4x DBB's with Regular and Ancient AP omni beams and a cutting beam in the rear, leaving the 4th slot empty.

So the big question is now what to fill the 4th aft weapons slot with.
Is it worth slotting a single turret for the Advanced Firing Solutions trait? Or are there better alternatives that could augment my forward firepower?
Post edited by senatorvreenak on

Comments

• Options
    heresincebetaheresincebeta Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So you were explicitly exploiting a bug in the game to slot 2 of a 1-per-ship item (ancient array)... having trouble finding empathy for your situation.
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So you were explicitly exploiting a bug in the game to slot 2 of a 1-per-ship item (ancient array)... having trouble finding empathy for your situation.

I smell jealousy in here, not righteousness. :cool:
    I need a beer.

• Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I couldn't give a damn about empathy. I'm looking for build advice, not asshats. :rolleyes:
    I smell jealousy in here, not righteousness. :cool:

So true.
    Hell, I wasn't even using 2x Ancient Omni beams until the devs implied that doing it was ok, but thats a discussion for another thread.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Qib is nimble enough that you don't really need it while running beams. That said, even a single turret will offer a substantial increase to your turn rate. I love the way my Qib handles once the AFS and the Solanae Engine Procs get rolling - the engine trails are pretty sexy with the Intel Hull Material too.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For some odd reason, I've been picturing an AP Turret with [Thrust] and AFS...and picturing how it makes the boat move better...heh - magic.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    While the turret would aid in forward dps, I myself prefer an extra single BA, as it generates better side & rear dps compared to the turret in those situations but, that's just me.

After all, you are bound to turn and/or deal with enemies from the sides and, the rear!!!

But, if you feel it would aid a particular skill/trait out better, than go with the turret.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!