Install Arc
Options

Smoke Me A Kipper. I'll Be Back For Breakfast

f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Ten Forward
Smegging hell, I can't wait.

Red Dwarf renewed for two seasons!

http://reddwarf.co.uk/news/2015/05/02/red-dwarf-returns-twice/

It's been a long wait, we know. Ever since Series X of Red Dwarf aired on Dave, fans have been clamouring for more - and we've been as desperate to bring you news of the commission of a new series as you've been to hear it.

Well, that day has finally arrived - and it's a better one than you might ever have anticipated. Because this afternoon, at the Dimension Jump XVIII convention, series co-creator Doug Naylor has announced that Series XI and XII of Red Dwarf will be broadcast by Dave in 2016 and 2017!
My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fan-Smegging-Tastic :cool:
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    im a bit more skeptical about it, the series upto season 8 was fine, but from season 8 onwards it appears to of gone rallycrossing rather then on a race track. thats when ed bye left the show as one of its writers. will have to see what becomes of it, but im not that hopeful if its more of the same and just like dr who, it should of been left buried when it had its time.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    im a bit more skeptical about it, the series upto season 8 was fine, but from season 8 onwards it appears to of gone rallycrossing rather then on a race track. thats when ed bye left the show as one of its writers. will have to see what becomes of it, but im not that hopeful if its more of the same and just like dr who, it should of been left buried when it had its time.

There is a lot of truth to what you say here mirrorchaos. I have to admit, the switching back and forth of actors and actresses was kind of a put off also in later episodes. That being said, the season ten (when they make it to earth and meet themselves) was a love it or hate it type of short season.

If I am in a surreal type mood, I love it, other wise, it is just ok.

Still, I am really pumped about it. I've got a huge group of friends from here in Oklahoma to CA who I got interested in this show, and love it as much as Stargate, Trek, or Who now.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.