test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Very dissapointed in the community...

voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
So, the Devs told us to replay old stories.
As per their command, I've been playing them, on variant characters.

However... a week further, and only 90% done?

Am I the only one with a handful players actually doing as told?

Sad.
VERY sad.

I hope the very few of us that actually bothered, will receive something.
Post edited by voivodje on

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I’m guilty as charged!
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    up the XP and i'll ignore the wife.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    voivodje wrote: »

...."doing as told"? :confused:

Yeah, sure. They said "do this thing that apparently very few people enjoy doing". And, surprise, people didn't do it. Them's the breaks. /shrug
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So, the Devs told us to replay old stories.

I didn't get the memo .

... must have gotten lost in the lag ... , or was possibly nerfed 90% . You can never tell with these things ...
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yes, let me replay the missions I just slogged through (once again) as a Delta Recruit.
    As per their command

"Command"? Since when do you have to do anything that "command"? We're their customers, not the other way around.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    praxi5 wrote: »
    Yes, let me replay the missions I just slogged through (once again) as a Delta Recruit.

But with no rewards & much less XP this time.

(seriously, when this event popped up, I went back through and looked at all the episode missions. The only ones that had something I might have been interested in were a couple of the Jemhadar arc - since they put multiple pieces of the space set in one mission - and the time travel mission with the TOS phaser banks. But I've played those missions enough times already, across ~7 alts, I just couldn't bear to do it again. Let alone enough times to get a full set of blue phasers.)
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Sad.
    VERY sad.

I hope the very few of us that actually bothered, will receive something.

Well what did you expect? Most players just completed all those episodes or a large part of it when levelling their Delta Recruit.

I'm not going to play the same episodes I've already played while levelling a dozen characters and completed on my DR three weeks ago AGAIN.

I may be insane at times when it comes to the time I spend in this game , but even insanity has its limits I guess.
  • Options
    thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You are supposed to do in a game what you want, not told what to do. If the progress bar isn't moving it means that replaying missions is not considered fun for many players.
    Gameserver not found.
  • Options
    robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I do things that are efficient, fun and rewarding. Sorry, but I can't touch this!:)
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I didn't replay a single mission. The rewards for doing so weren't enticing enough for me to slog through that especially when I just played those missions on my Delta alt. I didn't think it was fun, so I didn't do it.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Cryptic: The Episodes, replay them!

Player: Offer more purple rocks and XP, and we'll talk!

Cryptic: Give me what I want, and I'll consider it!

Player: You fool, look around you! The game's destroying itself!

Cryptic: Yes...Exhilarating, isn't it?

Player: ...If we don't help each other, we'll DIE here!

Cryptic: Perfect! Then that's the way it shall be!

*Cryptic shakes player*

Cryptic: GIVE ME METRICS!!!

:P
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No, not very sad and blame me, because I did replay a couple of missions, but I also wanted to play with my old characters. You may call me an althaholic since I have about 18 characters and I play with each of them from time to time. There are no mules, no bank characters, just characters to play with. That's why I want to have them, so I can play with another one, not to have to play with the same one all the time.

Call me weird but in real life I have similar issues. So after leveling 5 recruits to 50, I found it time to meet my old chaps again. Also, the bonus EC and dilithium, I don't care. You have enough or you don't, but I never heard of a gameplayer that went broke because he didn't have enough game money.
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I agree with the others in this thread. This week's goal makes little sense -- I've played through all these missions on my other characters many times, and I have little desire to play through them more than once with my Delta Recruits.

If Cryptic had given us a Featured Series Rerun event, and unlocked the limited-time rewards, that would have been a different story...

I've gladly participated in all the other goals up to this point, but this one does nothing for me.
  • Options
    carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I know most didn't bother. Too much of an ask and time grind (and it really was), even more so when they've already done it weeks ago when they first started as a Delta Recruit.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    On the contrary, I'm very disappointed in the Devs with this one.

The Delta Recruit thing has been a lot of fun with regard to events. With that said, mission replays was a poor choice on their part.

Reduced rewards and utterly pitiful XP should be easy to understand why this isn't as popular as other weekly events were.

That is what it boilds down to. If they had activated Featured Episode Replay with Lobi rewards and some of those special mission rewards, then they could have probably gotten a lot of people to replay at least the missions with those special rewards, since their Delta Recruit definitely won't have them yet.

But they did not. Maybe they couldn't get in time, maybe they didn't think of it in time.

I'd say this is as a lesson learned for the dev team and the next event of this type. (And they suggested that Delta Recruit so far has been very succesful.)

But let's not forget that there are inherent problems with mission replay:
    • Reduced Rewards make them unattractive in general. It would be better to add a cooldown or something like that if they worry about exploits, than reduce the payouts. Reduced payouts means it's never really worse replaying something if you can do something new.
    • For Delta Recruitment specifically- we just played those missions. Doing it again when the mission is fresh in your mind? The missions offer very little variety in general, it's not like they have different outcomes or anything.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm hopeful that maybe this week will show the Devs why mission replay isn't very popular, and maybe they will come out and adjust the replay rewards so that it is actually worthwhile.

Of course they could also misuse their metrics again (unpossible!) and come to the wrong conclusion that missions aren't popular and then make less missions going forward.
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If the devs want to motivate players to do something in the game (replay old missions, grind R&D, play specific PVE missions, etc.) the solution is simple:

REWARDS, REWARDS, REWARDS.

If the players don't see worthwhile rewards for doing something then we aren't going to do something.

The reason only a handful of PVE queues are popular is because those are the ones with the best combination of REWARDS mixed with ease and least time required to complete.

The reason only a handful of episode missions get replayed is because there aren't enough REWARDS for replaying those old missions.

There is no point in yelling at the players for not doing something with limited in-game rewards.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    considering until now most of the goals hit t3 without much problem this is probably a really solid indication that most players don't like replaying missions....(insert obligatory "metrics" comment i'm sure someone out there is dying to make)....
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am surprised they even made it to 90%. I think people can live with a T2 goal in this one.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My second DR just started the Cardie arc. Iiiiiiiii'm going to be busy for a while, sorry if we don't make tier 2.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why would I replay missions I just did? When they don't offer anything interesting at high level.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    greyhame3 wrote: »
    Why would I replay missions I just did? When they don't offer anything interesting at high level.
    The obvious answer is to gain the Tier benefit for the week. Obviously many people did not feel the Tier reward would equal the effort of the Replay.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sorry, guilty too..
    (except for 2 daily kobali prime missions i needed to activate open missions)

i would have replayed missions with featured episode replays acticated (even without lobi). but for 20% xp and a subpar reward? no, thanks.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    greyhame3 wrote: »
    Indeed, i'm tired of replaying the same episodes i just did for the Nth time after 3y of STO. That's why i ignored the event this time. Simply i can't do that, so sorry :P And i think a lot of ppl thought the same.
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The obvious answer is to gain the Tier benefit for the week. Obviously many people did not feel the Tier reward would equal the effort of the Replay.
    Naah it's not this, everyone want a bonus on dil reward, even if it's just 1% :D, the problem are the requirements to do so... too tired of replaying the same mission another time i guess.
  • Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Because only Delta recruits can contribute, that means that any contributing mission that you replay is guaranteed to be one that you just played very recently--almost certainly with the same character, even.

So let's see. I can replay missions for reduced rewards, and unlock a week of bonus dil ore that I already make faster than I can refine. Meanwhile my Delta recruit--who has not finished all of the episodes--cannot progress with their Delta unlocks.

Or I can doff on my main, play missions that I haven't done yet on my recruit for better rewards AND further unlocks for my main, focus on activities that earn EC so that I can actually take advantage of this week's bonus, and get back to grinding rep on my main.

Frankly I'm amazed that we might hit T1 at all.

Lobi for ep replays would've motivated me powerfully.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just finished the mission's on my delta...why would I go through them yet again. It's a stupid event and frankly I'm surprised it's this close to even getting to tier one rewards.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Who cares what the devs want? They dont care about the community, so they can as well just go straight to hell.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    nandospc wrote: »
    Naah it's not this, everyone want a bonus on dil reward, even if it's just 1% :D, the problem are the requirements to do so... too tired of replaying the same mission another time i guess.
    So in other words you did not feel the effort was worth the reward? :D
This discussion has been closed.