test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier 5 Ship Station Upgrades?

auckaaucka Member Posts: 38 Arc User
This is an entirely selfish suggestion, so feel free to flame away, and I'm sure it's been suggested before. But I suppose it never hurts to nag.

There are lots of great new ships coming out with hybrid seating for Command, Intel, and now Pilot specializations. I own many of them (the Guardian, the Battlecruiser bundle, the Iconic ships bundle, the Pathfinder, the Scryer, etc).

But my favorite ship by far is my Fleet Excelsior. The combination of size, speed, maneuverability, firepower, and survivability is what I really like.

I'm curious if there's been any consideration for adding upgrades to the C-Store, maybe strictly for Universal stations, to add a specialization to them? We can add specialization to our BOFFs -- necessary in a lot of cases to take advantage of the hybrid seating that already exists -- and the concept is still that same. But instead of upgrading a BOFF to use a seat, we're upgrading a seat to be fully utilized by our specialized BOFFs.

Is this something that could or has been considered? Or are there balance considerations with the existing T5Us? I think something like this could add a lot of customization potential and replay value to the old ships.

Thoughts?
Post edited by aucka on

Comments

• grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Listen I just want my Tier 6 Fleet Science Odyssey Refit. I keep throwing money at my screen but it won't take it!

Damn it Geko do I have to start a KickStarter for it?!
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Devs already stated they're planning to gradually re-release T6 versions of most existing ships at some point if they have a Specialization they want to match to it.

They just need more Specializations and Originals between iconic re-releases.

DR Pack - Originals
    Pathfinder - Re-Release

Command Cruisers - Original
    Galaxy/Negh/DD - Re-Release

Pilot ships - Original
    ???Defiant/BoP/T'Varo??? OR ???Defiant/Raptor/T'Varo AND Aquarius/BoP/Rom BoP??? - Re-Release

So you'll just have to wait and see. Given that one of the Devs seems to have a major affection for the Excelsior, it'll likely get a T6 version at some point.

If not, the nearest analogue will be the Command ships, which has a similar hull design and considered by some a spiritual successor.
  • auckaaucka Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Devs already stated they're planning to gradually re-release T6 versions of most existing ships at some point if they have a Specialization they want to match to it.

They just need more Specializations and Originals between iconic re-releases.

DR Pack - Originals
    Pathfinder - Re-Release

Command Cruisers - Original
    Galaxy/Negh/DD - Re-Release

Pilot ships - Original
    ???Defiant/BoP/T'Varo??? OR ???Defiant/Raptor/T'Varo AND Aquarius/BoP/Rom BoP??? - Re-Release

So you'll just have to wait and see. Given that one of the Devs seems to have a major affection for the Excelsior, it'll likely get a T6 version at some point.

If not, the nearest analogue will be the Command ships, which has a similar hull design and considered by some a spiritual successor.

Yeah, my second go-to ship is the Tactical Command Battlecruiser. It's actually a better ship, all things considered, for pure damage output, and has similar handling. I think I just prefer the size and iconic look of the Excelsior. Of course, a Constitution or even a JJ-Prise would be even MORE iconic, but I'm not getting into that battle :P

But yeah... I fly both the TCBC and the Fleet Andromeda with saucer sep. They're both great ships. I guess I'm just really old school design-wise.