test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yeoman Janice Rand Passed Away

captainjk740captainjk740 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
Grace Lee Whitney who played Yeoman Janice Rand on TOS, an episode of Voyager, and in many of TOS movies passed away. She died 05/01/2015 of natural causes at the age of 85. :( I wanted to take this time to express my condolences to Ms. Whitney's family and friends.
Post edited by captainjk740 on

Comments

• captainjk740captainjk740 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2015
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That's a shame. I liked her character. She had some problems in life, but at least had a long one.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    oh damn thats a bummer :(
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • liontriadliontriad Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I hope they add her to the nimoy memorials to join the rest of her crew that moved on :(.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Another icon moving on, past the final frontier :(
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • devilment666devilment666 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Grace Lee Whitney who played Yeoman Janice Rand on TOS, an episode of Voyager, and in many of TOS movies passed away. She died 05/01/2015 of natural causes at the age of 85. :( I wanted to take this time to express my condolences to Ms. Whitney's family and friends.

She died in January and we're only now hearing about it?

For the humour-impaired, yes I know US date format.
  • minababeminababe Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    She died in January and we're only now hearing about it?

She died Friday, May 1st. 05/01/15= May 1st, 2015. :rolleyes:

My condolences to her family. :(
    My Foundry Mission--Name: Falling Star | Mission ID: HQIH36HAW | Faction: FED