test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should traits/specializations be more freely changed?

sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
First, I want to be clear that I don't think the current set-up is bad, per se. I started playing back when traits were permanent selections, so the flexibility added to the game since is great. That said, would it hurt things at all if we were allowed to change traits and/or specializations more freely than just in 'social' zones, say, whenever we'd be allowed to change BOff powers or kit modules? It would open a little more flexibility for slotting situational traits, but more valuable in my book, would mean being able to swap in Pilot/Commando after having forgotten to do so (yeah, sorry, I'm that guy in your PUG STFs). It would also mean being able to make fuller use of our specializations during story missions, which almost always have space and ground components. Is there some drawback I'm missing, or a good reason not to bother implementing this?
Post edited by sirmayday on

Comments

• Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I'd like more scope to change my traits ect. other than in social zones, obviously in combat isn't practical, but there have been a few times I've run ground content with space orientated traits and Specializations active, and not been able to change them is a pain in the butt at times.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,520 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For traits, the fix is to separate space and ground so you don't forget to change them, and for new missions with mixed space & ground you don't have to guess which traits you'll want more.

Cryptic will probably get to that eventually....
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sqwished wrote: »
    I'd like more scope to change my traits ect. other than in social zones, obviously in combat isn't practical, but there have been a few times I've run ground content with space orientated traits and Specializations active, and not been able to change them is a pain in the butt at times.

Beam out, said mission saves your progress now, change your traits/specializations, click continue, and be on your way. Quick, easy, a little time consuming, but none the less gets the job done.

Battlzones I can understand, even though it technically is a "public" area.
    Mm5NeXy.gif