test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Regarding the "new" Cutting the Cord cutscene

psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
The Iaidon Dreadnought has been replaced by a Quas Cruiser, which makes sense given how small the gateway is. But the Leahval is still using the old Scimitar model, and not the updated one released during LoR.
NJ9oXSO.png
"Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
-Thomas Marrone
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Does Cryptic like to change for the sake of changing? Just as my governement does. Is that old cutscene back. One of the ugliests things I ever saw. While being towed, the Leahval is twisting and turning as autumn leaves do in the wind. The towing thing is also so 24th century. Guess what, we have starships, go boldly where no man has gone before and can tow each other.

The Leahval is also not fighting. Sela is talking, but nobody is using that lance. Obisek still gets crippled. How? I don't get a scratch in that fight.

Still, one of the better missions in my view and I like to play it. The final space fight could be challenging with a squishy ship, but that is gone as it seems. Now we only have the towing part.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    fovrel wrote: »
    Does Cryptic like to change for the sake of changing? Just as my governement does. Is that old cutscene back. One of the ugliests things I ever saw. While being towed, the Leahval is twisting and turning as autumn leaves do in the wind. The towing thing is also so 24th century. Guess what, we have starships, go boldly where no man has gone before and can tow each other.

The Leahval is also not fighting. Sela is talking, but nobody is using that lance. Obisek still gets crippled. How? I don't get a scratch in that fight.

Still, one of the better missions in my view and I like to play it. The final space fight could be challenging with a squishy ship, but that is gone as it seems. Now we only have the towing part.

I agree that it is kind of cheesy. I would rather see the old cut scene where the ship is "grappled" rather than this tractor beam TRIBBLE. It is easy to break a tractor lock. It is much harder to remove a physical attachment.
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Actually before the Leavhal was carried off by the Obex, an actual Iconian ship, not a Herald ship. And it was still tractored, but the tractor was obviously something different cuz like the gassy stuff on the Obex's behind, it was purple.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the other change is that you now have Iconian probes swarming you while you fight Sela. Hehe.... how you have your virus protection up to date. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Actually before the Leavhal was carried off by the Obex, an actual Iconian ship, not a Herald ship. And it was still tractored, but the tractor was obviously something different cuz like the gassy stuff on the Obex's behind, it was purple.

The Obex has been retconned out of the game. The Herald ships are the Iconian ships.
    the other change is that you now have Iconian probes swarming you while you fight Sela. Hehe.... how you have your virus protection up to date. :D

The probes have been in the mission since it launched.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Obex has been retconned out of the game. The Herald ships are the Iconian ships.

In that mission? uh... don't remember that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I don't agree with this entirely, since I am pretty sure the Iconians do have their own ships, just the Herald's are their army and main representatives. But I won't argue this minor point.

Not entirely true. They only made an appearance starting back in Season 7.
    In that mission? uh... don't remember that.

Read above.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not entirely true. They only made an appearance starting back in Season 7.

I played that mission in Season 4, just before F2P. The probes were there.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • crappyturbocrappyturbo Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I remember the probes being there the first play through but then, I think, they disappeared for a couple of runs (but I am not really sure).