test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

day of honor gone with the wind?

icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Klingon Discussion
so whats the deal ? is the day of honor just a thing of the past? or did i miss it somehow this year?
Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It wasn't up to current standards, they couldn't balance the rewards, and Fed players on their KDF alts were getting lost...

(it was another thing that they've skipped recently - since S9.5 or so and with Delta Rising - several things like this just haven't happened or if they did they weren't announced - meh)
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its jsut getting to the point where the devs have seemed to completely forget the trek part of the game in anything other than name.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    icsairguns wrote: »
    its jsut getting to the point where the devs have seemed to completely forget the trek part of the game in anything other than name.

I agree with both your comment and your signature. The Devs claim to be fans of the show and that this game was created by fans for fans. Sadly, many of the missions (both dedicated Storyline, sector patrol, and exploration cluster) that made this game actually feel like trek have been removed.

Like you, I am only playing this game BECAUSE it is trek. I have not played any other MMORPG, nor plan on doing so. As much as I am a fan of RPGs, MMORPGs are not really worth my time when I can play an older RPG that does NOT require an internet connection. Heck, I could read any number of novels instead of playing this game. My point is that I am invested in this game at the expense of every other activities because it is my first love, Star Trek.

I recognize that some of the older content can't compete with the newer material. I understand that they can only update as time and resources permit. Shame on the Devs for taking away ANY content. Add, don't take away or remove material.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    davidwford wrote: »
    I agree with both your comment and your signature. The Devs claim to be fans of the show and that this game was created by fans for fans. Sadly, many of the missions (both dedicated Storyline, sector patrol, and exploration cluster) that made this game actually feel like trek have been removed.

Like you, I am only playing this game BECAUSE it is trek. I have not played any other MMORPG, nor plan on doing so. As much as I am a fan of RPGs, MMORPGs are not really worth my time when I can play an older RPG that does NOT require an internet connection. Heck, I could read any number of novels instead of playing this game. My point is that I am invested in this game at the expense of every other activities because it is my first love, Star Trek.

I recognize that some of the older content can't compete with the newer material. I understand that they can only update as time and resources permit. Shame on the Devs for taking away ANY content. Add, don't take away or remove material.

Same here, only reason I play this is because it's Trek I wouldn't bother otherwise.

Only other mmo I'd ever consider is a Mass Effect one if they ever made it.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was waiting for the Day of Honour but it never happened. Not that I needed the same bat'leth again, my mains have it tucked away in their banks. But it's nice to re-visit the Brotas'qu bridge. Would have been awesome for the DR's to get the reward as well.
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Same here, only reason I play this is because it's Trek I wouldn't bother otherwise.

Only other mmo I'd ever consider is a Mass Effect one if they ever made it.

Mass Effect or Babylon 5 for me. :D
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Any claims that the people working on STO don't care about Trek and don't know about seems to ignore very important facts.

Pretty much every race we find in Star Trek Online other than the mostly player-created aliens comes from canon material. The whole business with the Iconians basically comes from 1 or 2 episodes that even mentioned them. People that don't care about Trek would have no clue about their existence or bother with them.

They added the most obscure Star Trek ships from canon, often even as playable ships, be it in the C-Store or as lockbox.

Just stop trying to claim that the game isn't Trek or the devs aren't true Trek fans enough. It's a meaningless claim that gets you nowhere.

You need to describe what you actually want. Maybe Cryptic fails to deliver that, and then you can complain about that or express your disappointment.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was waiting for the Day of Honour but it never happened. Not that I needed the same bat'leth again, my mains have it tucked away in their banks. But it's nice to re-visit the Brotas'qu bridge. Would have been awesome for the DR's to get the reward as well.

Mass Effect or Babylon 5 for me. :D
    I loved talking to the Orion and Gorn members of the Bortasq crew about what honor means to them. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I agree, the content that was removed could be tweaked a bit and still left in, or use the players have them use the foundry tools to create new worlds and exploration missions and plug em in. Best way to outsource manpower and get content for free.

The sad part is there was more exploration content in Star Wars Galaxies you could have a non combat profession like crafter, tailor, or be a entertainer heck you could even be a ship builder. and you could explore the whole game as a neutral party if you wanted to.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]