test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Treasure Trading Station in Argelius - New Crossfaction Area

gbw2318gbw2318 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
Considering the new revamp to Sector Space, and the fact that KDF and KDF-aligned Romulan characters are restricted to bases on the lower end of the Beta Quadrant - Qo'nos, Ganalda and Drozana - and New Romulus doesn't open to KDF captains until level 50, why not turn what the storyline already establishes as a neutral trading post into another area along the lines of Drozana? With a Bank, Exchange, Mail, Tailor and other amenities. Perhaps it could also be a place where Klingon Intelligence has an agent placed, much like the Romulan Republic has Tal'Mera on Drozana.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gbw2318 wrote: »
    Considering the new revamp to Sector Space, and the fact that KDF and KDF-aligned Romulan characters are restricted to bases on the lower end of the Beta Quadrant - Qo'nos, Ganalda and Drozana - and New Romulus doesn't open to KDF captains until level 50, why not turn what the storyline already establishes as a neutral trading post into another area along the lines of Drozana? With a Bank, Exchange, Mail, Tailor and other amenities. Perhaps it could also be a place where Klingon Intelligence has an agent placed, much like the Romulan Republic has Tal'Mera on Drozana.

I always thought this was strange myself after running the Treasure Trading Station mission.

Why isn't this a place people can visit without having to run the mission?

As you say above, this would make an excellent small 'neutral' station for any faction to visit and conduct business (banking, exchange, etc). Of course the same could be said of all the other space stations around the galaxy locked away behind the mission curtain too. :)
  • Options
    isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We do need a good non fed station in the romulan area. I'd rather a Republic planet or starbase however, just to distinguish it from places such as dronza. The base could also take over the role of 39 to the Republic and give the kdf a similar base for that featured series.

I think cryptic need a new identikit set up to rapidly redesign K7 and 39 at the same time as they really need a face lift but clearly done need ESD level work on along with that base from the first episode of the romulan series where you pick up Khan from.
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A little off topic, but I really enjoyed the "Treasure of Argelius" Foundry mission you wrote for this area. Getting to revisit the station was cool and exploring the city on Argelius was awesome!

But back on topic, yeah, the space station there should be open to the public.

Thanks! I tried to fill in the gaps I wanted to see filled (like being able to visit the planet) by writing that Foundry mission. I know the Devs were hard pressed for time when the game launched and couldn't flesh out all the material they wanted to. :)

But as I said above, Treasure Trading Station was the first experience I had with another space station besides ESD. I was disappointed to find it was locked away behind a mission wall after the mission was over. I really support the OP in getting this, and all other, stations opened up as places to visit in 'normal' space. :cool:
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I agree that it should be another social zone. And the mission "Treasure Trading Station" should occur in two parts; the inspection which occurs in the social zone much like with "Spin the Wheel", while the second part in the cargo bay should be on a separate map, much like the lower levels of Drozana in "What Lies Beneath"
  • Options
    avengerkid1993avengerkid1993 Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gbw2318 wrote: »

Or maybe something like Nimbus III, but with space quests instead of the ground ones.
    And (yes, again xD) it would be nice to see very good rewards (crafting boxes, tech/research boost, dil etc)