test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Instance Population Drop?

allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
Am I insane or have the population of instances dropped? DS9 for example, before the sector revamp was 50, after it was 40, now it's 30. What the hell is going on? Are we on our way to 5? If this is supposed to be a social interaction, you're being very narrow with who you are letting us run in to.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They keep dropping it because their servers are having an increasingly difficult time supporting that many people in one instance.

Hell space stf instances cannot handle 5 people in combat anymore!

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    guilli88 wrote: »
    They keep dropping it because their servers are having an increasingly difficult time supporting that many people in one instance.

Hell space stf instances cannot handle 5 people in combat anymore!

Wow, that's sad and pathetic at the same time.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why DS9? Its on the other side of the galaxy away from where all the content is (unless you're leveling.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why DS9? Its on the other side of the galaxy away from where all the content is (unless you're leveling.)
    Yeah, that is the big issue now. Everything 50+ is in the Dyson Sphere or Delta. There is just no reason to be in the Beta Quadrant once you get past the Cardassian missions now.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes because DS9 is a very accurate representation of the player population isn't it? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Wow, that's sad and pathetic at the same time.

Its also not true. STF populations are still extant though of course with three new PVE's and a new rep they're not going to be at their peak.

Here's your guys' ultimate problem: you expect everything to stay the same. DS9 and the borg STF's drop, so therefore EVERYTHING is dropping. Well that's a big stretch, you first need to establish that those items are valid indicators. And quite frankly they aren't, the population can shift interests resulting in swings this way or that from individual PVE's and zones to other PVE's and zones.

That should be your default hypothesis.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    zobovorzobovor Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Yeah, that is the big issue now. Everything 50+ is in the Dyson Sphere or Delta. There is just no reason to be in the Beta Quadrant once you get past the Cardassian missions now.

Well it's still a good Doffing ground ... , or it used to be before we had to look for all the Doff missions @ different Department heads . :(
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Perfect for leveling chars via doffing, turning in contraband and farming rare commodities without moving an inch.

Edit: And of course far less lag than on ESD
  • Options
    crowley875crowley875 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wonder if these instances will ever be upscaled to normal values again or if this is just the permanent solution.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zobovor wrote: »
    Well it's still a good Doffing ground ... , or it used to be before we had to look for all the Doff missions @ different Department heads . :(
    Sure. But there are 2 new Missions, 3 new STFs, and an entire new Iconian Rep that just came out. Most players are busy in other areas of the game right now doing those things.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    dylantrinidydylantrinidy Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes because DS9 is a very accurate representation of the player population isn't it? :rolleyes:

what are you talking about? the OP isn't talking about player population but rather the instance limit READ!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Perfect for leveling chars via doffing, turning in contraband and farming rare commodities without moving an inch.

There's also fewer exploration sectors, fewer opportunities to find maurading assignments (there's two distinct sets, specific anti-fed and general, in the beta quadrant), no reputation-linked patrols, and no direct access to the dyson sphere or delta quadrant (which I've found for leveling are the best locations).

The commodities and officer exchanges are notable benefits but they do remove you from other opportunities and from all but one social hub (and its the least conveniently designed.) Its very understandable if fewer people are going there now that just about all new content is on the other side of the galaxy (some still do, myself included, but you can't expect it to remain as popular as it was before.)
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hadn't been in that area in many months. Specially after I got my Romulan through those missions. So I mostly hang around the Delta area leveling up or in the Dyson area.

I have no reason to be in those areas. Don't need to redo the missions for gear. Doff I fill those up where I'm at and give me nice exp. And my characters are on story parts that don't require for me to be in that area.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There's also fewer exploration sectors, fewer opportunities to find maurading assignments (there's two distinct sets, specific anti-fed and general, in the beta quadrant), no reputation-linked patrols, and no direct access to the dyson sphere or delta quadrant (which I've found for leveling are the best locations).

The commodities and officer exchanges are notable benefits but they do remove you from other opportunities and from all but one social hub (and its the least conveniently designed.) Its very understandable if fewer people are going there now that just about all new content is on the other side of the galaxy (some still do, myself included, but you can't expect it to remain as popular as it was before.)

Thats why I said without moving an inch (and very little time). My fed chars are standing there. My KDFs are busy marauding between NR and Qonos.

But the OP is talking about the population limit. Not the population itself.
  • Options
    ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There's also fewer exploration sectors, fewer opportunities to find maurading assignments)

I have no problems setting up 15-18 different maurading missions a day, and yes i set my doffs once a day because I have a lot of characters and it is just eaiser to set them all before i leave for work. Just fly around a little more you will find plenty.