test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Advanced VS. Elite Obelisk Swarmers

quiiliitiilaquiiliitiila Member Posts: 309 Arc User
I've been reading a lot about how after the hangar pet nerf, most launchable craft are really not as effective as they used to be. Somewhere around here I read that there isn't much difference anymore between advanced and elite versions of most hangar craft. Is this true? Does it depend on the craft?

I've been planning on grinding for the elite obelisk swarmers, but I see all they get is beam overload 3. Is it worth it? Is there a noticeable difference aside from vanity?

Also, can anyone actually tell me what the difference between the Swarmer's weapons are? The tooltip lists "advanced antiproton defense array" and "focused antiproton array". Actually, the tooltip lists the advanced antiproton defense array twice, not sure why.

Thanks if anyone has any info!
-Q
Post edited by quiiliitiila on

Comments

• immudzenimmudzen Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mostly it depends on the craft.

For example the Sarr Theln frigate pets at elite get the breen energy dissipator. The lower rarity versions don't have it.

Look at the pets you are interested in and see if they get any new abilities at elite. If all they get is higher tier of the same abilities then it probably does not matter very much but if they gain more weapons or new abilities then it can matter a LOT.
  • quiiliitiilaquiiliitiila Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    immudzen wrote: »
    Mostly it depends on the craft.

For example the Sarr Theln frigate pets at elite get the breen energy dissipator. The lower rarity versions don't have it.

Look at the pets you are interested in and see if they get any new abilities at elite. If all they get is higher tier of the same abilities then it probably does not matter very much but if they gain more weapons or new abilities then it can matter a LOT.

I figured it depended on the craft, I was specifically looking at the Obelisk Swarmers to keep my Advanced Obelisk looking uniform and spiffy. ;)

Does anyone know the difference between the two arrays the Swarmers have?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    IIRC elite swarmers use Beam Overload 3, and lower ranks use lesser versions.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg