Install Arc
Options

monitization abuse

2»

Comments

• Options
    cromarty1cromarty1 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can outfit all 3 factions with a set of T6 ships by buying the Delta Pack. No "$1,000s of monies" needed. If you only want to play Fed tac captain (no alt-itis for you) you could just buy one $30 ship.

Or get a ship through events for free. The Breen carrier is a great ship, and I'm learning to like the Kobali cruiser as I play it now. Then you need * 0 * cash monies!

OP, since you ill be rage quitting soon: can I haz ur stuffs?

thousands of monies = lots of stuffs!!!!!

if I was just quiting but im not im seeking justice and ive been seeking justice since by borg cutting beam got broken because I put it in the upgrade window I didn't even tutch it and cryptics only answer is no refund not even glitches that break and erase stuff you grind and or pay for hell getting what you can pay for all mixed in with whats grindable is just part of a sleezy trick to confuse you from figuring out what thay are doing people are getting tired of this dirty bisness and its at a point I don't care if sto gets shut down to end it
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    You should learn to write a little better, use punctuations and not write something that is basically a wall of text. You should also write a bit more clearly as well because most of what you have written comes off like gibberish.

If you don't like STO anymore then stop playing and play some other games since you have stated you've seen better games with new engines.

The exchange rate for refined dilithium to Zen is basically dictated by supply and demand. I am assuming the exchange rate has spiked up because of the increased in demand for Zen. If I am selling Zen that I purchased and I am seeing a lot of people who wants my Zen, then I am going to charge more for the Zen I want to sell because I can. If you are not willing to give me 230 dilithium per Zen, then based on the current demand, some other player will. When the demand for Zen falls, then so will the exchange rate.

I do but I also check on sto to see if something happens to management because im not even alone thare are peole who don't care if sto gets shut down to stop the sneaky sleezy deceptive robing of paying customers by a lot of games getting managed much the same way thay don't care what games are worse than sto or better doing it is doing it and it needs to end says the llc I spoke to
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cromarty1 wrote: »
    well when I started playing sto it started free to play with some nice monetization that was harmless vary little to drop real cash to have an artificial boost. it was ok nothing to spend much more than what a pay to play game cost for a year. what you get was clear buy ship you want to fly now or if you want to gamble you can gamble by keys. it was great epic even compaired to the 3 games before with terrible trust in monetization witch for those games was just a big word for pay to win. I liked that with sto thare was little powercreeping for real cash really only time saved at about 20 hours saved for 10 bucks. not bad at all for a monthy payent of 20 bucks that a pay to play would cost and buying keys was really the only way to take a risk witch was a nice idea. never seen a game with a good choice to play it safe its only a game or gamble im old enuff too I can handle burning a $10 for nothing. a grind that was progressive making me feel like I was doing something with my time in game despite having caps on currency grinding that's mostly to stop the feeling of doing something with more time in game.
    this lasted about 3 months its like new years 2014 the company that owned the game made a pact to ruin exzactly what was different about sto that I liked and as of april 2015 all the stuff I explained above is gone now. blowing $1000s and $1000s for nothing is possible now. nothing to buy without risk with real cash. had a play it safe gone! game as a whole is now like over 80% all about the powercreep nothing else matters not even a game that is canon to its own theme now. so please tell me whats good that's left and talk about what you like in a monetizing game and stuff as its looking like the fact game developers can easily abuse the idea of monetization is what makes monetization bad. I talked to gamer elites not just theme seekers and a pole made in march put the numbers in over 4 out of 5 monetized games of the last year have become repetitively abusive in terms of making the game pay to win nothing paid with real cash without risk, a grind you can get old and still get nothing dune for free and basicly sleezy things.
    so please talk what do you like about free to play is it fair that free to play is not really fun till spending what a pay to play cost over 2 or three years all at once let me know.

1) I enjoy myself in this game in general so yes, I find F2P 'fun.'

2) I went LTS when it was first offered in the 2009 closed STO beta - so I spent $340 on this game off the bat. Over the 2 years it was sub-based I probably spent another $300 out of pocket - so in total, I've spent approximately $650.00

3) Since the game went F2P in January 2012; I HAVEN'T HAD TO SPEND A REAL WORLD CENT. That said, I have all the Fed C-Store T5 AND T6 ships; all the Romulan C-Store T5 and T6 ships; and all the KDF T5 Ships I wanted and all the KDF T6 ships as well as various Fleet versions of the above <--- Again, all without spending a real world dime of my own (So, actually - during the subscription days, even with my LTS, I was spending money past the $5.00 stipend because there was no in game way to earn then Cryptic Points in the game.)

Now, how have I managed to keep acquiring C-Store T5 and T6 ships (as well as various Lockbox Universal Consoles without EVER opening a Cryptic Lockbox? - I delete them if I happen to get one in my inventory...

By doing stuff that nets Dilithium and converting said Dilithium to Zen on the Exchange (although to be fair, I do still get the monthly 500 Zen stipend too - but there's no way I could amass what I've added to my account via just said stipend.) I also find it easy to get enough EC to by the various Lockbox Universal Consoles and Traits that those who do open Lockboxes put on the EC Exchange. I've purchased all the 'Fleet Ship Modules' for the Fleet Ships I have off the EC Exchange as well.

I bought the 'Delta Rising' 100% with Dilithium converted to Zen. Did someone actually pay for that Zen with real cash (or via an LTS or subscription stipend) -- Yes. BUT, the point is, I didn't. I got it 'Free' from my perspective just by playing STO. I bought the most recent T6
    ship packs all via Dill converted to Zen + my stipend as well.

My main character has also completed all Crafting to Level 15; and has all my ship weapons and gear at Mark XiV Purple (well, one Weapon actually made MkXIV Gold.) <--- Again all done by just playing and NOT spending a real world cent of my own. I could (and one day might) get everything to MkXIV Gold on said main, but honestly, that to me doesn't seem worth it atm. It really isn't all that much more 'power' compared to the costs of getting everything there; and I'd get more 'bang for my in-game buck' getting some Alts I also play to MkXIV.

So, what's my point? If you're patient, and don't feel the need to get EVERY new 'shiney' item/ship the day it's released (including watching the Dil market trends and buying low/selling high); you can get C-Store and other gear - and remain both competitive and able to 'play with the big DPSers and carry your weight in STFs just by playing STO and not spending a cent of your own money.

YES, SOMEONE spent real cash on that Zen that I used the in game Dil Exchange (it's a well known accepted statistic that 10% of an F2P playerbase spends most of the real case that makes an F2P game profitable and allows the other 90% to do hat they do) to convert from Dilithium; but the fact is, I didn't.

So, no, if you're not overly compulsive about "Getting it NAO!" and resist impulse buys, you can play for 'free' fine. I didn't wait months for the 'new stuff' either - I bought the DR bundle about a week or so after DR released (I'd know I'd wanted to, so I just played the Dil market over the time leading up to and after release and had the Zen to get it a week after DR launch, and pulled the trigger.

To the 'Whales' and those who 'need/want it NAO!' I honestly say thank you, because if you didn't spend the real money at some point, I would be able to play for free and enjoy STO in the manner I do - but again, I just want to say, it IS possible to play for 'free' and still get stuff from the C-Store and EC Exchange. You don't NEED to spend thousands of dollars (But again, if you have the cash and get enjoyment from the game by being the first to get something, or whatever drives you to spend cash to get in game items, more power to you. Everyone's different, and in the end if you do get enjoyment from it, that's all that matters.

IF you spend wads of cash on STO, but AREN'T getting any enjoyment from the game, it's either time to quit/take a break; or honestly seek some professional help. In the end, this is all just entertainment.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    The game may have have had C-Store ships for a long time, but you did not need C-Store ships to complete end game content. Currently only free event ships can reasonably perform end game content. No ship rewarded for promotion rank can "reasonably" do an Elite STF without even more expensive gimick gear on it.

As for PVP most people have given up. Because there is no way to be competitive without hundreds of dollars of extras like All Hands On Deck, Leech, XIV Epics, etc.

this is the historicle fact when a movement starts that is determined to close a loop hole that allows criminal acts to go on in a specific manner thay don't end till the loophole is gone now I never thought id see a doctor hauled off to prison for performing an abortion with no way to show life saving need to do it and be charged with murder one but I saw it hit the news this was something that didn't reach a llc backed level of movement for decades and decades but once it did it was just years before an abortion without a good reason is firt degree murder

so I fear for the themed games that get managed like scummy sleezy crooks but must say im a victim of a real crime its just a game its simply not important to outway a real crime so to hell with it I don't care
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cromarty1 wrote: »
    this is the historicle fact when a movement starts that is determined to close a loop hole that allows criminal acts to go on in a specific manner thay don't end till the loophole is gone now I never thought id see a doctor hauled off to prison for performing an abortion with no way to show life saving need to do it and be charged with murder one but I saw it hit the news this was something that didn't reach a llc backed level of movement for decades and decades but once it did it was just years before an abortion without a good reason is firt degree murder

so I fear for the themed games that get managed like scummy sleezy crooks but must say im a victim of a real crime its just a game its simply not important to outway a real crime so to hell with it I don't care
    Really?

We're making the jump in conversation from lock boxes to abortion laws? Really?
    The hammer swings and this thread is done.

Because honestly, this is insane.
This discussion has been closed.