test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The New, the Bold, the Iconian War

prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Okay, first off, to the dev team, GREAT JOB! The new S10 Episode launching us into the war with the Iconans FEELS like war. Chaos, explosions, death… really well done. I don’t even mind the fact we’re uniting with races/cultures that we previously warred with as this makes sense. The GALAXY is under siege, not just a quadrant. None from the Beta, Gamma or Delta Quads can say “this is your fight”.

New sector space map? Awesome! It makes much more sense to avoid those wait screens from sector to sector and the mini battles scattered throughout? Again, awesome. These are some great changes and, for me at least, have breathed new life into the game.

A few glitches I am sure the Devs have already been alerted to. In the cut scenes/intros there were characters missing (the main Klingon was invisible. I had NO idea who was talking) and several poor officers, myself included, were knee-deep through the floor. Some of the load screens made little sense. When beaming aboard Paris’ ship for the first time I was on the bridge, then went to the loading image, then was on MY ship, had to get close and beam aboard Paris’ ship just so I could be on the bridge where I started.

I don’t know if it’s my graphics setting (on HIGH for the most part) but when there is a craaap load of ships firing everything got choppy. I’ll lower my settings before I replay the mission and see if that helps.

All in all, great job! Kudos. And as for the new PvEs, fun! Just…. A little advice to those attempting the space PvEs… this isn’t just a fly-n-smash operation. You’re going to need teamwork to get the optionals. A few well places GWIIIs really wouldn’t hurt either. CC is a must!

Edit: Oh, and whoever designed the "vintage" war posters? Extreme kudos! I'd actually frame a few of those.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You will forever be missed and never forgotten.