test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

genrel game play

zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
ok as far as I understand it. you down load the game. voice overs, maps, effects. so on and its all on your hard drive. and the only thing the internet connection dose is make sure the cyptic knows what your toon is doing in real time.

so my problem/question is - if my maps are missing things, mostly stairs and ramps. I can still use them it just looks like im running in thin air. is this a connection problem or a problem with my graphics card ? :confused:

I got what was a top of the line alienware computer about a year ago. at whitch point I couldn't even play the game at a 100% because apparently my computer was to powerful and out classed the game graphics. then STO got an upgrade and it worked alright. but lately im getting more jumpy piture and missing imagers. (stairs) (walls) and (floors)

would this mean I would need to delete and then reinstall. I hope not.:(

PS - im posting here because I find I get a lot of help from this forum page. thx for any help. ;)
I cant brain I have the dumb
Post edited by zzzspina01 on

Comments

• Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zzzspina01 wrote: »
    ok as far as I understand it. you down load the game. voice overs, maps, effects. so on and its all on your hard drive. and the only thing the internet connection dose is make sure the cyptic knows what your toon is doing in real time.

so my problem/question is - if my maps are missing things, mostly stairs and ramps. I can still use them it just looks like im running in thin air. is this a connection problem or a problem with my graphics card ? :confused:

I got what was a top of the line alienware computer about a year ago. at whitch point I couldn't even play the game at a 100% because apparently my computer was to powerful and out classed the game graphics. then STO got an upgrade and it worked alright. but lately im getting more jumpy piture and missing imagers. (stairs) (walls) and (floors)

would this mean I would need to delete and then reinstall. I hope not.:(

PS - im posting here because I find I get a lot of help from this forum page. thx for any help. ;)

Thats your GPU not rendering textures correctly, while im about 60% sure you should check your drivers and do a repair on the game just to be safe and check again it is likely that the games engine isnt rendering files when they're being downloaded (new objects etc) loss of data packets things like that so some detail may end up getting corrupted.

Do you get visual errors even if you reset the instance or is it inconsistent?
  • Options
    zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just seem to be missing imagery. mostly flooring and once my toon wasn't there. and very often I want see my ground weapons fire. I can seem my away teams and the others but not mine.

what is a repair ?

every time I log in I just get a patch befor I can engage.

and also im not to good with computers.

turn on play game

about all I know. LOL
    I cant brain I have the dumb