test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Star System: Rura Penthe

misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Klingon Discussion
Hello everyone, is it just me or is Rura Penthe...gone from the Sector Map?

p.s. the Kar'Fi looks weird now that it's 90% transparent.
Post edited by misterde3 on

Comments

• misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Okay, turns out Rura Penthe is in the Beta Penthe System. I can live with that.
    Would be nice if they adjusted the description in the "Man Hunt" mission accordingly.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,102 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Okay, turns out Rura Penthe is in the Beta Penthe System. I can live with that.
    Would be nice if they adjusted the description in the "Man Hunt" mission accordingly.

File a Bug report - The Environment team said with 300+ systems to touch they may have missed something in updating mission location descriptions, among other things.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I had problems finding the Nimbus system which I go to every time I play to get dilithium.

It is now located in the Hobus Sector which is in the top left corner of the Beta Quadrant.
    edited April 2015
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Yeah, I had problems finding the Nimbus system which I go to every time I play to get dilithium.

It is now located in the Hobus Sector which is in the top left corner of the Beta Quadrant.

Well I just logged it to check: Nimbus s still there and listed on the map under its familiar name, just in a different location.
    That's not the same thing as what I reported here. Rura Penthe is not in a different location but inside another star system. So it doesn't show up on a map search, only Beta Penthe does.:)
    edited April 2015
    File a Bug report - The Environment team said with 300+ systems to touch they may have missed something in updating mission location descriptions, among other things.

Placed a post in the apropriate Sector Space Revamp topic.:)
    edited April 2015
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Its not a mistake, Rura Penthe is the name of the planet as Beta Penthe is the name of the system and have been since ST:VI as it was shown on the Operation:Retrieve briefing, meaning that it always been that way.

UMMM, where did I claim this was a mistake?:confused:
    As far as the map is concerned, the name of the star system was not even legible

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/3/33/Operation_Retrieve%2C_page_2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20061209042448&path-prefix=en

I don't mind them changing stuff. However they could at least put it in the patch notes or the mission description. Because, to be frank, this is too obscure even for me. And I design Klingon tricorders on paper as a hobby.;)
    You can't seriously expect players to check Mem Alpha to find a planet.
    Please be honest, did you know about this just from watching the movie or by freeze-framing the map in the movie or by reading about it on Mem Alpha?:)
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    misterde3 wrote: »
    UMMM, where did I claim this was a mistake?:confused:
    As far as the map is concerned, the name of the star system was not even legible

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/images/3/33/Operation_Retrieve%2C_page_2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20061209042448&path-prefix=en

I don't mind them changing stuff. However they could at least put it in the patch notes or the mission description. Because, to be frank, this is too obscure even for me. And I design Klingon tricorders on paper as a hobby.;)
    You can't seriously expect players to check Mem Alpha to find a planet.
    Please be honest, did you know about this just from watching the movie or by freeze-framing the map in the movie or by reading about it on Mem Alpha?:)

I agree that they should fix the description in the mission log, and maybe annotate on the sector map both the Beta Penthe System as well as Rura Penthe the planetoid.
  • apacheone5565apacheone5565 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    :mad:Welcome to a whole new bunch of issues.As with this update access to bank accounts have been lost. I am getting tired of the constant problems with this game and I think its time all of us stop being used ast he beta testers.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you mean account banks? I can use mine just fine.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited April 2015
    I dont want to fight over this but when you said ...

By saying "another star system" I read as you implying Rura Penthe is a star system.

That's not really what I meant, I agree I probably should have worded it better. What I meant is that on the old map it was just "Rura Penthe" on the Sector Space Map. Either as a Star System or only as the asteroid itself. I think it didn't have the label "system" attached to its name. What I mean by "system" was that because it was an entry in the "System list" I treated it as a system for simplicity's sake.
    Now it's been moved into a(nother) star system: the Beta Penthe System without telling anyone.
    Memory Alpha entry does say the system name is Beta Penthe and would not done so without a reference, of course you cannot see it very well in that screenshoot but its clearly legible on the prop.

http://www.startrekreference.com/2014/06/tos-movie-props-operation-retrieve-chart/
    http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/293/retrieve.jpg

Those are better pictures of the props used.

I guess that means your answer is 'no' then. You didn't know from just watching the movie either.;)
    [BTW, those images are awesome, thanks]
    And that's the thing: it's okay, IMHO, for Cryptic to reference background stuff like this. But when they begin to make knowing it a requirement the story is bit different.
    Imagine the frustration a new player who doesn't know Trek that much would feel.
    This is the same situation as Earth/Sol ... Earth is a planet of the Sol system.

Yes and...no. One of these can be considered common knowledge. Sol is the name of our sun after all:) Also for the most part only Fed players are required to know its location to get back there. And that's where they start their missions from so there's bit of a hint there where they'll need to go.
    I checked ingame and Beta Penthe have Rura Penthe as one of the planets of the system , using the Travel button does put the player somewhat within the planet interaction zone, the current issue I do have is the player is stopped right outside the interaction zone but that is with all missions, I do give that it should be mentioned that Rura Penthe is located in the Beta Penthe system.

Yep it's in the correct location. And once I knew where the travel button took me the similar name was a bit of a hint.;) However the player still needs to know he has to go there...or use the travel button. And to be honest I avoid that one because ever since it was introduced I found it utterly unreliable and annoying. I prefer the system search available via the 'M' button. For some strange reason I has always given me more accurate result. The travel button usually placed me halfway between my destination and the nearest star system.
    Strange I know. So right now the travel button or Mem Alpha are the only ways to find out.
    That was pretty much my grievance here.
    Anyway thanks for sticking with the topic I think we could clear up our misunderstandings here.
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you mean account banks? I can use mine just fine.
    I have 7 account bank slots that are unusable. Granted I have over a hundred that I can use just fine, but it's the principle of the thing.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    stofsk wrote: »
    I have 7 account bank slots that are unusable. Granted I have over a hundred that I can use just fine, but it's the principle of the thing.

They're unusable because they contain items that weren't properly updated through this: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=22859951#post22859951 Devs are aware and working on a fix (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=23493911&postcount=48 - There was also a post by someone clearly stating the items that are now 'missing' will not be lost, but as it was sort of an addendum to the post, don't quite see how to find it now). This issue extends to mail, account and fleet banks.

When it comes to Rura Penthe and Beta Penthe desriptions, I'm afraid there must be plenty missions currently referencing wrong locations of star systems or wrong names of star systems. Finding them all is probably a task far too big for devs to tackle, so I'd advise to post bug reports clearly stating what missions are wrongly referencing what locations (star systems, planets in said star systems).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!