test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Flight Bug Thread

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Having issues with Delta Flight?

You've come to the right place to post! This is the official post for posting any issues in regards to the Delta Flight Feature Episode.

In order to help our teams find and resolve issues faster with the Feature Episode, this thread is made for reporting any issues with the new episode. When posting about any issues you may be having, try to follow this format where applicable in order to keep information organized and readily available for the developers.

=/\=

What faction were you playing as? Were you playing as Federation, KDF, or Romulan (if so, how aligned).

What happened with the issue? Did you find yourself stuck at a certain point in the episode, or was something missing that should have been there? Let us know about the issue you were facing.

At what point did the issue occur Where were you in the Episode that you encountered the issue? Are there any ways you could potentially reproduce this issue?

Were you able to resolve the issue? Were there any specific ways that you found you were able to resolve or bypass the issue in any temporary work-around?

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And this is why I miss tribble testing. Holodeck should not be a beta test.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    FED
    "Die Another day"
    after passing the last waypoint you can get stuck inside the "walls" of the asteroid and can then freely fly through the asteroid, but not leave its boundaries again.
    Solution: Either find the hole you came through (holding at the right inner side of the asteroid and pulling toward the empty space worked) or beam out and in again.

P.S.: And this is exactly why one should be able to test new content on tribble prior to release.
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tobar26th wrote: »
    And this is why I miss tribble testing. Holodeck should not be a beta test.

Please post only about problems with the Delta Flight mission on this thread - those statements belong in another thread that is a general discussion about tribble testing.

Thanks
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm on "Clear And Present Danger" of the new episode "Delta Flight"...and there's no "Defeat Herald Patrol". I'm just sitting here and have flown all over everywhere...and still nothing.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bug reports don't work in non bug report forums
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh, I don't actually expect anything to be done about it...nothing ever is, I was just commenting :D
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    At the perimeter defense computer it is currently impossible (for me at least) to click the green buttons due to lag. The button turns green, i click and the number has already switched.

I'd appreciate it if a bypass button was added for timed events such as these.

Edit: I only just now noticed the request for faction and occupation: Fed Engineer
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Those 32 points you have to cross to get the Ace accolade in Hard have a bit of lag in them, maybe because of the chit chat added to it. Sometimes it would rubberband back after crossing certain points. Ruined my first run. Had to push through and be careful for the 2nd.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I died during the fight with the two Herald battleships, and respawned at the warp-in point. I had to fly all the way back through the asteroid field to get back to the battle, and all the Delta Flight ships decided to rendezvous with me half-way there instead of staying engaged in the fight.

Also, during "Sum of All Fears" the Heralds stuck behind the forcefield were somehow able to attack my away team as we ran past. My team tried to fight back but were all killed because we couldn't shoot through the barrier.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. 32 is a bit much. The five or so in 'Night of the Comet' has forced me into autopilot everytime save once.

2. if you die and res-pawn you are on your own unless you wait for everyone to show up again.

3. Please do not make Paris become the new Kurland with constant interruptions. His Hall forces you to answer it or you cannot move. Answering it will break cloak with all that entails.

4. if you re-spawn you are forced to go through those silly countdowns while you are trying to make it back to where you left off with all that entails - Then see 3 above.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    I had major problems with lag and rubberbanding during the final battle at the station.

Also took me a while to figure out what the waypoints looked like, in order to follow Paris' course (I was expecting the racetrack guide we had in that one DQ patrol).

Also, this was an official thread created by Trendy... so, to those that say don't post in here, or that devs won't look... a dev already posted in the thread for the other episode, LOL.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    At the perimeter defense computer it is currently impossible (for me at least) to click the green buttons due to lag. The button turns green, i click and the number has already switched.

same thing for me. impossible to lock the green frequencies; same reason; i click on the green frequency but it takes too much time to lock it. in fact when i click on the frequency, there is the sound by nothing happen.
  • omgbamf00omgbamf00 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had some serious audio problems during the dreadnought battle. IDK if it was the number of ships in the area all firing or if it was a specific ability the dreadnought was using, but my ears were ***** by some god awful noise. The only way I can describe it is by comparing it to having your ear up to a manual transmission while someone tries to shift without using the clutch. A loud grinding noise every few seconds.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Aside from this, there's the matter of the battle with the dreadnought at the station. The NPC allies do not finish repairing at all; meaning there's nothing distracting the dreadnought from just sitting atop the respawn point and getting free kills... over, and over, and over.
  • danielhunter1991danielhunter1991 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Near the end the alliance ships get stuck repairing themselves leaving me to deal with the dreadnought alone.
  • sto4me2sto4me2 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    FED
    the "Clear and Present Danger" - Disable Security Protocol part, i'm blind to the color green, so i can't see when the yellow number turn green :(

please use a other color or some visual marker.
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited April 2015

FED

I second this problem, I am experiencing a delay/lag that makes it impossible to move forward in the mission. When I click on a green number the counter has moved forward to the next number.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • wldbill50wldbill50 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fed Tac, can't get past satellite code on "clear and present danger" portion of Delta Flight. I click on green but code won't lock in.:(
    edited April 2015
    Might as well put in a tracert:

Traceren van de route naar patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    via maximaal 30 hops:

1 52 ms 46 ms 99 ms dsldevice.lan [************]
    2 40 ms 40 ms 39 ms static.kpn.net [************]
    3 43 ms 44 ms 42 ms nl-asd-dc2-git-cr03.kpn.net [213.75.1.81]
    4 45 ms 47 ms 47 ms nl-asd-dc2-ice-ir01.kpn.net [213.75.1.80]
    5 40 ms 40 ms 41 ms asd2-rou-1022.NL.eurorings.net [134.222.93.138]

6 41 ms 41 ms 41 ms asd2-rou-1044.NL.eurorings.net [134.222.229.109]

7 41 ms 42 ms 46 ms asd-s6-rou-1041.NL.eurorings.net [134.222.199.99
    ]
    8 41 ms 41 ms 42 ms be286.rcr21.ams05.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.15
    .45]
    9 41 ms 41 ms 41 ms be2039.ccr42.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.36
    .145]
    10 53 ms 53 ms 52 ms be2183.ccr22.lpl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.58
    .69]
    11 119 ms 119 ms 119 ms be2387.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.44
    .165]
    12 122 ms 122 ms 122 ms te0-0-0-0.rcr11.b002133-1.bos01.atlas.cogentco.c
    om [154.54.46.130]
    13 129 ms 125 ms 126 ms 38.111.40.114
    14 119 ms 119 ms 119 ms patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com [208.95.18
    5.41]
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Edit: I only just now noticed the request for faction and occupation: Fed Engineer

Same problem. Fed Sci

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same as most of you others.. this worked yesterday.. but todays its not working...

I made another post new thread.. was this minigame really needed? I just dropped out of the mission after spending 20 damd min trying to complete that silly minigame.

(addendum some oh I don't hour, 2 hours later)

I have reason to suspect the issue is lag in communicating to the server..if the "solution" entry doesn't stay lit long nuff to get clicked, and for it to register server side then client side just goes right on by..

You guys have GOT to avoid time sensitive puzzles of ANY kind in the games missions.. It's likely lag of some sort causing this. And your always going to have SOME lag. Ya'll's client server structure is constantly querying for input with this kind of puzzle. With signal lag inherent in the internet, system lag server side... system lag client side (for which you have zero control over). The puzzle its self is giving insufficient time for player to not only answer correctly, but for the result to register server side...

I know it can be fixed possibly but just slowing down the number rotation client side.

This point in the mission would have been better served with the NPC's and player maybe having to fight off a few small patrol/sentry groups of Iconian servitor race fighter craft while the boy wonder NPC cracks the code. The puzzle just didn't add anything to the mission, and of course, even less added when the puzzle its self has a flaw in either design or function and player can't get past it. And seeing the NPC in question dies later in the mission (scripted, set in stone, no way to save him) the inclusion of the puzzle just doesn't advance either the story or the action.. there might be an accolade involved, likely just a fluff accolade. not a passive offensive/defensive/systems/skills boost of some sort.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • dargalanddargaland Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kayajay wrote: »
    I'm on "Clear And Present Danger" of the new episode "Delta Flight"...and there's no "Defeat Herald Patrol". I'm just sitting here and have flown all over everywhere...and still nothing.

Same issue. Miral's ship is damaged. Tom finally shuts up but nothing else pops up.

Also the Westin puzzle....half the time I can't get the numbers to lock.

Running FED.
    edited April 2015
    After today's patch the lag seemed a bit less so i tried again and managed to get through the first puzzle which stopped me all those times before.

Still had to play the psychic and "predict" when a number would switch. Clicking when the number was already lit is still a recipe for failure.

I understand that today's patch fixed some problems with music, could this also be the cause of the lag/latency which often occurs in the DQ?
  • thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Two fed toons.

One science lvl 60, one Tactical level 29. Both have the same problem. I have literally no support in the dreadnought fight. on my sci toon it's pretty strong and had a ship that could take a beating and it almost died twelve times, my level 29 however has been beaten senseless and cannot hope to complete delta flight but I wanted that specialty console.

Once and I do mean once I saw the ships back in the hollow asteroid but in a way that's more annoying.
  • tavnytavny Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    wldbill50 wrote: »
    Fed Tac, can't get past satellite code on "clear and present danger" portion of Delta Flight. I click on green but code won't lock in.:(

*Same problem here, Lvl 60 fed tac toon here, numbers do not lock in at all, will try trying to predict when it will turn green and see if that will work as suggested above...
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Two fed toons.

One science lvl 60, one Tactical level 29. Both have the same problem. I have literally no support in the dreadnought fight. on my sci toon it's pretty strong and had a ship that could take a beating and it almost died twelve times, my level 29 however has been beaten senseless and cannot hope to complete delta flight but I wanted that specialty console.

Once and I do mean once I saw the ships back in the hollow asteroid but in a way that's more annoying.

Can confirm this myself as well, level 60 Fed Engineer, with the caveat being the allied ships seem to have simply disappeared. I don't believe they were stuck repairing anywhere else, and they were even missing from the closing cinematics, torpedo fire appearing from empty space.

If it helps, the dreadnought can't use its strongest attack if you stay behind the thing, and it doesn't appear to move so you can always move away from it to heal up. I managed to take it out but my ship is designed to take a beating.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • dargalanddargaland Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, I'm still stuck where Miral's ship is damaged. All the help was there, we took out the ships before Miral's damage and the one that popped up after. Nothing else. Started hunting...nada. No other Heralds to kill and nothing else to do but sit here and twiddle my thumbs. I did actually hit all the rings this time around...woooo. 'Big Fat Hairy Deal!!' - Garfield

Running lvl 60 Eng

Wonder if Myst is still around!!
  • thegreatrajathegreatraja Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just tried to do this mission Fed, Sci, 44 and once i got past security program, which took me a longgg time. I then got destroyed after passing the 26th marker. Bamn I am back at the begging with no path way markers to show me where to go. So I go in with gun blazing towards were I think I need to go. But with out the path markers I get jumped my more and more ships untill I am blasted into atoms and have to start all over. I change my weapons an defenses so I have more punch to the rear and try it again. Again one ship and not stand up to more the three or four H-ships for long.

I may be doing something very wrong, but even at full impulse (that you can't reach most of the time) the timers one the gate seem to be set up to trigger a h-ship just as you get there. I don't know if there is any help for this mission, or if I am just doing it wrong. just seems to me to be near impossible to do.