test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 10 looks great!

x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
I have been a harsh critic of things in the past (not going to dwell). But honestly Season 10 in my eyes looks amazing, it's exactly what I want.

Three new instanced events, this is really the bread and butter of STO for me, I really like the ease of just joining a queue, and the experience of fighting with a random group with differing skill sets. I like the idea that there is a chance to lose (but not when it's a "chance to win").

You are progressing the story a nice chunk which is always welcome. I look forward to checking that out of course, and seeing where the war will go. I hope it lasts a while (several large updates), like the Dominion war in DS9 where the war had a clear beginning middle and end. I hope this is just the beginning I hope the middle story wise gets really desperate with a fear the allies might lose then a triumphant end with a big party! Thats how any good space opera should go. (IMHO)

And removing the sector space borders is a welcome change, I hope you'll look to the future but I like that your sprucing up the old elements. I still hope to someday have space combat maps be truly 3d with the ability to fly in a loop. I also have a dream that one day all starting races will have a zone like Bajor with a few quests for new players as an introduction to their race.

And of course the monetization, which is great, all the stuff is stuff that feels like "I want to buy it" vs stuff that feels like "I have to buy it" to continue to play the game. STO is very casual for a lot of players I think thats important.

Season 10 really feels like it's for the players. I really hope this one works out for you guys and this is the way future updates will look.
Post edited by x10110100 on

Comments

• Options
    x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I agree.

I'm actually looking forward to some new STF's to play. I only wish that the interest in the new content would last.

Sadly it won't; the new content will hold players attention for a few weeks but then all too many of them will drop it in favour of playing ISA for the 8000000th time.

Actually, this inspires me to add a suggestion, please Cryptic bring back hourly events.

What I have been thinking for the past few months while wishing "Mine Trap" or "The Breach" will run is that, I really think they should have one queue (the advances normal and elite versions) have bonus rewards every hour on rotation with every event being involved in the rotation one at a time.

People say out of spite that DR killed the queue but events like Mine Trap actually fell off the map when they removed the hourly bonus events. It was "a thing" to try to cram as many Starbase Incursions, Mine Traps, Starbase Fleet Defences as you could in the hour, it was actually really fun. The limited time mixed with the cooldowns forced people to play maps they (obviously with 20/20 hindsight) won't play otherwise.

PLEASE PLEASE Cryptic add an hourly bonus reward for one que each hour on rotation that will get people playing the queues more than anything else you could do. (IMHO)

Edited to add: Maybe it should be event sets like all Dyson Sphere queued events for an hour, then all Borg events the next hour then all Elachi events ect. That might provide better time usage (because of cooldowns) that might encourage more players to play higher numbers of events overall.