test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Mark and Elite Mark conversion projects now only take 5 seconds to complete inste

killalljedikillalljedi Member Posts: 88 Arc User
All Mark and Elite Mark conversion projects now only take 5 seconds to complete instead of 15 seconds.

http://images107.fotki.com/v159/photos/2/201355/2490663/picard_win-vi.jpg
Post edited by killalljedi on

Comments

• wrenfuwrenfu Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yup. thats indeed a thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And also this:

250 Marks for 2500 Dilithium
    500 Marks for 5000 Dilithium

That is a godsend.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Does anybody know what this new "Elite Mark" is all about? Appearently you can convert 100 normal marks into 1 Elite Mark... :confused:
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    szim wrote: »
    Does anybody know what this new "Elite Mark" is all about? Appearently you can convert 100 normal marks into 1 Elite Mark... :confused:

Things like the Borg Neural Processors, etc.
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    szim wrote: »

Was wondering the same thing, seems like some reps got a new lvl or something like that
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Think one of the best features of Season 10. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Things like the Borg Neural Processors, etc.

thats actaully really awesome if true, that said....100 marks seems a little steep 50-75 would of been more reasonable but eh considering how easy it is to get marks >.<
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And also this:

That is a godsend.
    Sadly, those only seem to be working for Delta Reputation.. at least on Tribble. Here I hoped to finally convert my close to 30kish marks. Daaaangyoooo. :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sadly, those only seem to be working for Delta Reputation.. at least on Tribble. Here I hoped to finally convert my close to 30kish marks. Daaaangyoooo. :D

198,000 Omega.

60,000 nukara

50,000 Delta

45,000 Undine

100,000 dyson

and 1 romulan mark to turn in, when this goes live. lol.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    100 marks can be traded in for elite reputation marks, such as borg neural processors, ancient power cells, voth cybernetic implants, etc. (depending on the rep). Keep in mind that you can only do this ONCE every 20 hours.

Some rep equipment costs as much as 5 elite marks per piece (adapted MACO/KHG for example), so a complete set would take you 15 days if you're only converting rep marks to elite marks and not getting elite marks anywhere else. Great isn't it?
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tamujiin wrote: »
    198,000 Omega.

60,000 nukara

50,000 Delta

45,000 Undine

100,000 dyson

I feel bad for your wrist. :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

edited April 2015
    198,000 Omega.

60,000 nukara

50,000 Delta

45,000 Undine

100,000 dyson

Come on!!! No one got the funny about the LACK there of, of romulan mark PVE ques? Or the marks there in'? :P
    edited April 2015
    100 marks can be traded in for elite reputation marks, such as borg neural processors, ancient power cells, voth cybernetic implants, etc. (depending on the rep). Keep in mind that you can only do this ONCE every 20 hours.

Some rep equipment costs as much as 5 elite marks per piece (adapted MACO/KHG for example), so a complete set would take you 15 days if you're only converting rep marks to elite marks and not getting elite marks anywhere else. Great isn't it?

Great that you have to play the game actually to get marks, and on the way, you'll get these things anyway, meaning yer analogy is moot?

Or are they taking out all these "elite marks" from Advanced and Elite, or are they only making them mark to elite mark?

If so, are they all being taken out of the Adventure zones as well?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    198,000 Omega.

60,000 nukara

50,000 Delta

45,000 Undine

100,000 dyson

No comment.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Great that you have to play the game actually to get marks, and on the way, you'll get these things anyway, meaning yer analogy is moot?

Or are they taking out all these "elite marks" from Advanced and Elite, or are they only making them mark to elite mark?

If so, are they all being taken out of the Adventure zones as well?

Nothing changes for earning those 'Marks', only now you have the Trade-in option as well.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not bothered with the cool down on Marks to Elite Mark conversion, I am just grateful they are putting it in the game...

This and the sector space update is what I look forward to the most!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2015

It's great in the sense that players who are unable or unwilling to play Advanced / Elite STFs will have an opportunity to obtain Elite Marks. For those of players who have no problem getting Elite Marks this feature is not really important. The exception is probably newly minted level 50 captains for veteran players.

If people are going to have an attitude like yours on this matter, then perhaps Cryptic should just remove this quality of life feature from the game. Why waste time, effort and resources on a feature that will actually benefit players if players are only going to gripe about it?
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And also this:

That is a godsend.

I'm shocked they didn't nerf this like they did the fleet mark dump project. This is nice.
  • gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jaguarskx wrote: »

If people are going to have an attitude like yours on this matter, then perhaps Cryptic should just remove this quality of life feature from the game. Why waste time, effort and resources on a feature that will actually benefit players if players are only going to gripe about it?

Well, fortunately I think Cryptic has let the forums become a toxic sewer of malcontent to keep people brimming with... Hyperbolic negative attitudes quarantined from people actually playing the game and enjoying little QoL things like this.
  • sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm shocked they didn't nerf this like they did the fleet mark dump project. This is nice.

Top Men are working on that.... oh yes TOP MEN
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • valianttomevalianttome Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All Mark and Elite Mark conversion projects now only take 5 seconds to complete instead of 15 seconds.

http://images107.fotki.com/v159/photos/2/201355/2490663/picard_win-vi.jpg

Im looking forward to this. Ive got 800 Omega marks and I need BNPs for the MACO Set that I have yet to get for my toon. I used to run PUGs exclusively since it was a pain to get a Private Run going.

Now with the changes to DR. I cant get BNPs for the life of me.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There is going to be a big influx of dil from this, expect the dilex to go up, up, up!

Wouldn't the people with billions of loose marks floating around, also tend to be the people who have piles of unrefined dil also lying around?
  • killalljedikillalljedi Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have to admit that I have been quite the curmudgeon in regards to DR (and rightly so. The Devs really did make a major cluster-fugg out of things from gameplay to player relations, and they deserved to be punched in the junk for it), but if TIW turns out to be a hit like LoR was, then things may look good.

Anyone else notice the irony that much like the Trek films themselves, STO seems to have a "Hit" and then "Fail" and then "Hit" pattern when it comes to Seasons? DR was STO's "Undiscovered Country" whereas TIW may be it's "First Contact". :D
  • maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yeah reduced time to 5 secs from 15 but still has a 20hr cd. yay
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Errr....I have thousands of each mark and do NOT see these new higher denomination missions.. Anyone else seeing this?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Errr....I have thousands of each mark and do NOT see these new higher denomination missions.. Anyone else seeing this?

Yep, the only one that had the higher mark turn-in options was the Delta rep. None of the others.
    giphy.gif
    edited April 2015
    Yep, the only one that had the higher mark turn-in options was the Delta rep. None of the others.

That's TRIBBLE. Did they specify this in the release notes?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And also this:

That is a godsend.

They should implement this for ALL reps. Its the same conversion rate as we have now, it breaks down to 50/500,... it simply allows you to take larger chunks. It's still only ore and still needs to be refined at 8k/day,... but it saves a lot of clicking and switching tabs.,
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
    edited April 2015
    Looks like it is NOT currently WAI and they are looking into it. Huzzah!
    T93uSC8.jpg