test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So long Devron sector...

vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
It has come to my attention that with the release of season 10 looming just a mere 11 hours away, the most iconic sector that exists in Star Trek lore from the TNG finale is going to be renamed.

Devron Sector-->Hobus Sector.

While I understand it's a simple renaming, it means we are losing a piece of trek history. I propose that we meet in that sector to give it a proper sendoff. To celebrate, it would be nice to see the following ships or ship variants there:

Galaxy Class Cruiser
Galaxy-X Dreadnought Cruiser
Olympic science vessel
Negh'var battle cruiser
D'deridex Warbird Battlecruiser

These five ships were present in the TNG finale. What do you guys think?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Devron. Wasn't that a Twentieth Century Earth Oil Company?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think you're thinking of Chevron.

Devron System

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yep, a bad pun.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All the sectors are getting the heave ho in favor of the new SUPER SPACE MAAAAAAAP!
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It has come to my attention that with the release of season 10 looming just a mere 11 hours away, the most iconic sector that exists in Star Trek lore from the TNG finale is going to be renamed.

Devron Sector-->Hobus Sector.
    Boo. Hobus is junk. Keep it the Devron Sector. It's not like the rest of the game ever lets us forget about the mess that Hobus inflicted on the IP.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Boo. Hobus is junk. Keep it the Devron Sector. It's not like the rest of the game ever lets us forget about the mess that Hobus inflicted on the IP.

I so strongly sympathize with Taris in regards to undoing Hobus, I'd totally sacrifice all regulations and prime directives to help her do it (Don't think she's really dead)... And I feel it might not even be impossible to happen ingame if Cryptic gets really clever about it. What an epic plot twist it would be!
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This sucks, Hobus sounds lame makes me think of Hobos, and the Devron sector has been referenced throughout trek, especially TNG so many times, it's a staple system in people's memory. It should stay for continuity and nostalgia purposes.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They went to the Devron System in TNG... not the Devron Sector. :rolleyes:
    animated.gif