test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Voth (Race even???) BOffs and DOffs:

voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
As per some missions in Delta space, there is contact with a Voth underground that do not believe in the Doctrine.
Now, it would be logical if several of these Voth would ask the Federation (and other factions, of course) for a refuge/asylum.
Further logics would dictate that some would join these factions to 'fight the oppression'.

When will we see any Voth as BOff/DOff?

More: I could imagine even a Voth race to be played...

Maybe DR related?
A one-time thing?

Just thinking out loud here.

Thoughts?
Post edited by voivodje on

Comments

• Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While it would be interesting, many of these Voth "dissidents" are more likely to have been imprisoned BY Doctrine for refusing to follow it. Which would explain why Nelen Exil, the Voth scientist who joins your crew when you complete the Dyson reputation, was hiding in the sphere.

Also, there were some Voth duty officers available from the Voth lock box from season 8..unless you're asking for Voth-recruitment doff missions?
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There's a Voth Boff rewarded once you complete T5 in the Dyson reputation (remember to complete the final mission offered, you have to go get him) and Voth Doffs from lock box packages (they're on the exchange) and from the Duty Officer contact at your fleet spire holding (assuming your fleet is has a high enough tier.)

More Voth would be nice (especially as a way to show the galaxy changing and coming together as we fight/defeat the iconians, the "Specialty Race" thing is starting to hobble the cornerstone of customization choices STO is built on) but if you're especially interested there are a few options available to you now.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dont forget the doffs available on the fleet spire too
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Voth dissidents: well yes, but there are for sure many "hiding dissidents" that follow the doctrine in the open, but think otherwise, knowing the outcome of their thoughts/actions would mean... bad times.
    Not every Voth is equally brave, correct?
    Or, some are smarter, depending on how you look at things.

Thus, more BOffs and DOffs would be fairly logical.

Also, the race unlock for the duration of the DR event, would be quite an attraction to new players.

One can dream, right? ;)

I bet, he'd be sweet as a Klink, with none but Gorn BOffs! :P

It takes to be a lizard to understand a lizard, after all... XD
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Voth need another look-see.
    A t6 ship. More story (how about a story to end the war and ask for their help with the iconians)
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    RP-wise it's simple, if you were to take such a Voth race: You had the amazing luck of finding refuge/asylum in faction X, and go from there.

No more story needed in that regard.
    However: a full Voth outline would be sweet, aye.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having playable Voth would be awesome :) Or just any Voth related content, as long as they can be more than just cannon fodder.

Having Voth and Undine join the Alliance would be the best thing the Alliance can hope for.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    We could send Tovan to the Iconians... I'll bet they'll join up in no time, providing we take Tovan back?
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    voivodje wrote: »
    We could send Tovan to the Iconians... I'll bet they'll join up in no time, providing we take Tovan back?

Poor Toby, he gets no respect.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Lol, I keep 2 Voth doffs on my sci build which are very useful.
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It'd be nice if the Voth would see sense and join the Delta Alliance. They seem to be an advanced (ish) and formiddable ally.

Its not as though they're purely helping a faction of mammals afterall. The Federation has Saurians and Xindi-Reptilians. The KDF have Gorn. Proof that mammals and reptiles can work together.