test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not all of my characters can claim account-wide Recruit perks

killalljedikillalljedi Member Posts: 88 Arc User
Not so much as a bug report, but just asking if anyone else has had a problem with any of their other characters not being able to claim all of the account-wide perks that were due? I really ground a recruit to max on everything, but only half of my other alts (including non-DRs) were able to claim their stuff.
Post edited by killalljedi on

Comments

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not so much as a bug report, but just asking if anyone else has had a problem with any of their other characters not being able to claim all of the account-wide perks that were due? I really ground a recruit to max on everything, but only half of my other alts (including non-DRs) were able to claim their stuff.

as far as im aware all non deltas should be able to get the perks although perhaps some are level locked, if all your characters you are having problems with are non delta and level 50 or above you should have no problems and should be able to claim the rewards from the temporal NCP at either earth space dock, qo'nos first city or the romulan flotilla, bearing in mind if your characters claimed the rewards from another delta they will no be able to claim them again.

if you are still having problems then raise a report ticket.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Make sure your inventory isn't full. I thought the same thing too on one of my Characters until I checked my inventory. Once I cleared it I could claim the delta rewards.
    sstosig2.png
  • killalljedikillalljedi Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    as far as im aware all non deltas should be able to get the perks although perhaps some are level locked, if all your characters you are having problems with are non delta and level 50 or above you should have no problems and should be able to claim the rewards from the temporal NCP at either earth space dock, qo'nos first city or the romulan flotilla, bearing in mind if your characters claimed the rewards from another delta they will no be able to claim them again.

if you are still having problems then raise a report ticket.

Well that's the weird thing. I had several non-recruits who were able to claim marks and Dil, but I had a whole block of Recruits who were only able to claim the devices and Photonic BOFF, and one character who wasn't able to claim anything at all.

If I filed a trouble ticket on each & every character that couldn't claim, I would go mad trying to keep track of so many tickets (I bought about 12 new slots to use as mules/farming alts).
  • zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Last Thursday's patch made it so you could not claim some of the rewards as a recruit until you finished all the Delta Recruit objectives in the UI. It specifically mentioned the starship trait, so even at 50 you can't claim it now until you finish the required number of story objectives on every toon.

Also, some rewards like the story arc completion Marks and dil from the temporal agent "store", can only be claimed by non-Delta toons. I don't know if that helps, but thats what the patch notes said.

Edit: And also, don't forget that the photonic boff is tied to the "Improved" Temporal trait, so toons that can't get that yet probably can't get the boff either.
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All these problems people are having with this Delta Recruit fiasco make me so glad I didn't do a Delta character. Neither the rewards nor the headaches, in my opinion, make it worth it.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • happymarvinhappymarvin Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only character I wasn't able to claim the rewards on was the only one under the lvl 10 requirement.
    edited April 2015
    All these problems people are having with this Delta Recruit fiasco make me so glad I didn't do a Delta character. Neither the rewards nor the headaches, in my opinion, make it worth it.

I think you might be underestimating the rewards. Every current character gets a bunch of dil and marks (which if you don't need can become even more dil). The ground device is an instant ressurect at the point you died (which is nice on that irritating mob filled world called Kobali Prime where even the best geared away team can get swamped and the respawn points are sometimes far away and have the same trash mobs between where you are and were :rolleyes:) Further, since the rewards are permanent, if you unlock them it means that for any future character you make, some essential rep consoles (like the assimilated module) and early rep leveling are now and forever "free," which might not kill the grind by any means but it does make it less painful. :D

Finally, I don't know why you call it a "fiasco" as considering the long list of mess ups lately on the creators' part, this roll out has been surprisingly smooth. Most of the issues have been with new players innocently enough not understanding how things work yet. And the few true bugs, like treasure trading station being unbeatable (which had a workaround) or the Romulan faction "Taris" objective, were cleared up pretty soon. Further, even on this forum which is often somewhat toxic, most people have admitted that the benefits of at least one Delta Recruit have surprisingly turned out to outweigh the hassel.
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
    edited April 2015
    zarato4218 wrote: »
    Edit: And also, don't forget that the photonic boff is tied to the "Improved" Temporal trait, so toons that can't get that yet probably can't get the boff either.

Some of my toons were able to get the Photonic BOFF but not the Trait, and some toons it's vice-versa. I also have a whole block of level 50+ non-Recruits who aren't able to get the trait OR the BOFF (even though I had a few other 50+ non-recruits who could). Totally random with no pattern for me to figure out why some can and some cannot claim rewards.
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited April 2015

You need to make a Delta recruit for each faction to get all the rewards for one.
    Second, they need to be above a certain level. A level 10 non Delta recruit cannot, say, claim the reward for the cardassian arc, as an example. If you have those for mule purposes i mean, a lot of people have ALTS at level 10 just for contraband farming.
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zarato4218 wrote: »
    I think you might be underestimating the rewards. Every current character gets a bunch of dil and marks (which if you don't need can become even more dil). The ground device is an instant ressurect at the point you died (which is nice on that irritating mob filled world called Kobali Prime where even the best geared away team can get swamped and the respawn points are sometimes far away and have the same trash mobs between where you are and were :rolleyes:) Further, since the rewards are permanent, if you unlock them it means that for any future character you make, some essential rep consoles (like the assimilated module) and early rep leveling are now and forever "free," which might not kill the grind by any means but it does make it less painful. :D

Finally, I don't know why you call it a "fiasco" as considering the long list of mess ups lately on the creators' part, this roll out has been surprisingly smooth. Most of the issues have been with new players innocently enough not understanding how things work yet. And the few true bugs, like treasure trading station being unbeatable (which had a workaround) or the Romulan faction "Taris" objective, were cleared up pretty soon. Further, even on this forum which is often somewhat toxic, most people have admitted that the benefits of at least one Delta Recruit have surprisingly turned out to outweigh the hassel.

Best event reward EVER, and the players DO like it. :D
    edited April 2015
    tamujiin wrote: »
    You need to make a Delta recruit for each faction to get all the rewards for one.
    Second, they need to be above a certain level. A level 10 non Delta recruit cannot, say, claim the reward for the cardassian arc, as an example. If you have those for mule purposes i mean, a lot of people have ALTS at level 10 just for contraband farming.

Normally I would, but I wanted to make a recruit for each faction and then level it at least to 10+ to make it eligible for turning in Contraband. The Dil exchange rates are going haywire crazy right now, and if I want to generate enough Dil to turn into a decent amount of Zen, I'll have to literally overwhelm my Dil output by sheer force of numbers.

But for example, I have one KDF recruit that I got to level 56 and did all of the missions, and collected all of the Iconian items/information. The only thing I have yet to claim is the Level 5 Crafting achievement on it, but that should happen in a day or so.

I got a few 10+ Fed recruits who were able to get the Marks boxes (even though they cannot even turn them into Dil until they reach 50), and then I have some level 56 KDFs who can only get the devices & Photonic BOFF, and a few who can cash in everything, Marks, Dil, items Traits & all. It's such a TRIBBLE-shoot on whether any of my alts can claim or not.

Is there some sort of unwritten rule that only allows you to claim rewards by a limited number of alts? Seems that's the only explanation I can think of.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tamujiin wrote: »

Can someone verify this to be true? So far not having finished the delta recruit there's nothing to suddenly indicate we need to make 3, 1 for each faction, in order to send them over to all our characters. I mean, account-wide would mean cross-faction.

The blog states "Many of these rewards are account-bound, so if you’d like to send them all to other characters, that’s completely fine, and in fact an intended possible use of those rewards." In this case, "many" rules out certain bound rewards, one of which I'd image to be the fleet and rep- bound dilithium.

The major rewards, as listed in the blog, are:
    - Starship Trait: "Temporal Insight
    - Starship Trait: "Improved Temporal Insight"
    - Ground Device: "Paradox Corrector"
    - Space Device: "Temporal Negotiator"

The "Q: Is there a reason to create more than one Delta Recruit?" does not specify anything even remotely suggesting "you must make 3 DR, 1 per faction, in order to unlock faction-specific delta recruit rewards which are account wide."

So please, to those that constantly repeat this, back up your info or it's just parroted nonsense.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • dmtdmt Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Each faction has specific episodes (Fed: Klingon War, KDF: Empire, Rom: From The Ashes) so to unlock everything in the Temporal Agency Store you do need to create a Delta Recruit for each faction.

Also I have noticed that the Photonic BOFF is re-claimable if dismissed but the two devices (Paradox Corrector & Temporal Negotiator) cannot be re-claimed if lost. Why not?
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I did 2 mostly for my fleets rewards for doing two the rewards i got from my fleet were far better then then the stuff the delta recruit rewards system gave.

But i completed it with my KDF delta got all the rewards for all my toons stopped working on my feddy bear delta recruit since i dont see any reason to keep doing it since i have the rewards.

anyways i agree this delta recruit thang has been one giant fiasco but clearly cryptic thinks its the best thing ever....just like delta rising right? :rolleyes:
  • huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't think non-Delta characters created After the delta-Character get the rewards.

Otherwise people could just create and delete for massive amounts of dilithium and credits.

It only applies to pre-existing characters.
    edited April 2015
    dmt wrote: »
    Each faction has specific episodes (Fed: Klingon War, KDF: Empire, Rom: From The Ashes) so to unlock everything in the Temporal Agency Store you do need to create a Delta Recruit for each faction.

Since no one seems to be able to avoid being vague, I've verified it myself in game, and will list it here:

- Klingon Story Arc Delta Rewards on all non-delta toons, Total: 5,000 Dilithium, 500 Fleet Marks, plus another 1,000 Dil and 100 Fleet marks (Klingon or Romulan DR)

- Romulan Story Arc Delta Rewards on all non-delta toons, Total: 5,000 Dilithium, 500 Fleet Marks, plus another 2,000 Dil and 200 Fleet marks (Federation or Romulan DR & Klingon or Romulan DR)

Now that that's settled once and for good, I'm on a Romulan who for some reason does not have the Romulan Mystery Arc (All Factions) unlocked despite having gone through every single episode to the end of the Cardassian Arc so far. Does anyone else have this problem? I've made sure to pick up every single iconian tech or info, complete and turn in every mission, and have about 3 left to claim in total.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    edited April 2015
    dmt wrote: »

Nope. My KDF was a L56 Recruit but my L60 Fed non-DR was also able to cash in the account-wide rewards, whereas I have several other KDF recruits who can't claim jack aside from their own achievements.
  • dmtdmt Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The recruits cannot claim rewards from other recruits, except for the devices. On a non-Delta Recruit check the Temporal store and you will see a list of episode titles. There will be requirements for claiming each episode reward: requirements that mean you need a Delta Recruit from each faction.

I know this because I have created Fed, KDF and Rom Delta Recruits and in the Temporal Store the only episode reward left is 'FREEDOM', the Romulan-exclusive version of Cloaked Intentions.
  • fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can not claim the starship trait on my main.... It's just not there. :confused:
    edited April 2015
    Well that's the weird thing. I had several non-recruits who were able to claim marks and Dil, but I had a whole block of Recruits who were only able to claim the devices and Photonic BOFF, and one character who wasn't able to claim anything at all.

If I filed a trouble ticket on each & every character that couldn't claim, I would go mad trying to keep track of so many tickets (I bought about 12 new slots to use as mules/farming alts).

what I would do is make one ticket and list each character that cannot claim items and what items they cannot claim you can do this in bulk by saying something like characters 1, 2 & 3 could claim v and w but nothing else character 4 & 5 could claim x & y and nothing else and characters 6, 7, 8 and 9 could claim nothing at all, obviously naming the characters and the respective items if any.

I haven't had this problem myself but if I had that is the road I would go down, whether you will get any joy is uncertain.

the only thing I can say is when I first went to the temporal NPC every item that would be claimable was listed there but greyed out and as I unlocked those items on my delta they became no longer greyed out and I was able to claim them.
    once I had unlocked everything that my delta was able to and had claimed the respective account rewards there were still about a half dozen or so still greyed out probably locked to a delta of a different faction ie Klingon so unless they are unlocked by a Klingon delta they will never be claimable, that may be for a story line that only a Klingon can play for example.

edited April 2015
    Verifying again on the Romulan-Fed Delta Recruit, it seems "Complete All Romulan Story Arcs" is simply misleading as the description says "complete all missions in all story arcs through Breen invasion," while from a non-DR Fed, the Temporal Contact store lists "Romulan Mystery (All Factions)" as greyed out.

Double-clicking on this greyed out option says "unable to buy, must be level 26+ and have a delta recruit (any faction) complete the "Romulan Mystery" story arc."

My non-DR Fed is L60+, I've got a L56 Romulan DR who has finished up to and including the Cardassian struggle, and a L53 Fed (Joined Trill) Delta Recruit but who has not completed the Romulan Mystery Arc. I've verified on another non-DR, a Romulan-Fed L60+ who has completed the Romulan Mystery and same thing, cannot claim it as it's greyed out.

So to me completing the Rom Mystery Arc on a Rom-Fed does not unlock it at the store, and the only thing left to try is completing it on the Fed DR to see if that's what actually unlocks it.

Verifying on the Fed DR, it does list the Rom Mystery Arc in the Episodes of the Delta Recruit Details tab, but on the Rom-Fed DR it does not, and the Arc is instead called "Freedom." So it seems it is not bugged, other than the text "Romulan Mystery (All Factions)" being wrong as it actually excludes Romulan Delta Recruits who do not have it.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    edited April 2015
    huskerklg wrote: »
    I don't think non-Delta characters created After the delta-Character get the rewards.

Otherwise people could just create and delete for massive amounts of dilithium and credits.

It only applies to pre-existing characters.

all non delta characters created before, during or after the event are able to claim delta rewards but they do need to be of a certain level to do it to stop this very thing happening.
    im not sure what level they unlock at off hand maybe lv30 but I guess they thought by the time you reached that level you would be unlikely to delete and repeat.
    Verifying again on the Romulan-Fed Delta Recruit, it seems "Complete All Romulan Story Arcs" is simply misleading as the description says "complete all missions in all story arcs through Breen invasion," while from a non-DR Fed, the Temporal Contact store lists "Romulan Mystery (All Factions)" as greyed out.

Double-clicking on this greyed out option says "unable to buy, must be level 26+ and have a delta recruit (any faction) complete the "Romulan Mystery" story arc.".

this may be where your problem lies, from the message "must be level 26+ and have a delta recruit" it sounds like the character you are trying to claim the reward with is not this level as the 26+ does not refer to the delta but the non-delta who is claiming the account reward this must mean that character is below that level.
    or it could be that they have reached that level through some other means such as doff missions without completing their own story lines.
    when they quote lv26+ they expect you have played missions to a certain point and many of the ranks are linked to the story missions and not the level of the character if you have got to this level without playing the storys it could be the system does not recognise your level as you do not have the storys completed, especially if these characters were levelled up while the delta recruit xp bonus was in play, you may have reached a certain level but still not reached the required story missions that would normally accompany that level.

if I was you I would try with one character playing any unplayed missions till all the story lines up to the start of the dyson missions and then try and claim the rewards if you find they have unlocked you will know this is where your problem lies.

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think there are certain things wrongly labeled in the reward store, like Romulan mystery, because whatever that arc is, it is not actually available to all factions. My Rom/KDF recruit didn't unlock it, but finished with everything else.

However for me, all my characters could claim all the same rewards, I had no issue with being unable to claim one thing on one but could on another. All of them were 55+ before the recruit thing started though.
    edited April 2015
    I think there are certain things wrongly labeled in the reward store, like Romulan mystery, because whatever that arc is, it is not actually available to all factions. My Rom/KDF recruit didn't unlock it, but finished with everything else.

However for me, all my characters could claim all the same rewards, I had no issue with being unable to claim one thing on one but could on another. All of them were 55+ before the recruit thing started though.

if you check the list of stories for each faction here >
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/List_of_missions

you will see the romulan mystery is not available for romulans only kdf or feds.
    so if your delta is a romulan be it kdf or fed aligned they cannot play that story line.
    where it says all factions this just means all factions that can play that thread, not that all factions can play it.

if it was to say "romulan mystery kdf" that would mean only a kdf delta character could unlock that reward, there may be some missions in the story line that will be only for a kdf character and some that are only for a fed character and you might have both "romulan mystery fed" and "romulan mystery kdf" on the list for example.
    but where it says "romulan mystery all factions" it just means any faction that has that story line available to play.

edited April 2015
    Nope. My KDF was a L56 Recruit but my L60 Fed non-DR was also able to cash in the account-wide rewards, whereas I have several other KDF recruits who can't claim jack aside from their own achievements.

That's not what he was talking about. He was talking about how as a Delta Recruit completes a story arc, (After which the recruit gets their reward from the recruit UI in the form of a sum of EC, Dil, etc.) a separate unlock appears in the Temporal Store of Non-Recruits with the name of the just unlocked arc. That "item" gives a small reward of Dil and Fleet Credits to a non-recruit too. To unlock all these small rewards for non-recruit toons, you need to have had a delta recruit finish every official arc in the game up to the breen arc. Since some arcs are cross faction any toon will unlock it for all. But since some are faction specific (Like Freedom, Vengeance ect. for Roms, Klingon War etc. for Feds, and Empire, Fek'liri, etc for KDF) you need to have had a delta recruit from each faction to unlock all of the non-recruit arc rewards.

These are separate from the Account-Wide rewards like the boff and devices (which are Delta Recruit and Non-Recruit alike), so they may have nothing to do with your issue, which may be a bug. However as previous posters have mentioned a Non-Recruit does need to be a certain level to accept some of their rewards (Between 10+ and 30+ depending on the package)

In essence your thread is now hosting two topics (your original about device and trait rewards and another about what it takes to get a completionist level of unlocks for non recruits) and I think this has been confusing the issue a bit. As such what the poster you quoted said was true AND as time has gone on it appears you actually may have a bug, but for a seprate (Though admittedly the original topic of this thread :rolleyes:) issue. As such you have my and probably many others' sympathies but it may be a long time before you get a response from Customer Service, let alone a fix. Still I wish you good luck. :)
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    if you check the list of stories for each faction here >
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/List_of_missions

you will see the romulan mystery is not available for romulans only kdf or feds.
    so if your delta is a romulan be it kdf or fed aligned they cannot play that story line.
    where it says all factions this just means all factions that can play that thread, not that all factions can play it.

Breen, cardassian, devidian arcs are also all factions, and yes every faction actually gets them.

The Romulan mystery is not an all faction arc. It is mislabeled and wrong.
    edited April 2015
    Breen, cardassian, devidian arcs are also all factions, and yes every faction actually gets them.

The Romulan mystery is not an all faction arc. It is mislabeled and wrong.

as I said its not wrong it just means any faction that can play that storyline, it doesn't mean all factions can play that story line, that's just what you are reading into the label.
    it may be poorly labled and confusing but I dare say space was a consideration when they labelled it so they went with that but you only need to check the list of available story lines for your delta character to know they will not unlock this.
    its easy to check the story lines you can play by clicking on your Missions Tab on your minimap.

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    basically you get a reward for each storyline arc you finish.

there are story arcs that are locked behind each faction.

feds or kdf can not do the rom faction storylines.

kdf or roms can not do the fed storylines.

feds or roms can not do the kdf storylines.

eventually all the storylines converge and no more faction specific storyline.

so if you want all possible rewards... you need a DR to do their respective faction's storyline.
  • fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I still can't unlock the starship trait on my main... Anyone know if this is an known issue to cryptic.... All this time spend on my delta recruit feels like a waste now. :(
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fudgemonk wrote: »
    I still can't unlock the starship trait on my main... Anyone know if this is an known issue to cryptic.... All this time spend on my delta recruit feels like a waste now. :(

you need to finish half of the DR's storyline for the 1st trait. Improved version is if you finish all arcs up breen.

you mean need to claim all the rewards 1st to unlock/register that you have done them... not sure I personally have not played any since I finished the tutorial.