test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Terrible performance on some maps

suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Tribble - Bug Reports
Is anyone else experiencing terrible performance on certain maps while on Tribble? The ideal example for me is the New Romulus Command, where the framerate drops dramatically in the main hub (goes back to normal while in the Shuttlebay). I couldn't find the culprit in the graphics options, as I've set everything to absolute minimum, yet still had low framerate. Same goes for the New Romulus itself, although many other ground maps like the ESD or Qo'noS run just fine.

I don't have any issues like that on holodeck, it's Tribble only.

New Sector Space maps also run very poorly when compared to Tribble. Ok, that's one giant sector, but it's still pretty much empty aside from some backgrounds and systems.

Aside from that, there's some UI issue that prevents me from enabling /showfps 1 command. It just doesn't show on Tribble.

Yeah, my machine isn't new (Athlon II X2 240, GTX 560 TI, 3GB Ram), and I'm still using Win XP, but that's not the point. The point is, the current Tribble build performs worse than the current Holodeck build, even after reseting all the options to default etc. I manage 30-60fps on most maps on Holodeck while on High settings, yet the new Tribble build drops the framerate to as low as 5fps in the aforementioned New Romulus Command, regardless of my settings.
PyKDqad.jpg
Post edited by suaveks on

Comments

• bravecatherinebravecatherine Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Missions affected on holodeck.

"Researcher Rescue":the moment you set foot on the jungle the Kassae IV
    "The Kuvah'Magh":unplayable until you enter in the Federation Embassy:(
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    suaveks wrote: »
    Aside from that, there's some UI issue that prevents me from enabling /showfps 1 command. It just doesn't show on Tribble.

I can confirm that the /showfps command is broken. See the bug reports below.

Tribble ticket #49,562: The commands /showfps and /showCamPos are broken
    Holodeck ticket #3,388,989: The commands /showfps and /showCamPos are broken
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • lordspotlordspot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've found the following after further investigation on the low framerate issue. Razer Cortex helpfully provides me with an FPS counter :)

New Romulus staging area: reducing terrain detail distance helps fps here.
    Klingon mission "Alpha": Disabling high detail objects when on the ground jumps me from 12 fps to 59 (vsync enabled).

The above is true whether using DirectX 11 or 9.

The April 28 Tribble patch does not resolve these issues.

PC Hardware is Intel i7-4770k, nVidia GTX980, 16GB RAM, Windows 8.1 64bit. Further details (such as dxdiag) available on request.