Install Arc
Options

Tier 6 Fleet Ships

Comments

• Options
    astroroblaastrorobla Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dragnridr wrote: »
    Ummmm.....No new trait for the fleet variants? Why the hell would I get a fleet version if my regular version is practically the same ship, with a ship trait?

I'll just save my fleet ship modules for a ship that is worth while then.

Well it's going to be a long wait. Fleet ships have never come with special consoles like the z-store varieties. The trait is a pretty clear parallel.

If you want consoles and traits they you buy the z-store version.

If you are happy with none of the bells and whistles but just want the ship frame, you buy the fleet version. But that's only $5 cheaper than the store version.

If you've got the z-store version, then $5 gets you a little more hull/shields and one extra console slot on the fleet version.

Whether you like the costs or not, it's always been this way.
    Now a top-rated spotlight mission!
    STO-sig.jpg
  • Options
    spock1190spock1190 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    I feel like I am beating a horse so dead that even the skeleton has dissolved but how much further behind will KDF and Romulan Science Captains get before we have ships? My Delta Romulan Science is still in a level 40 ship because I don't have access to a Tier 5 shipyard yet these fleet versions need Tier 2 shipyards for T6.5 with not a science ship among them. With T5U now a full rank inferior, why keep these restrictions on shipyard rank? If it's to force us to buy a T6 Fleet, it won't work. There isn't one to buy.

Thankfully, you gave away the Breen carrier which is as close to a T6 pure science as you can get so my KDF Science is at least able to do something beyond Normal difficulty in a ship not 20 levels lower than the level cap. Bad luck for our Deltas with the winter event being 8 more months away to unlock it though.

Klingon's have plenty of Carrier options. IMO science officers work the best of the three classes in these ships.
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Lol, the Fleet Dauntless is now a part gens monster capable ship.

Mwhaha, the Dauntless becomes even more overpowered.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fleet Aelahl Battlecruiser Warbird [T6]

this ship should have 4 tac consoles slot, because it should be more different than the new ugly d'deridex.

it is a battlecruiser and it has the same number of console slots than the scryer :confused::confused:
    btw, the fed battlecruiser has 4 tac console slots

I was interested by this ship, but now: no

roms need more love like the Klinks
  • Options
    startrekvsdoctorstartrekvsdoctor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Will there be any fleet command ships on there way any time soon? :P
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm just going to wait for a t6 defiant or a defiant treatment similar to the epic win the intrepid got with the pathfinder. The lack of the trait on the t6 fleet ships is disappointing.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Will there be any fleet command ships on there way any time soon? :P

Command ships are already fleet versions. Just like all the 3-pack ship bundles before (Vesta line, Odyssey etc).
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    spock1190 wrote: »
    Klingon's have plenty of Carrier options. IMO science officers work the best of the three classes in these ships.

Which Tier 6 carrier upgrades to which Tier 6 Fleet carrier? We do have carriers but this is about Tier 6 Fleet ships of which KDF and Romulan Sceince Captions have exactly ZERO of unless you count the Breen carrier that will not be coming around again until next winter. The KDF have the Gorn ships at T5 and they do upgrade. They are now 1 full level below a Tier 6.5 after upgrade. A Romulan has a single T5 Science ship that requires a Tier 5 Shipyard and is now 1 full level below a Tier 6. They also have exactly ZERO Tier 6 Science ships which mean when upgraded, they are now a full 1 tier lower than the Feds.

I can also argue that no, a Tactical Officer with points in the Science tree do the best in carriers but that is another thread entirely.

EDIT: You may notice that I am excluding a ship. It is the now long broken Dysons with their malfunctioning Commander seat. Until it's fixed, it's shiny white junk.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the fleet intel eclipse looses its cloak? cloak is not mentioned for the eclipse but it is for all the other intelligence ships

It will have it's cloak. It's just an error that the Cloaking capability was left out of the news page.

It's the exact, same error that was done reporting the T6 Iconic Ships. There were dumbasses ingame claiming 1 of 2 idiotic things. That the T6 Negh'var or it's T6 fleet variation was missing it's cloak. Or people seeing the news page and saying the Negh'var lost it's cloak.

It was completely untrue in the game, false information spread by fools and idiots. They simply ****ed up the news page.
    spock1190 wrote: »

I'm sorry, what T6 KDF Carrier options are there? What T6 KDF Science Vessel options are there? The Roms are also in the same exact boat.

And Science Captains do not necessarily work the best in Carriers, either. Any Captain class can work well anywhere. It depends on the player.

Edit: You may be surprised how much a Tactical Captain can make those Carriers with their traditionally Science heavy alignment better. And I'm not talking about better damage output with weapons. TAC Captains can put Science Captains to shame in making Science abilities hit harder.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    luckychuckyluckychucky Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It will have it's cloak. It's just an error that the Cloaking capability was left out of the news page.

It's the exact, same error that was done reporting the T6 Iconic Ships. There were dumbasses ingame claiming 1 of 2 idiotic things. That the T6 Negh'var or it's T6 fleet variation was missing it's cloak. Or people seeing the news page and saying the Negh'var lost it's cloak.

It was completely untrue in the game, false information spread by fools and idiots. They simply ****ed up the news page.

Thank you very much for the information :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ... IST MIR ZU SCHWER ... UND ICH WILL NICHT
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Will the Fleet Guardian get additional ship parts, like parts of the old Envoy or Celestial (made up to date) for example?

I know my question sounds a bit made like out of thin air, but i hope to get some alternative parts to create some good looking variations for it.
    Before i bought it and saw it on the promotions images i thought, wow finally a nnice looking ship but in Game it doesn't look so good accoring to my taste. Something just doesn't fit and i seriously was hoping it was coming with at least some alternative Saucers and neck parts.
    (especially a bigger/wider or round shaped saucer and a more sturdy looking neck like Andromeda, or Odyssey- like for ex. and a more elegant and less fat looking engineering hull).

The biggest thing that keeps me from flying that ship is its particular not so good looking overall general shape.

I simply miss some different looking parts to experiment with (especially saucer, neck and Engineering hull.) because i think that ship could have much potential to become a real beautiful ship if it just had some alternative parts to choose from. Even the Eclipse got some different parts if you get the Phantom or Scryer.
    Why not do the same with the guardian and old Envoy and Celestial?
    (again, the old parts would need a slight renovation according ot some ppl.)

I hope some dev reads this, and sorry for being off topic a bit.:o

Why no T6 Star Cruiser?
    (Yes it's a space whale, we know the joke and we all have been laughing about it when it was funny. :yawn: )
    But seriously, i miss these beautiful and futuristic looking ships and i think it's a pity you devs ignore those ships. I think they where some of the most original and good looking ship Cryptic ever made.

They could have been made into T6 Sci Cruisers, similar to the Command Battlecruisers, just with a science twist instead of tactical. (just an idea)
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    well ist kinda funny how they are "t6 fleet ships" and are forbidden one of main differences between t5-u and t6 vessels.....

for me right now these are only t5-u variants of zenstore t6 hulls.... buyable by fleet ship modules

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • Options
    hillbrowhitmnhillbrowhitmn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We’re excited to announce the arrival of Fleet versions of many of the ships released with Delta Rising.

A bit to late now when more then 50% has quit the game already.
    Should have done this way back when the expansion came out.

I don't see a reason to install the game again not even for these fleet ships.
  • Options
    spock1190spock1190 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You're paying for Intelligence abilities and a bonus bridge officer slot. That is all. I believe it's worth it.
  • Options
    auleius12auleius12 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fleet eclipse can no longer equip cannons?:eek:
    I'm a doctor not an escalator
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    auleius12 wrote: »

If you believe that, keep doing so.
    yreodred wrote: »
    Will the Fleet Guardian get additional ship parts, like parts of the old Envoy or Celestial (made up to date) for example?

I know my question sounds a bit made like out of thin air, but i hope to get some alternative parts to create some good looking variations for it.
    Before i bought it and saw it on the promotions images i thought, wow finally a nnice looking ship but in Game it doesn't look so good accoring to my taste. Something just doesn't fit and i seriously was hoping it was coming with at least some alternative Saucers and neck parts.
    (especially a bigger/wider or round shaped saucer and a more sturdy looking neck like Andromeda, or Odyssey- like for ex. and a more elegant and less fat looking engineering hull).

The biggest thing that keeps me from flying that ship is its particular not so good looking overall general shape.

I simply miss some different looking parts to experiment with (especially saucer, neck and Engineering hull.) because i think that ship could have much potential to become a real beautiful ship if it just had some alternative parts to choose from. Even the Eclipse got some different parts if you get the Phantom or Scryer.
    Why not do the same with the guardian and old Envoy and Celestial?
    (again, the old parts would need a slight renovation according ot some ppl.)

I hope some dev reads this, and sorry for being off topic a bit.:o

Why no T6 Star Cruiser?
    (Yes it's a space whale, we know the joke and we all have been laughing about it when it was funny. :yawn: )
    But seriously, i miss these beautiful and futuristic looking ships and i think it's a pity you devs ignore those ships. I think they where some of the most original and good looking ship Cryptic ever made.

They could have been made into T6 Sci Cruisers, similar to the Command Battlecruisers, just with a science twist instead of tactical. (just an idea)

You know the Guardian isn't getting those Galaxy-class variant ship parts.

This T6 Fleet release is for the original batch of Delta Rising ships that haven't gotten their Fleet versions yet. They're getting theirs 5 months after their original release while ships released after them immediately were Fleet T6 (Command FDCs) or had Fleet versions available immediately the day of release on C-Store (Iconic ships).
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    picardcrusherpicardcrusher Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Very disappointing...

-all fed science ships get an extra tac console? Why no fed science ship (pathfinder is the obvious choice) at 2 tac, 5 science, and 4 engineering?

-Romulans get totally hooped on their battlecrusier. Three tac consoles? That's ludicrous. The same as a federation science ship... the bottom of the tac console barrel for any ship and they give it to a BATTLECRUISER.

:cool:
    The skin for the romulan battlecruiser is great artwork, but I will never use it because the hull is a cripple. Please separate the skins from the hulls so we can craft them onto the combination we want.

Also, when are you going to let us modify the hulls so we can build according to our own playstyle choices?

Nerfing is Fraud...
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    stark2k wrote: »
    No, as a Lifer that have already bought the previous Voyager type ships, prior to the release of the pathfinder, I lost out in purchasing the Pathfinder voyager interior bundle. That means I can no longer get the interior as it is no longer offered or included with the pathfinder tier 6 ship.

I now have to purchase the Intrepid Bundle to obtain the interior, however; there is one problem. If you OWN any of the previous Voyager types, and missed out on the interior Pathfinder bundle, then you are officially S.O.L.

Fleet variants do not come with interiors, as this is true with the Fleet Oddy. Fleet Oddy does not come with the bundle interior as it is exclusive only to the bundle or CStore variant.

If you already own the CStore Intrepid Bundle or the Voyager Interior/Pathfinder, then yes, you now have access to the Voyager interior when obtaining its fleet variant. However; You are S.O.L. if you have neither of the bundles.

I bought the T5 LRSV Retrofit, and so I couldn't buy the bundle, and therefore at the point in time I am thus, as you say, S.O.L.

Dammit Cryptic/PWE, this is the one time I wanted to throw money at you for those interiors, but you won't let me :(
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    auleius12 wrote: »

That's right. The Fleet eclipse can only equip turets and its turn rate is reduced to 3. But I hear it's still going to be a very good ship.
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't get the complaints.

Dauntless looks to be one of the stronger light Science Vessels.

Guardian styled ships become even more tanky or versatile with the right universal consoles (have no problem DPSing on it with 3 tact with the non-fleet version).

Too many min - max'ers not satisfied with anything unless it gives them more there.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    I noticed that no Cryptic developer was willing to sign the blog that Morrigan published.

Is this normal, or am I reading too much into something that isn't there?

Reading too much given it is pretty much just a stat sheet.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, at 5 FSM's for a single-character, non-reclaimable purchase... I don't really see the appeal without the Starship Trait.

If you have the store version and only 1 FSM, you have the trait.

How horrible they don't hand us everything purchasable through the Exchange.
    "Doing this makes folks that bought the C-Store ship level that version, then spend their 1 FSM for the Fleet upgrade, and level that version after already leveling the first one."

Way it has been since Mastery was introduced. And the first 4 levels of Mastery go fast.
    At the same time, folks making a direct purchase of the Fleet version without the C-Store one

Which is why you buy the C-store one and 1 FSM.
    It seems like a lose-lose for both C-Store owners and direct buyers..

Only ones "losing" are the ones who think they can get it "all" (abilities, modules, etc) from buying FSMs on the exchange.
    burstorion wrote: »
    I can't justify that module cost ON TOP OF (bolded and capitalised for emphasis) buying the c-store ship for one character

Then buy the module on the Exchange. Credits aren't exactly hard to come by.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    First of all thx for the release of the fleet versions and second a compliment on the good idea to make em available by existing fleet holdings. This is a fair move for the player base as well as cryptic alike in my opinion.

I’m not a good sci captain but enjoy the dauntless on one of my toons. Could you please elaborate more sir?
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    driveclubfandriveclubfan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Wha? No, Aventine is partigen king, the set says enough: everything buffs or is buffed by partigens.

Dauntless can't EWP, it's way too fragile, unreliable with too much tactical focus. Aventine's universal boffs go a long way.
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've got the c-store versions of the eclipse and phantom and only one ship module.

my question is, I plan to buy the fleet eclipse, do I need to buy the fleet phantom in order to change nacelle costume option on the fleet eclipse?
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vonestel wrote: »
    :eek: The T6 Fleet ships have only 4 levels?! Even if you already own the T6 version? So the T6 Fleet is really a T5U plus or is it really a T6 Minus? Or a T7 once removed? Umm if this Starship trait system is going to cause five different versions of each ship, maybe we need a new plan?
    Look, the Fleet ships are not and never were intended to be a direct way to get the ship. Sure, you *can* just buy the fleet ship, but just because you can doesn't mean it's a good idea. It was always intended to be like an 'upgrade' of the C-store version you already own. I expect that's the reason they don't release the fleet versions right away, so people will buy the C-store version, fly it awhile and have the mastery trait, *then* buy the fleet ship to get the buffed stats.

Of course, that logic makes all the KDF fleet ships that have no C-store version really dumb ...

But I digress. I know for many this seems like you're buying the ship twice. Really, you're paying an extra $5 to pad the stats of the ship you already bought. And you don't have to do it. Extra hull? Big deal - generally speaking that extra hull is never touched, or does nothing but make it take a few seconds longer to respawn. ;) More shield capacity? Same deal. Only the extra console makes a significant difference to overall gameplay.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    Extra bonus if you play multiple alts (of the same faction) - the Zen purchase is an account unlock; so for additional characters you would only pay again for the Fleet ship, and then only the one module (and fleet credits).
    Or better yet, buy the fleet on your main, and *gasp* use the C-store version on your alts.
    xraiderv1 wrote: »
    my question is, I plan to buy the fleet eclipse, do I need to buy the fleet phantom in order to change nacelle costume option on the fleet eclipse?
    If you've already got the ships you want to kitbash, the fleet version should be able to use those parts no problem.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You know the Guardian isn't getting those Galaxy-class variant ship parts.

This T6 Fleet release is for the original batch of Delta Rising ships that haven't gotten their Fleet versions yet. They're getting theirs 5 months after their original release while ships released after them immediately were Fleet T6 (Command FDCs) or had Fleet versions available immediately the day of release on C-Store (Iconic ships).
    Who cares if they are Galaxy class variants?
    They aren't accessible at T5 or T6 for the GCs anyway, so why not give it to the guardian?

Why waste those parts for just some T4 ships?
    I mean with a bit of polish, they could look wery good on the Guardian imo.
    Of course some new parts would be much more welcome, but since they are already there...
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)