test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Perhaps you didn't know....?

killalljedikillalljedi Member Posts: 88 Arc User
Steve Gerber (1947-2008)

The co-author of the Trek TNG episode "Contagion" (where we are introduced to the Iconians) is also the creator of "Howard the Duck" as well as episodes to several 80's-era "GI Joe" episodes?

So, whar name on Memorial Plaque? Whar?
Post edited by killalljedi on

Comments

• Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is why we can't have nice things.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Steve Gerber (1947-2008)

The co-author of the Trek TNG episode "Contagion" (where we are introduced to the Iconians) is also the creator of "Howard the Duck" as well as episodes to several 80's-era "GI Joe" episodes?

So you want a plaque for every single person involved with trek? Ever?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have watched every single episode of Trek - and every movie. I guess I should get a plaque too. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dont need a plaque for everyone, there already is one. THey do, however need to periodically update it, and I already know there was a batch set for update, but I dont know they had a timeframe for when it was going out
    (I assume with the season)

sadly...that list is already quite long....
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the Apollo program in enterprises opening credits is dead. Maybe it should be there?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    valianttomevalianttome Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Agreed.

/10char
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Since this isn't Howard The Duck Online, being a co-author of a trek episode isn't much of a reason unless the activate feature is going to list every cast and crew member, every guest star, every writer, and the makers of Shatner's hairpieces.

The only reason might be that we now know that the Iconians are behind everything that has ever happened including Fox's mishandling of Firefly :)
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't forget all interns involved with Star Trek in any way, shape or form....

... excluding those that spilled someone's coffee...
  • Options
    englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Steve Gerber (1947-2008)

Did anyone else just have a flash vision that the iconians are just talking ducks in disguise or was that just me?

maybe list all these people in a clicky thingy thing? on the plaque otherwise the plaques would just be huge in the end.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What about those countless felines who played Spot in TNG and who are most likely dead by now. Oh those poor fellows.

"Felis catus is your taxonomic nomenclature,
    An endothermic quadruped, carnivorous by nature.."

I can't go on. It's too sad...
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    what about the cat Isis in assignment:earth ??????
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Wow. Way to totally miss the point of the message there, which was that the Iconians and HtD both sprang from the same brain.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Don't forget all interns involved with Star Trek in any way, shape or form....

... excluding those that spilled someone's coffee...

I'm sure the day that a certain couple of Trek nerds expire, there will be much celebration of their demise.

http://www.dailydot.com/fandom/stra-trek-fans-tng-break-in-footage/
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't get why anytime an actual name for an actor, writer, producer or director is suggested as an addition that it's cause for such sarcasm. Just as original cast voice-overs are a sign of quality for our game, the addition of that broader memorial listing is, IMO, another sign of quality.

Thank you, killalljedi, for bringing this to our collective attention. I'm not currently logged in to look. Is Gerber's name not on the original memorial listing?

Season 10 wouldn't be happening without Gerber's contribution to the Trek canon. I certainly don't think it inappropriate to add his name to the currently maintained memorial if it isn't already there. I realize the Devs can't - and shouldn't drop everything whenever these passing's happen. Perhaps every couple of months toss any cumulative changes into a weekly server patch. I don't think this unreasonable or impractical for a game such as this one. At a minimum, his name should be added for when Season 10 does go live.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I have watched every single episode of Trek - and every movie. I guess I should get a plaque too. :)

Pa-leeze!

Come to me when you've seen them all more than 100 times each. :rolleyes:

Then we can make popcorn and do another 624 episodes marathon. :D

The first 78 viewings were the most difficult because I had to watch them on TV and had to wait to watch them, one episode at a time, each night, at 7:00. (I did the math once. 17 years, 79 episodes of ST-TOS was the only Star Trek there was baring 4 movies.

I'm glad to say that 624 episodes of ST stories, makes it stay fresh for me. And playing this game, the PVE stories, it just gives me an excuse to re-watch an ep. to see if the Devs got it right. From the parts I've played, they did and they do.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wouldn't have endorsed adding an inconsequential writer to a Trek memorial plaque, but with how far Cryptic has taken the canonically-extinct Iconians, I'd say they owe him at least that much.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Pa-leeze!

Come to me when you've seen them all more than 100 times each. :rolleyes:

Then we can make popcorn and do another 624 episodes marathon. :D

The first 78 viewings were the most difficult because I had to watch them on TV and had to wait to watch them, one episode at a time, each night, at 7:00. (I did the math once. 17 years, 79 episodes of ST-TOS was the only Star Trek there was baring 4 movies.

I'm glad to say that 624 episodes of ST stories, makes it stay fresh for me. And playing this game, the PVE stories, it just gives me an excuse to re-watch an ep. to see if the Devs got it right. From the parts I've played, they did and they do.
    FYI, there are 703 episodes of Trek - 725 when you include TAS - and then the movies. :)

TOS: 79
    TAS: 22
    TNG: 178
    DS9: 176
    VOY: 172
    ENT: 98
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

Yes when you pass away.... But hopefully that will be a long time from now (touch wood).... The forums need TheCosmic1
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Steve Gerber (1947-2008)

You know what's really weird I have just finished watching contagion as well... really good episode

that said.....

please explain how you are going to fit every single person who dies from the star trek team ove the past 60 years onto a memorial plaque...

I know you didnt say that but this is where that's going if people want this..
    then its just going to be one headache after another with these forums.