test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Well you proved me wrong

frontline2042frontline2042 Member Posts: 219 Arc User
When we didn't hit tier 2 by Sunday night I had thought for sure we wouldn't hit tier 3 this week. And lo when I logged in this morning to do my part we hit tier 3 last night. Congratulations guys/gals, I was proven wrong and being wrong feels so good.
Ignorance is an obstacle not an excuse
Let the stupid suffer
Post edited by frontline2042 on

Comments

• Options
    chestertrekchestertrek Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I didn't think even hitting tier 2 was looking very good for a while! Agreed, well done all.

No doubt the next objective will be made 25% less achievable.
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was very much surprised myself... When I last looked, a day or two back, we were just shy of hitting Tier 2...

Login today and Tier 3 is complete... I honestly wondered if Cryptic had given us a gimme for Tier 3 this coming week or something...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was surpised too. Although a 150% CXP Bonus Week isn't that exciting. I hope the next bonus will be on dilithium or reputation. ;)
  • Options
    sanctusmortisanctusmorti Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I bust a gut doing three Delta Recruits and I must admit I didn't think we would do it!

Awesome work, as others have said: I really hope the next weeks task rewards something more interesting.
  • Options
    valianttomevalianttome Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When we didn't hit tier 2 by Sunday night I had thought for sure we wouldn't hit tier 3 this week. And lo when I logged in this morning to do my part we hit tier 3 last night. Congratulations guys/gals, I was proven wrong and being wrong feels so good.

This might sound insulting. But I get the impression most playing the game didnt know that DOffing was required to move the bar. They probably assumed it was much like the first week. Playing missions for another week of XP Boost.

Guess enough players paying attention finally logged in to notice what it was actually asking of them.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ive been doffing like a boss, 1,2,3,and 4 hour projects constantly up.

But the CXP bonus will be very nice to help top up my main. I've got about 5 department to bring from level 3 to level 4.
    Then ill have mastered all doffing departments. :)
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    sillett131#8260 sillett131 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I gotta say this whole event so far has been fun and it has revitalized my fleet. I thank all of those involved in making it happen and those participating. Well done.
  • Options
    thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    I was very much surprised myself... When I last looked, a day or two back, we were just shy of hitting Tier 2...

Login today and Tier 3 is complete... I honestly wondered if Cryptic had given us a gimme for Tier 3 this coming week or something...

Seeing as a lot of people don't DOff normally, so they won't bother Doffing on their Delta(if they hadn't unlocked account rewards & deleted already), I have a suspicion that the goal posts were moved backwards this week. Cryptic never released actual numeric goals, so we will never know the truth.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Indeed, well done. I tried to doff with my own Delta Recruit on the side, whenever possible too. So onto the next week... :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    thegcbacon wrote: »
    Seeing as a lot of people don't DOff normally, so they won't bother Doffing on their Delta(if they hadn't unlocked account rewards & deleted already), I have a suspicion that the goal posts were moved backwards this week. Cryptic never released actual numeric goals, so we will never know the truth.

If Tier 3 is complete. That's great and tbh considering how slow it was progressing over the weekend the best I was planning on it being was to at its best. So it's nice to have a pleasant surprise every now and then. And if by some quirk of fate the Devs saw fit to make some adjustments so it moves in our favour. I sure won't complain and if they have done so. Then all I'll say is "Thank you"
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I didn't expect it to get there either, that's why I'm calling it out. Something is fishy. And I don't live near the water or an open market.
  • Options
    valianttomevalianttome Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I honestly dont see why there always has to be some conspiracy theory thrown in whenever a discussion is being made regarding the game and Cryptics handling of it.

DOffing in general is far easier than doing a single mission for the play through. Sure theres a good bit of clicking involved. But you can easily slot 15-20 DOff projects in a matter of a minute or two versus the 20+ minutes youll spend in a single mission. The Cardie Arc in itself is going to slow even the fastest leveler down a good bit. I myself have only been able to bring myself to do 4 or 5 of the 17 or 18 missions. Theyre that tedious.

If anything Cryptic failed to anticipate the ease in which we'd hit their Tier 3 goal with DOffing.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2015

the only problem is that last week each tier was worth 50% bonus xp so by getting tier 2 we got 100% bonus but this week each tier is worth 15% bonus CXP so even with tier 3 it still doesn't add up to what we got for tier 1 of last weeks bonus and only gives us 45% total bonus.

still every extra is welcome so im still greatful.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Na I think it was a gimme, I was on almost all of yesterday thanks to a break in work and I don't see how in the hell we added about 20% in 1 hour....maybe it was 2 hours but I know it wasn't full in the morning and by lunch it was done :confused:

regardless if its accurate or not or if it was a gimme or not, the rewards should remain active till the event is over, ie we maintain our 100% xp boost, some people might be like na, but im like totally ya....:cool:

I mean we do have a secondary specialization becoming primary and having more boxes added to it, I have yet to still finish 1 single specialization tree ( I know, shame on us casual players who get on for a couple hours a week)
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seeing as a lot of people don't DOff normally

Out of curiosity: is that so, and if: does anybody know why?
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the only problem is that last week each tier was worth 50% bonus xp so by getting tier 2 we got 100% bonus but this week each tier is worth 15% bonus CXP so even with tier 3 it still doesn't add up to what we got for tier 1 of last weeks bonus and only gives us 45% total bonus.

still every extra is welcome so im still greatful.

its 25% per tier as per this blog post http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9130503-delta-recruitment-week-2

not exactly sure where you got the 15% but that will be a nice bonus for you to see :D happy christmas!
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    iamdoom23 wrote: »
    I gotta say this whole event so far has been fun and it has revitalized my fleet. I thank all of those involved in making it happen and those participating. Well done.

I agree. It's turning out to be a great event and I hope a couple of things from it stick around. One being a boost to all new recruits going forward. Maybe not on the epic scale of this event, but keeping the idea of making the journey for fresh toons a little easier.

I had plans to create the character that became my Delta Recruit many months ago. But the monumental task, especially post Delta Rising, of bringing a new character up to the level of my current characters just really put a damper on the idea. It still is a long road, but getting some boosts along the way helped ease the load.

The other is the idea of server-wide goals and rewards. This can have many good uses and bring attention to pretty much any aspect of the game.
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hm.

What if the bar's progress was determined by the value/length of the missions being finished, and a pile of big missions finished?
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nadiezja wrote: »
    Hm.

What if the bar's progress was determined by the value/length of the missions being finished, and a pile of big missions finished?

It's possible.

Anyways, good job everyone! Let's see what is next up and see if we can Tier III Max it too!
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    frontline2042frontline2042 Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nadiezja wrote: »
    Hm.

Bort said it's just raw numbers of missions done. I asked if length influenced anything and he said no.
    Ignorance is an obstacle not an excuse
    Let the stupid suffer
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xyquarze wrote: »
    Out of curiosity: is that so, and if: does anybody know why?
    Cryptic only knows.

Forum posters just generally count themselves as "a lot of people" if not even "most people." :rolleyes:
  • Options
    englishnodenglishnod Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    raventomoe wrote: »
    It's possible.

Anyways, good job everyone! Let's see what is next up and see if we can Tier III Max it too!

I will mark my claim of the next one being something to do with R&D, only because it seems logical and i am at a loss for anything else it could be lol
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seeing as a lot of people don't DOff normally, so they won't bother Doffing on their Delta(if they hadn't unlocked account rewards & deleted already).

And also seeing as a lot of us didn't even do a delta alt to begin with because the rewards just aren't worth grinding another character. Just my opinion, though. Those of you who think this event is the greatest thing since sliced bread, well, rock on.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This thing finished last evening PST. We could have likely hit a Tier IV. I think people were on a MISSION to get T3 ater losing it on last weeks challenge.

That said, the current XP payout seems closer to where the game *should* be.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That said, the current XP payout seems closer to where the game *should* be.

What? Satisfying?
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It is a reporting error.

Keep DOffing.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    englishnod wrote: »
    I will mark my claim of the next one being something to do with R&D, only because it seems logical and i am at a loss for anything else it could be lol

O.o

Nothing else comes to mind?

Rep projects?
    Rep tiers unlocked?
    Fleet donations?
    Queue actions?
    PvP?
    Gear mark upgrades?
    Doff chains completed?
    Ship mastery tiers?

Really, the rnd seems most likely but there are plenty more possibilities.