test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possible problem with "Alpha" mission

joshjpeter2joshjpeter2 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Klingon Discussion
I just finished with the "Alpha" mission on a Delta recruit I finished all objectives and went to beam up. When sector space loaded however it said continue with "Alpha" and when I clicked I beamed down to the ground start point.

My question is this a common problem with other players and if so is there a workaround for it.

(also i got the iconian tech so i just want the completionist credit and the skill points)
Post edited by joshjpeter2 on

Comments

• rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Similar problem with Temporal Ambassador, you scan the anomaly at the end successfully but the option to scan remains.
    Don't recall it for Alpha my last play through.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,613 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Did you use the [ Ops ] or similar button at the near-bottom center or bottom right of the screen to exit?

If you used the top-right button instead the game might not have registered the episode as finished.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pay attention to the main mission tracker. some missions get registered as completed before you exit. When that happens I usually turn it in immediately.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited April 2015
    Ok I just played it again and watched carefully.

The REAL final objective is to kill the Hirogen alpha in battle, you should be able to turn in the mission immediately afterwards, BEFORE you talk to the captain or beam out.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There are various missions that goof a step - don't reward credit for a step - so even though it lets you continue playing through the missions as if everything was fine, when you're done you're not done.

The main one which has been problematic for me is Everything Old Is New. It tends to fail on the transition from Shenanigans to Down to the Bones. So even though I'd be doing the Down to the Bones part of the mission - and - I'd have all the objectives as if I were doing it; it would still show that I was doing Shenanigans - so I started keeping an eye on that happening, and if it did - I'd hop out and wait a bit, then continue, starting with Shenanigans and work my way through again rather than doing the Down to the Bones only to have to go back and do Shenanigans again anyway as well as having to do Down to the Bones again.
    edited April 2015
    And sometimes that seems to happen just because you exited the mission. Second wave used to be REALLY bad about it. Clicking the warp out button would reset mission progress, AFTER the mission was ready to turn in. It looks to me like talking to the captain or your boff after you beat the Hirogen and finish the mission might be what does it here.

It's hard to be sure because we don't have proper controls. Hmm.... another possibility is that interacting with the Iconian artifact before the Delta object appears might do it too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh yeah, I definitely always check to see if I can turn in the mission before leaving because of those missions that will reset after you leave like that...
    edited April 2015
    thinking about this again... if I had to point to one specific thing as the issue, I would point at the dialog with the Klingon captain. When I played it earlier this week, I did the ground part twice. The first time it glitched out, I noticed it had glitched after I talked to the captain and before the beam up, so it wasn't the beam up that caused the glitch. The second time I turned it in before talking to the Klingon and it worked fine.

But as I said before, there are multiple variables and it might be a coincidence.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing